Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:13 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,368,262 times

Advertisements

Did not Christ say, "Do unto others as you would like them to do to you?" And doesn't that then mean that you should put yourself in a gay's person's shoes and wonder how it feels to him or her to be bashed? Whatever happened to Christian love? Kindness?

Old 03-17-2009, 04:23 PM

22,580 posts, read 19,315,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Heterosexual here with no problems with anybody being homosexual if that is the way they feel. I do have many religions I would like to see (as huckleberry put it) “expressly forbidden”.

Looking at history I think it would be a good move to replace Christianity with Gay organizations. They, to my knowledge, have never raised an army and killed millions of non gays. A different view is never a problem, nor did they work with Hitler’s Third Reich and stand by while millions of people were killed or in the case of Croatia actually take place in the killings. I have never see an army of gays invade Spain or any contry to kill other non gay groups, no mystics burned by the gay inquisition. They sure are not overpopulating the earth so I think we could say they are good for the environment, and might even say they are green.

I actually can see nothing negative about the movement other than they make me stand out as a poor dresser, with both a poor sense of style and an obvious color vision problem. I'm all for the switch; I want to see a Queen in the Vatican, it would have to be a change for the better.
my vote for post of the week, you totally rock racer!

Old 03-17-2009, 04:36 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,129,715 times
Gay hatred is rampant amongst fundamentalists of all religions, even Hindu. But the fact that not all fundamentalists believe it leads me to the next point.

Religion, itself, is not at fault. There instead seems to be a segment of humanity that is repelled by homosexuality, regardless of religious dogma. But they often use their dogma as "proof" that homosexuality is "evil", "unnatural", etc... They don't even realize that they are using religion as an excuse to mask to their own internal repugnance of homosexuality.

Don't blame religion for their ignorance. They are in fact operating on the most basic animalistic impulses. They often believe that sex is exclusively for procreation and thus homosexuality is "not natural."

They ignore the fact that homosexuality is quite common in nature.

They ignore the fact that sex is often recreational, especially among humans, and that this has nothing to do with procreation.

They ignore the fact that sex is a legitimate way to spiritually connect with another human being.

And above all, they ignore the fact that certain humans are wired to be attracted to the same sex. This has been true throughout human history. Every - and I mean every - aboriginal culture has customs that deal with same-sex attraction. Some reject it. Some embrace it.

Folks, deal with it. Homosexuality is a natural variant of human love and attraction. Just because you might be personally repelled by it doesn't give you the right to assume you have any moral authority over anyone else.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:40 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,473,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm betting it makes it to page 6
Uh oh... It looks like it might get to 7 pages...

Old 03-17-2009, 04:55 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,278,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Gay hatred is rampant amongst fundamentalists of all religions, even Hindu. But the fact that not all fundamentalists believe it leads me to the next point.

Religion, itself, is not at fault. There instead seems to be a segment of humanity that is repelled by homosexuality, regardless of religious dogma. But they often use their dogma as "proof" that homosexuality is "evil", "unnatural", etc... They don't even realize that they are using religion as an excuse to mask to their own internal repugnance of homosexuality.

Don't blame religion for their ignorance. They are in fact operating on the most basic animalistic impulses. They often believe that sex is exclusively for procreation and thus homosexuality is "not natural."

They ignore the fact that homosexuality is quite common in nature.

They ignore the fact that sex is often recreational, especially among humans, and that this has nothing to do with procreation.

They ignore the fact that sex is a legitimate way to spiritually connect with another human being.

And above all, they ignore the fact that certain humans are wired to be attracted to the same sex. This has been true throughout human history. Every - and I mean every - aboriginal culture has customs that deal with same-sex attraction. Some reject it. Some embrace it.

Folks, deal with it. Homosexuality is a natural variant of human love and attraction. Just because you might be personally repelled by it doesn't give you the right to assume you have any moral authority over anyone else.
This is 100% correct. I am not 100% sure where I stand on the Biblical passages against homosexuality, but many fundamentalist Christians are so repelled by the thought of being with somebody of their own sex that they make it into some super-sin when Biblically it is really no worse than those little white lies you tell all the time and think nothing of. I have heard many preachers say things like homosexuality is worse than murder, or when somebody has same sex attraction that means they are in the deepest depravity possible for a human being, and can no longer be redeemed. This type of distortion to fit is why so many gay teens and young adults, especially those in conservative families or conservative small towns, attempt suicide.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:57 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,643,187 times
Troop wrote:
Quote:
Uh oh... It looks like it might get to 7 pages...
Yeah, but so far we haven't seen the really hostile antigay bunch get involved. We've just seen some garden variety name calling and a few incredibly stupid posts, but that's not uncommon on any thread. Maybe the heavy hitters are busy visiting their parole officers today.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:04 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,364,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Troop wrote:

Yeah, but so far we haven't seen the really hostile antigay bunch get involved. We've just seen some garden variety name calling and a few incredibly stupid posts, but that's not uncommon on any thread. Maybe the heavy hitters are busy visiting their parole officers today.
They are still out drinking green beer.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:27 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,356,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
Homosexuality is a crime

How can we be safe if we live amoung them?
I'm a Christian who is studying about homosexuality, so I don't plan on giving my opinion just yet about it. But I had to say something to this.

Do you mean it is a crime against God? And what do you mean, how can you be safe among them?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:55 PM

148 posts, read 294,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I'm a Christian who is studying about homosexuality, so I don't plan on giving my opinion just yet about it. But I had to say something to this.

Do you mean it is a crime against God? And what do you mean, how can you be safe among them?
Very good question,
thank you very much dear mzjamiedawn, you were polite and gentle.

1. Homosexuality is a crime because it destroys lives as well as the nobility of people. This is a fact, no one reject it but the homosexual for a purpose that is known.

Also if we suppose that homosexaulity is good and should be practiced by our fathers, we have no right to violate the Rules of The Owner of This Earth, He has forbidden that action, so we must not do it.

2. When the punishment of God fall upon people, only those who were forbidding the people from the evil will be safe, the people who say nothing against the evil will be with the evil doers in punishment.

We are in a ship, if there are some who want to make a hole in a ship, we should prevent them, but if we leave them then all of us will sank.

Can someone say I practiced sex with my mother because I loved her so much?

If a person feel attraction toward the same gender, then we think that he is respected enough to adjust himself and disipline his behaviour.
We cannot imagine that he will follow his lust rather than control it, he is a human being.

We can control ourselves as long as we have mind.

3. God is The Holy and His Light fire all the dirty things, we all vanish before His Greatness, thus we cannot harm Him, we harm ourselves when we disobey Him and do bad things.

God by His Mercy honer those who forbid themselves from the evil actions.

40. But as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and restrained himself from impure evil desires, and lusts.

41. Verily, Paradise will be his abode.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:06 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,136,958 times
Homosexuality is normal. It is estimated that 10% of all people are born attracted to the same sex. I believe they should be accepted into society and treated just as equal as everyone else. Because you will never, ever stop it. It's part of nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.