Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 03:37 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,399,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
they make this particularly discomforting noise in a particular frequency range, and if you can interpret this as a message (as i do ) to turn the radio on, it just may be that you get an answer to a question you may not even have thought you had, before such an experience..

sounds a bit whacky, i guess..
Yep. Sounds a bit whacky. You're use of English, Effie, is getting much much better. Good work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 03:48 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,399,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Yep. Sounds a bit whacky. You're use of English, Effie, is getting much much better. Good work.
Effie, I should have said,
"Your use of English..." Using "You're" was incorrect. Sorry.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:53 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Effie, I should have said,
"Your use of English..." Using "You're" was incorrect. Sorry.

hey, i don't claim any policing rights here - but emoticons, normally..

Old 04-23-2009, 07:59 PM

54 posts, read 112,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
judging from what is see happening on planet earth... i will first have fear!!!!! just look at all the pain and suffering going on in the world every single day and throughout history..and that go's for the animals to... if god is so carring why do all these things happen???? people will say it's the devil!!!!! then that means that the devil has as much power as the creator... i doubt that any single person on this planet and beyond will stand in front of the one and only creator without fear!!!!

and as for the question to god i'm still thinking
I would bow down, thank him for forgiving me, and apologize for not doing more to help the world.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:09 PM

52 posts, read 87,632 times
Simply Thank you

Old 12-02-2019, 12:18 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
what would you do or say to the all powerfull creator when you first meet him in person??

give me some time!!! i need to realy think about that question.
God often manifests like The Bible says & He takes me to see Hell. And when I speak & start talking about my own thoughts 'God instantly picks me up & throws me into the lake of fire to burn with everyone else. It is agony. God does not say a word He just picks me up & throws me into the lake. He does not like being spoken to. It is best if you just remain dead quiet & listen to God speak always. When God appears in front of you don't say a word. Just keep quiet & listen to what God has to say to you. It will be a very important message that you will miss if you are busy talking your own mind. So stay quiet for God's sake!

Old 12-02-2019, 02:37 PM

1,096 posts, read 419,153 times
Interesting question and of course, what I imagine now that I would do might be far different than what would really happen. But if I met Her, as someone outside myself, I don't know that I would be able to say anything. If I had eyes they would be wide open, and if I did have a mouth, it would probably be hanging open. Because in that moment I would be in awe. And that is if it was a presence I could detect outside myself.

But mainly it would all just be feelings. I've imagined Her in numerous ways -- as pure light, as people of all cultures and ages, as a thread that runs between us. But it would be the love that cinched it. If that love was coming off of Her, I would melt.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:39 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Interesting question and of course, what I imagine now that I would do might be far different than what would really happen. But if I met Her, as someone outside myself, I don't know that I would be able to say anything. If I had eyes they would be wide open, and if I did have a mouth, it would probably be hanging open. Because in that moment I would be in awe. And that is if it was a presence I could detect outside myself.

But mainly it would all just be feelings. I've imagined Her in numerous ways -- as pure light, as people of all cultures and ages, as a thread that runs between us. But it would be the love that cinched it. If that love was coming off of Her, I would melt.
Prepare to have your expectations met multiple times over.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:50 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
God often manifests like The Bible says & He takes me to see Hell. And when I speak & start talking about my own thoughts 'God instantly picks me up & throws me into the lake of fire to burn with everyone else. It is agony. God does not say a word He just picks me up & throws me into the lake. He does not like being spoken to. It is best if you just remain dead quiet & listen to God speak always. When God appears in front of you don't say a word. Just keep quiet & listen to what God has to say to you. It will be a very important message that you will miss if you are busy talking your own mind. So stay quiet for God's sake!
Perhaps he's showing you your future.

Old 12-03-2019, 11:22 AM

154 posts, read 74,388 times
I don't really believe this so-called god exists but if I ever met this entity in person-----
It would get an earful from me about how much of a sick evil b@stard it is for allowing so much violence, disease, destruction and the like to happen on the beautiful earth and to the human beings it supposedly created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality