Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2007, 08:10 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Ditto....what I just said to SS. I wish you guys could have known me before I was so "happy". You would be so glad I'm a Christian now. Can't you get some idea of what I might have been like from my posts? Take that same sarcastic, riot inciting yet sweet Christian girl and think of her as Satan's daughter. I was meant to follow Christ and I knew that but I kept ignoring Him because I was selfish, self-centered, self-involved and thought I was pretty darn brilliant and talented. (Well, I still have a little trouble letting go of the last two).

Anyway, my point is that I lived in a constant state of fear because I knew I was probably going to hell. So how did I deal with that? Drugs, alcohol, sex, smoking, and atrocious unacceptable behavior. That's right. Now I look forward to dying!!! Not because I'm unhappy, but because I know what great riches await me and that our existance will be perfect, like Jesus. If you want to know how I stopped doing all these things, I'll be glad to share that with you....
You sound like you're using religion for a crutch and you need mental therapy. I am not joking or being mean, you sound very unstable.

And you accuse me of being with Satan, I have never fallen back on those things you mentioned, or made any of the poor life decisions you made. Why are you so quick to judge? You know nothing about me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 08:11 PM

5,909 posts, read 3,806,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
This is the first time that I'm aware of that I've even talked to you. I'm not fishing to ruffle any feathers you are overreacting and must be thinking of someone else. I honestly thought what you said was hilarious. I joked around, apparently whatever religion you are a part of has banned humor?

And you accuse me of siding with Satan? What the hell are you talking about? Please explain what I have done that is so evil. You just sound insane right now.

Naw, it's you. I've never talked to you because I've been ignoring you. I think the "off to hell with you" comment is what got us all started. You can dish it but you can't take it.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times
Northsouth...seriously...it was just some fooling around! I do believe there's a heaven of one description or another and I'm sure you'll be there. I'm not Christian but I'm not any of the things you speak of from your past either...I never drank and ran around and all that stuff. (Sigh.) I was ALWAYS a good girl. Non-Christians can be good girls too.

Honestly, maybe Shadow and I shouldn't have joked around on it but...it was just the way it came out..."See you in heaven..." I'm actually glad that you all have that image and are looking forward to that. It was just a little fun.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
WTH...Satan wears pants???????????????????
Yeah, and he kinda looks like Don Imus. But that's another thread.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:13 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Naw, it's you. I've never talked to you because I've been ignoring you. I think the "off to hell with you" comment is what got us all started. You can dish it but you can't take it.
How can I not take it? You made a comment and I replied back. You aren't even trying to make sense are you?

Old 04-13-2007, 08:14 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,915,187 times
amen NorthSouth, its called Blessed Assurance not gloating. If it were based on what I have done to get to heaven I would be the main guy burning in the pits of hell, but it is what Jesus has already done on the cross that gives me total assurance that I will meet fellow believers in Heaven like NorthSouth--and the scriptures tell us that, so its not in our gloating but in our faith in Jesus Christ

Old 04-13-2007, 08:17 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
It's funny that it seems the Christians here are all people who would be going to hell if they didn't convert.

I have done nothing wrong in my life besides maybe a few lies, I've been a good person and regret nothing that I have done. It seems we happy/good people are usually the ones that don't grasp for a religion.

I think this forum have a few legitimate Christians, but mostly just a bunch of people afraid of going to hell (even though they themselves aren't sure it exists, despite what they claim). I can see right through you people, and Northsouth you have made it so obvious that you cling to religion for desperation, not for any true belief or dedication.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
You sound like you're using religion for a crutch and you need mental therapy. I am not joking or being mean, you sound very unstable.

And you accuse me of being with Satan, I have never fallen back on those things you mentioned, or made any of the poor life decisions you made. Why are you so quick to judge? You know nothing about me.
Care to address what I said to you before this? I don't know exactly what your problem is, but you definitely have one. You want something to get testy about? Go read the whole thread about "all answers for all unbelievers of Christ". That'll get your atheist motor running.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:19 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Care to address what I said to you before this? I don't know exactly what your problem is, but you definitely have one. You want something to get testy about? Go read the whole thread about "all answers for all unbelievers of Christ". That'll get your atheist motor running.
I'm not an atheist. You have to love ignorant assumptions from those who think they know it all. I can already see a lot of pride, envy, and wrath in just a few of your posts. You're trying to collect all seven in one thread arent you? Gotta catch em all!

Old 04-13-2007, 08:22 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,421,524 times
Quote:
It's funny that it seems the Christians here are all people who would be going to hell if they didn't convert.

I have done nothing wrong in my life besides maybe a few lies, I've been a good person and regret nothing that I have done. It seems we happy/good people are usually the ones that don't grasp for a religion.

I think this forum have a few legitimate Christians, but mostly just a bunch of people afraid of going to hell (even though they themselves aren't sure it exists, despite what they claim). I can see right through you people, and Northsouth you have made it so obvious that you cling to religion for desperation, not for any true belief or dedication.
Well, yea Christians would be going to hell if we weren't Christians. I'm sure you are a very good person, it's just not enough to get into Heaven according to the Bible which I believe. I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of going to hell, I'm a Christian because I love the Lord, believe in Jesus as my savior, he has forgiven me and I have a relationship with Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality