Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 12:07 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,354,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
new age religion occult earth religion and atheist and agnostic push their views all the time as "non religious" viewpoints. they wish to displace the status quo with their own views.
but to say they are non religious and have no agenda is simply a disguise. jerry falwell shows up in unexpected places.
See I am in fact a christian I do believe in God and Christ...I do not believe the bible to be the exact word or God or Christ. I think that the bible may have some truth to is but not complete truth. I think that man saw a way to force their views on others and put it in the law of the bible.

Do you think that the crusades where right? Those men surely thought they where doing the work of god by bringing the bible and their religion to other kingdoms. But if a kingdom denied them they where destroyed or conquered. This tradition has seemed to carry out throughout history because Christians still attempt to destroy or conquer by forcing their beliefs onto others.

If you believe homosexuality to be a sin, address the matter once make your opinion known and offer to help, if they deny it and say they do not think they are sinning...leave them alone. It is very clear that homosexuals do not see it as a sin...therefor you have no right to make them believe otherwise. They know how you feel and you know how they feel...if they one day think that they need your help they will come to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 12:47 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
So you know I was recently commanded by god to write a new set of books that is his word. I tells of a great war in the near future an holy war.

People simply made predictions, look at Nostradamus he made very vague predictions...now everyone is saying that they are coming true. Do you not think that by having a written prediction that some might actually work towards making that prediction happen?

Show me proof to back up the bible and that it is fact the word of God and not of man. I am not doubting gods existence, just that the bible was in fact written by man, even good men lie on occasion otherwise we would still be stoning people because some men infact would be free from sin.

Show me scientific proof not meer speculation or comparisons from history. Science has proven that homosexuality was in fact not a disease but it was natural. They used scientific facts to do this, they have evidance as well to prove this.
The predictions of the Bible are not vague. And the only ones who say they are, are those who have not taken the time to study, or consider them. Christians as far back as the 1600s wrote about the prophecies of the Bible, and they stated that before we would see the return of Jesus Christ, we would first see the Jewish people return to the land of Israel. They also stated that they would recapture Jerusalem, and their return would anger many nations around the world. The Book of Ezekiel speaks of their return in the latter days, and you can see this in chapters 37,38, and 39 of the Book of Ezekiel. The Bible does not use (SPECULATION). It factually tells you (THIS WILL HAPPEN). If this prophecy was a lie, it should not be happening. And do you think Hitler created the gas chambers to incourage the Jews to return to Israel to fulfill the prophecies of the Bible he did not believe in?

Old 06-08-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
See I am in fact a christian I do believe in God and Christ...I do not believe the bible to be the exact word or God or Christ. I think that the bible may have some truth to is but not complete truth. I think that man saw a way to force their views on others and put it in the law of the bible.

Do you think that the crusades where right? Those men surely thought they where doing the work of god by bringing the bible and their religion to other kingdoms. But if a kingdom denied them they where destroyed or conquered. This tradition has seemed to carry out throughout history because Christians still attempt to destroy or conquer by forcing their beliefs onto others.

If you believe homosexuality to be a sin, address the matter once make your opinion known and offer to help, if they deny it and say they do not think they are sinning...leave them alone. It is very clear that homosexuals do not see it as a sin...therefor you have no right to make them believe otherwise. They know how you feel and you know how they feel...if they one day think that they need your help they will come to you.
The crusades were defensive wars. And Europe only went to war after the Muslims had already burned down and destroyed 3,000 Christian churches, and killed hundreds of thousands of Christians. Muslims believed in spreading their faith by the sword, and had the Crusaders not gone to war, Europe would of been a fully Muslim continent today. And the Bible existed long before the Crusades, and the Crusaders only tried to take back the land that the Muslims had already stolen. And even today, you will see once Christian churches under Muslim control.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
So, instead of comparing homosexuality and black people getting married, you're comparing homosexuals to thieves, liars and murderers?

Right. Double-standard, anyone?
Actually it is the Bible that places them with murders. No double-standard, just Scripture.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:20 AM

Obviously there is no middle ground with you and your religion. And you are saying that the crusaders never did anything wrong? I think maybe you might want to read up on history outside of the bible...Science has proven that things in the bible actually occurd. However, science has also disproved things that happened in the bible. Also history is very clear that the crusades where not about good and evil. It was about power, and forcing those that did not believe in GOD to be destroyed.

Christians then and now are okay with destroying a culture if they do not believe in the bible. How is this OK.

I could really care less if the bible is true...It is a simple matter of morals that religious people who think Homosexuality is wrong also see other cultures that do not believe in God as bad and they feel that it is okay for them to be hurt becasue it is a punishment from God for not believing. I am sorry but the God I believe in will not see anyone as good and evil...Since everyone has sin in them and has sinned then we will all go to the same place. In the bible it clearly says that one sin is no worse than the other...and that we are to follow the laws of man. The laws in many states say that homosexual marriage is legal...yet religious people still fight against changing that law. Look at California, they legalized it and then religious groups in Utah and Arizona organized an out of state campaign to change the laws back. The law was there and the bible says to follow that law...However, Christians sought to change that law...Odd. So it is then okay to practice some parts of what the bible teaches but not others? Who is to choose which to follow and which to not. Since you say that the bible is law...then should it not be my right to then change the bible to fit my agenda?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:21 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,397,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Bible clearly states that certain sins would not be praticed by true believers in Christ. Murder was one, Audultery another, Homosexuality is another. Sodom and Gamora were destroyed because of the pratice of such sin, and these kinds of sins show open rebellion against God.

And I believe all those sins are related, the post where I stated it was not (I) who linked homosexuals together with murders ect. was simply the stated truth. It was the Bible.. It was the Bible that stated they were related. I agree with the Bible, yet it was not I who pushed that orginal belief. It was the Bible.
You need to actually READ your Bible instead of regurgitating church slogans, because what you are saying about references to homosexuality in the bible is just plain false. You DO know it wasn't written in English don't you?

Whenever I hear someone say that Sodom was destroyed because of homosexuality, I know they don't have a clue what they are talking about and probably haven't even read the story or any of the other verses that mention Sodom throughout the Bible. And they certainly don't know anything about the culture and laws of Abrahamic times.

Post all the verses you are referring to which supposedly condemn homosexuality (if you actually know which ones they are) and I'll show you what they mean in the original context of their whole chapters, the culture, the pagan religious practices, and the language of the time. Most of the handful of references to same-sex acts or roles, had to do with idolatrous practices in temples while worshipping pagan fertility gods.

Last edited by Ceist; 06-08-2009 at 02:36 AM..

Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Actually it is the Bible that places them with murders. No double-standard, just Scripture.
The word used in the verse you are referring to (do you actually KNOW which verse it is?) is "arsenokoites"- which does NOT mean "homosexuals" in the original Greek. The word was NEVER used to mean homosexuals in any of the secular writings of the time. None of the early Church fathers used that word to mean homosexuals either, or used the verse you are referring to in reference to homosexuals. It's only about 60 years ago that the word homosexuals was first used in an English translation.

As far as double standards go...Of COURSE it is a double standard!

When do you hear people condemning "fornicators" with the same ugly vehemance as "homosexuals"?

The word "fornicators" is right there in the same verse you are referring to.

By the way, "fornicators" is not an accurate translation of the original Greek word used either.

I really look forward to the day when the two NT verses in modern English translations that misuse the word "homosexuals", are correctly translated, so people who haven't got a clue can no longer point to them and claim "See? It's says homosexuals right there in plain English!"

What is bizarre is that one of those verses used to be used to condemn masturbators, not homosexuals. The word "homosexuals" was first used in an English translation in 1946 in the Revised Standard Version.

Most modern English versions have already corrected the mistranslation of the Hebrew word "qadesh" in two OT verses in Deuteronomy and Kings. It was incorrectly translated in the KJV as "sodomite" and has been correctly translated to the more accurate term "male temple prostitute".

I'm sure you have no idea what I am talking about do you?

However I'd be happy to point you to some works by Biblical scholars, historians and language experts, so you can educate yourself on this topic.

Last edited by Ceist; 06-08-2009 at 02:40 AM..

Old 06-08-2009, 02:17 AM

One must also realize that the bible was originally passed on generation to generation for a long time until it was finally written down. Thought any oral history things are often lost and and sometimes even added for the benefit of the those that tell the story.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:28 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,508,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The word used in the verse you are referring to (do you actually KNOW which verse it is?) is "arsenokoites"- which does NOT mean "homosexuals" in the original Greek.

To be fair, if there were ever a word that should mean homosexual, it would be "arsenokoites."

Old 06-08-2009, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
To be fair, if there were ever a word that should mean homosexual, it would be "arsenokoites."
*snort*.
It's not what it sounds like, but I get what you mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality