Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:27 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,357,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-BIG-NOTHING View Post
try me!
answer the questions that YOU believe are true, and lets see if more questions remain.
Quote:
yes, i ask more questions because your responses are ridiculous!
Quote:
i highly doubt you are a thinking man! (or woman)
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised.
There's a lot of people here who refuse to think for themselves....to analyze Evidence...instead, they blindly accept cmyths!
well, sir, that's nothing to be proud of!
This responses are exactly why I knew I wouldn't even answer the questions when I first read the OP. This person did not ask in sincerity, but rather to ridicule. Everyone will do good to remember this the next time s/he posts a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 11:13 AM

67 posts, read 103,223 times
Default Fishy Tale

Some hard questions that just cannot be resolved using the only tool we have at our disposal: logic: A fish in a large tank would maybe see that the room outside of his tank was very spacious but hostile towards him and maybe feel the vibrations of a air liner coming in to land at the nearby airport but if that fish had logic nothing could prepare it for what was on the outside and if that fish had been bred in captivity and released in the ocean at some point the gravity and enormity of his freedom would drive him insane.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:16 AM

161 posts, read 415,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Butler View Post
Some hard questions that just cannot be resolved using the only tool we have at our disposal: logic: A fish in a large tank would maybe see that the room outside of his tank was very spacious but hostile towards him and maybe feel the vibrations of a air liner coming in to land at the nearby airport but even if that fish had logic nothing could prepare it for what was on the outside and if that fish had been bred in captivity and released in the ocean at some point the gravity and enormity of his freedom would drive him insane.
1. we are not fish
2. how do you know how the fish would feel? or whether or not he would go insane?!

follow the evidence!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:19 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,445,453 times
Quote:
Nothing comes about without a creator? ok fine. let's call that a rule according to you.

1. where did God come from?

2. what was God doing before he created the heaven and the earth?

3. Where was God before he created the universe in which he's in right now?

and if you answered the above 3 questions...

4. HOW DO YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS?
1. God did not come from anywhere, he IS. Jesus (who is God) said I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

2. God was being! God never needed to create the Universe, or the world or us. I think that God made everything to explain himself. It is written that God is Love. So out of this love came a desire to create.

3. God is not in the Universe, in that he is not bound by the laws and limitations of this creation of his. Think of the universe as a bubble of time/space that God created for us to live in. Think that God then wanted to become part of his creation and he came to earth in the form of Jesus Christ.

There is no other God, except for God (Father, Son and Holy Ghost). He says in Isaiah 44:8b "Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any."

Old 05-05-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
1. God did not come from anywhere, he IS. Jesus (who is God) said I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

2. God was being! God never needed to create the Universe, or the world or us. I think that God made everything to explain himself. It is written that God is Love. So out of this love came a desire to create.

3. God is not in the Universe, in that he is not bound by the laws and limitations of this creation of his. Think of the universe as a bubble of time/space that God created for us to live in. Think that God then wanted to become part of his creation and he came to earth in the form of Jesus Christ.

There is no other God, except for God (Father, Son and Holy Ghost). He says in Isaiah 44:8b "Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any."
"God did not come from anywhere"
that makes no sense! he must have come from somewhere! (human imagination maybe?)
how would you feel if i said that the universe did not come from anywhere?

ps. why does God need to "Explain" himself by creating us? do you "Explain" yourself to ants and rodents or your paintings or your drawings?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:28 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,033,554 times
Seems to me that you are not going to grasp anything that anyone tells you and that you have your own ideas. So, why don't you give us the answers since none of us can give them to you?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Seems to me that you are not going to grasp anything that anyone tells you and that you have your own ideas. So, why don't you give us the answers since none of us can give them to you?
i don't have the answers!
i'm a scientist; what i can do is look at the evidence. the evidence suggests that there have been millions of years worth of evolution occuring....hence the gradual differences between the different species; the unique developement of species living on secluded islands; etc.

just because we don't have the answers, doesn't mean you can put everything on God! the God that there's no proof for! no evidence. you can't simply say that since i don't understand X, i should do nothing to try to understand it, and instead, i will choose the easy path and claim that an invisible/all powerful father figure living in the sky did it!
As i said before....look at the hard evidence...the stuff you can actually study and learn upon......try for a second to imagine how religion could have been created by those who wanted to be in control...to scare others into following their own path and purpose.

Free yourself of this constant fearful thing you call life under God! God probably does not exist! Enjoy life! this is all there is!

Does anyone feel the same way i do, or am I an island?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,033,554 times
Quote:
i don't have the answers!
i'm a scientist; what i can do is look at the evidence. the evidence suggests that there have been millions of years worth of evolution occuring....hence the gradual differences between the different species; the unique developement of species living on secluded islands; etc.
When science and religion come together, you will probably get your answer.

Quote:
just because we don't have the answers, doesn't mean you can put everything on God! the God that there's no proof for! no evidence. you can't simply say that since i don't understand X, i should do nothing to try to understand it, and instead, i will choose the easy path and claim that an invisible/all powerful father figure living in the sky did it!
I know without a doubt that God does exist. He has shown me His love for me on a material level. Only I can know that truth because knowing God is indeed a personal thing.

Quote:
As i said before....look at the hard evidence...the stuff you can actually study and learn upon......try for a second to imagine how religion could have been created by those who wanted to be in control...to scare others into following their own path and purpose.
I know how religion came about. It was created by humans so that we could know God. It has been distorted many times throughout the centuries because man wanted to be in control of man. When people like me step outside of that box and learn of God on our own, we are the ones who are ridiculed because we don't want man to control us any longer.

Quote:
Free yourself of this constant fearful thing you call life under God! God probably does not exist! Enjoy life! this is all there is!
I do not now nor will I ever fear God. My life is full of happiness and the peace that passes all understanding. Do you have that? I doubt it because then you may have some answers. No one has the right answers for someone else unless they both live it.

Quote:
Does anyone feel the same way i do, or am I an island?
It seems you may be an island because everyone who has answered you has been wrong according to you.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
It seems you may be an island because everyone who has answered you has been wrong according to you.
the one thing we agree on!

Old 05-05-2009, 04:37 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,357,889 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the one thing we agree on!
See there, Rev1111, he didn't really want your answers, just to be able to shout how much he disagrees with everyone.

You politely gave your belief, and he made fun of it. Same with others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality