Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 06:02 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,525 times

Advertisements

I am soooo glad to hear that Dr. Tiller is unable to kill any more innocent babies. Does anyone know what they do during a late term abortion? They birth the head of the baby and jab an instrument into the brain stem and suck out the contents. This doctor has performed this procedure since 1973. Good riddance to him!

My other comment is about the sorry Reformation Lutheran Church and it's congregation that allowed this man to be an USHER! The whole church is condemned spiritually because they have allowed this man to serve in a spiritual capacity knowing what he did for a living. His blood tithe paid the pastors salary, funded the building as well as other things I am sure.

This is what is wrong with the church today and why so many people are uninterested in it because the life of the church is fading fast. Jesus has removed his lampstand in many of these churches and all that is left is dry bones, clouds without water, wolves in sheep's clothing, salt that has been trampled under foot. Christians need to wake up and start speaking out against these atrocities that are so readily evident to everyone but themselves! How can we minister to people and ask them to convert to our religion when it so full of foul smelling garbage like Tiller?

And not just speaking out but demanding the removal of anything and everything that stains the church. Come of out Babylon people!

Old 05-31-2009, 06:10 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
I am soooo glad to hear that Dr. Tiller is unable to kill any more innocent babies. Does anyone know what they do during a late term abortion? They birth the head of the baby and jab an instrument into the brain stem and suck out the contents. This doctor has performed this procedure since 1973. Good riddance to him!

My other comment is about the sorry Reformation Lutheran Church and it's congregation that allowed this man to be an USHER! The whole church is condemned spiritually because they have allowed this man to serve in a spiritual capacity knowing what he did for a living. His blood tithe paid the pastors salary, funded the building as well as other things I am sure.

This is what is wrong with the church today and why so many people are uninterested in it because the life of the church is fading fast. Jesus has removed his lampstand in many of these churches and all that is left is dry bones, clouds without water, wolves in sheep's clothing, salt that has been trampled under foot. Christians need to wake up and start speaking out against these atrocities that are so readily evident to everyone but themselves! How can we minister to people and ask them to convert to our religion when it so full of foul smelling garbage like Tiller?

And not just speaking out but demanding the removal of anything and everything that stains the church. Come of out Babylon people!
I agree with you totally. I am not one to condone murder but Teller killed thousands of children just to make a dollar. The operation which he used to killed children is so horrible I can't believe many people are in favor of it. Well he is dead. Lets make an effort to forget this evil man and thank God that the children he was going to kill maybe have a chance.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:17 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,867,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post

Aha, so this is some of that "ole fashioned Christer charity" I have heard so much about, the ole' "judge not lest ye be judged" the milk of human kindness from a religion that says to "love your enemies" the same one that claims to "forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us" , or "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" or is it, "forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors" WHATEVER!!!!!! It's all about not judging others and forgiveness, just like I have see thus far in this thread.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:18 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Aha, so this is some of that "ole fashioned Christer charity" I have heard so much about, the ole' "judge not lest ye be judged" the milk of human kindness from a religion that says to "love your enemies" the same one that claims to "forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us" , or "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" or is it, "forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors" WHATEVER!!!!!! It's all about not judging others and forgiveness, just like I have see thus far in this thread.
Well might is the arm of the Lord. Amen

Old 05-31-2009, 06:22 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
He was never found guilty of preforming late term abortions. Glad you are no one's judge or jury. I'm happy to live in a country that allows women to have choices. The doctor worked within the legal bounds of his profession but the person who killed him committed a crime. I hope justice will be served swiftly.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:39 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
He was never found guilty of preforming late term abortions. Glad you are no one's judge or jury. I'm happy to live in a country that allows women to have choices. The doctor worked within the legal bounds of his profession but the person who killed him committed a crime. I hope justice will be served swiftly.
I outright condemn the person that killed him. I want to get that out first. No matter how we feel about him, he didn't deserve to be gunned down.

Fact of the matter is, if he hadn't been doing the abortions he'd still be alive...assuming the motive was abortion-related. I haven't read any articles that confirm that.

Sad thing was, this scumbag was an usher in his church. What does that say about the church that they'd allow him to even be there on Sunday morning, much less serve in any capacity?

Old 05-31-2009, 06:48 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,611 times
When Yahweh kills thousands of infants, it okay, because those babies "are in heaven". This abortion doctor sends aborted babies to heaven and its an outrage.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:49 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
When Yahweh kills thousands of infants, it okay, cuz those babies "are in heaven". This abortion doctor does the same and its an outrage............
your point?

Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,816 times
No one, especially a professing Christian, has the right to end someone's life. It is not in our hands, but God's hands. The doctor would have been held accountable for his actions by the highest authority... the God he claimed he knew and loved. We, as professing Christians, should not revel in the death of this man. Yes, his actions go against what we believe and what God says, but still, show compassion for the family left behind. This action is nothing to celebrate. It's a sad situation all the way around and we should be praying for all involved.

"Judge not lest ye be judged" does apply in this case, as the context of that verse is directed to believers to hold other believers accountable. As the doctor was a professing Christian, it is within the right of other Christians to rebuke him and point out to him the error of his ways. While a church is indeed a place for sinners to come and repent, while the doctor continued in his practice of abortion (late term or otherwise) which goes against the God it appears he believed in, the church had no business appointing him to any service or ministry within the church.

If the doctor would have stopped his practice that goes against the God it appears he believed in, then the church could have appointed him to service or ministry. Yes, the church's behavior needs to be judged by other Christians in this situation because it appears the church itself is condoning the doctor's practice.

Forgiveness ... yes, this is also an important area. The killer needs forgiveness. The doctor needs forgiveness. They both committed sin against God.

Again, this is a sad situation all the way around. The doctor took innocent life that wasn't his to take. The killer took a life that wasn't theirs to take. This is nothing for the Christian community to be proud about. It is actions such as these that cause the world to look at Christianity with distain. If professing Christians can't hold to what God asks of us, how can we turn to unbelievers and expect them to accept the gospel? They see the hypocrisy many churchgoers do not.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:53 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
your point?
I think my point is obvious. Those here lauding the death of this doctor are the same ones who give praises to Yahweh, who is reported to have killed millions of infants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality