Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 04:46 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,950,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-BIG-NOTHING View Post
Nothing comes about without a creator? ok fine. let's call that a rule according to you.

1. where did God come from?

2. what was God doing before he created the heaven and the earth?

3. Where was God before he created the universe in which he's in right now?

and if you answered the above 3 questions...

4. HOW DO YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS?
1. God has always been. Nobody created God.
2. God created time so the question makes no sense.
3. God is omnipresent. He exists both in and out of space.
4. Faith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 05:30 PM

10 posts, read 16,568 times
how can you claim that everything has a cause and effect but then turn around and say god has no cause?

how can you even claim that he is eternal other then a book that has told you?

Old 05-04-2009, 05:46 PM

161 posts, read 415,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
1. God has always been. Nobody created God.
2. God created time so the question makes no sense.
3. God is omnipresent. He exists both in and out of space.
4. Faith
God can't have always been there. Are you telling me that one day God just became????
if i tell you that i found a watch on the ground, you ask who the designer was. you won't accept the answer of "the watch was always there".

well, who was the designer of God?

Old 05-04-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
God can't have always been there. Are you telling me that one day God just became????
Think of the curvature of a circle. It has neither begining nor end and if you were a two dimensional stickman then walking on top of it would give you the impression that it extends indefinitely both ways.

Quote:
if i tell you that i found a watch on the ground, you ask who the designer was. you won't accept the answer of "the watch was always there".
Of course not. If I saw a watch on the ground instead of say a 13.7 billion year old universe then I would think that it ultimately came from a factory where the watches are mass produced by machinery.

Quote:
well, who was the designer of God?
Most people say there was none but I'm also inclined to think that God's God created God.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Most people say there was none but I'm also inclined to think that God's God created God.
then who created God's God?
do you see how pointless this argument is and how silly this idea is?
if the universe MUST have had an intelligent creator, then that creator must have had an even bigger/smarter/more powerful creator so you get to this ever complicating roundabout problem!
there is no God!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:14 PM

998 posts, read 1,335,807 times
Quote:
Nothing comes about without a creator? ok fine. let's call that a rule according to you.

1. where did God come from?

2. what was God doing before he created the heaven and the earth?

3. Where was God before he created the universe in which he's in right now?

and if you answered the above 3 questions...

4. HOW DO YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS?
When you're dead you will get the answers to all your questions....though by then it will be too late for you to do anything with that knowledge gained.

Are all those questions asked in sincerity or just to test a believer's faith/knowledge?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 PM

998 posts, read 1,335,807 times
Quote:
if the universe MUST have had an intelligent creator, then that creator must have had an even bigger/smarter/more powerful creator so you get to this ever complicating roundabout problem!
there is no God!!!
Look all around you. Can all these just happen by chance? Some examples : the earth's distance from the sun. the human body & its workings etc...all require sophistication that nature just can't supply. Only a Creator can and does.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Pressumably God's God's God.

Quote:
Infinite regression? I'm not sure, since when is are cycles silly?

Quote:
That computer you are using to type is probably better at multitasking than every person in the world put together. Cars can travel many times faster than the engineers who make them and robot arms are stronger than the roboticists who made it. Sure none of those things are capable of abstract thought(not yet anyways) but then again they weren't designed with that in mind.

Creators don't necessarily need to be more complex than the creations.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Look all around you. Can all these just happen by chance? Some examples : the earth's distance from the sun. the human body & its workings etc...all require sophistication that nature just can't supply. Only a Creator can and does.
We are a tiny planet on a desolate universe. We've searched across many lightyears, looked at millions of stars, gazed deep into space with powerful telescopes, with sophisticated satellites and still failed to find one other miserable instance of life other than us.

There is so much endless non-living space everywhere that it really makes one think that we are an annomaly. Let's face it, we simply do not fit in with the rest of the universe. We seem to be pretty much the result of random chance and if a god does exist then we probably are seen by it as an oddity or an accident.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post

you obviously know nothing about probabilities! do you know how many galaxies and stars and supernovas there are in the "known" universe?
do you know how small we are?

i highly doubt you are a thinking man! (or woman)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality