Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 12:57 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
It doesn't matter if god was angry, enjoyed those deaths or felt remorse , it's still inexcusable.

By what? Leaving him to grow up as an orphan? Sorry but I can't agree with this.

Wasn't that god's plan in the first place?

Anyways, I can understand people dying from old age, human error and simple bad luck but to have you tell me that god is actively murdering people just leads me to say that this god is not worth the worship.

Except those on the plane.
Murdering them! who flew the plane? Who flew the plane in 100 mph winds? Wasn't that bad luck for them to pick pilots that flew a plane in cross winds of 100 mph?
Man makes the mistake, God takes care of their mistake.

As I said before, My mother died of cancer when I was three and it was she who decided that all five of her children would go to the orphanage together. I have no resentment at all, because these things had to happen to me so that I would remember what was said to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 12:57 PM

71 posts, read 112,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
As far as the apocalypse goes it talks of an abomination of desolation where it ought not to be. And then you have the wars in Iraq, Afganistan, Pakistan and upheaval in Iran. Then you match that up with environmental degradation, earthquakes that have foamed up the sea,(Indonesia) great storms that have plagued the world and so forth.
Why does it have to be about the U.S. Never realized the prophecies in the bible were that vague!

Old 06-30-2009, 01:59 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
Quote:
Murdering them! who flew the plane? Who flew the plane in 100 mph winds? Wasn't that bad luck for them to pick pilots that flew a plane in cross winds of 100 mph?
Well there ya go, god had nothing to do with the plane crash and thus these events only help to make us believe even less in miracles.

Quote:
Man makes the mistake, God takes care of their mistake.
Except he hasn't in this case.

Quote:
As I said before, My mother died of cancer when I was three and it was she who decided that all five of her children would go to the orphanage together. I have no resentment at all, because these things had to happen to me so that I would remember what was said to me.
I still can't agree. With all this suffering, it simply tells me that the people who wish for miracles the most are more likely to believe in them.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Well there ya go, god had nothing to do with the plane crash and thus these events only help to make us believe even less in miracles.

Except he hasn't in this case.

I still can't agree. With all this suffering, it simply tells me that the people who wish for miracles the most are more likely to believe in them.

"Well there ya go, god had nothing to do with the plane crash and thus these events only help to make us believe even less in miracles."

Did not a five year old child survive the impossible?

"Except he hasn't in this case".
Are you afraid of death? do you think man should live forever on this planet?

I am My Father's Son. If My Mother did not pass away from this life then My Mother would have not been there with My Father in my experience, to comfort a child who did not know what was happening to Him. God knew that when He came to me, to show me the things to come, to awaken me, that in order to give greater faith, that for all who believe, life exist beyond the death of the flesh.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adryan View Post
Why does it have to be about the U.S. Never realized the prophecies in the bible were that vague!
The prophecies were not vague to me, but that is because My Father showed me these things to come.

As far as the United States, well, it was the United States that led the world for so many years and the United States was on the right path, until man used the teachings of Christ to gain power over men.

But, do not worry. For my country is the United States. My home, my daughters home/country and therefore it is fitting that God would awaken His Son to help put the United States back on the "right" path. And, to be sure, it is not just about the United States; Bin Laden, the Supreme leader in Iran, Pakistan and Afganistan and Israel. All use God's words to gain power over men. Although, in cases like Iran, the Taliban and Muslim nations that do not respect woman, it is also about Justice.

You have faith.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:58 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,115,978 times
Quote:
So another plane crashes in a stormy Indian Ocean with a 153 people on board and only a young boy of 5 years of age is found alive. And people don't believe in miracles or God or Jesus Christ!
You and God may have to eat your words on that magical number 5.
"Reports that a 5-year-old boy survived a jetliner crash in the Indian Ocean are now in question. "
Plane with 153 aboard crashes off Comoros - Washington Times

Old 06-30-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Did not a five year old child survive the impossible?
Oh yeah who cares if the other 152 people are dead. Lionpainter, this was no miracle. It was a horrific and traumatic event where a lot of people died.

Still waiting for that Dove btw.

Quote:
Are you afraid of death?
Very much indeed. We are all biologically predisposed to preserve our lives. Fear is that incentive which keeps us alive and anyone foolish enough to take lightly that feeling is incredibly likely to be involved with a fatal accident.

Quote:
do you think man should live forever on this planet?
Are you interested in my opinion or do you not agree that the bible indicates that Adam and Eve were meant to live forever?

Old 06-30-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah who cares if the other 152 people are dead. Lionpainter, this was no miracle. It was a horrific and traumatic event where a lot of people died.

Still waiting for that Dove btw.

Very much indeed. We are all biologically predisposed to preserve our lives. Fear is that incentive which keeps us alive and anyone foolish enough to take lightly that feeling is incredibly likely to be involved with a fatal accident.

Are you interested in my opinion or do you not agree that the bible indicates that Adam and Eve were meant to live forever?

Maybe a bump on the head would be better to get your attention.

I am not afraid of death!

Adam and Eve disobeyed God.

And I am interested in your opinion so that I can help you realize the truth about God.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Maybe a bump on the head would be better to get your attention.
It would at least be better than saying that at some point in the future, in a non-specified place, I will see a dove.

Quote:
And I am interested in your opinion so that I can help you realize the truth about God.
Miracles would convince me but the stuff you claim can't even be considered as predictions.

What will you predict next?

-In the future, I will see a dog and it will be alone
-In the future, I will get the flu
-At least one of the volcanoes in the following link will erupt at some point in the future [relate to current event]

Old 07-01-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
It would at least be better than saying that at some point in the future, in a non-specified place, I will see a dove.

Miracles would convince me but the stuff you claim can't even be considered as predictions.

What will you predict next?

-In the future, I will see a dog and it will be alone
-In the future, I will get the flu
-At least one of the volcanoes in the following link will erupt at some point in the future [relate to current event]
How's this for you Goose. A Great quake will hit Iran. As God is my witness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality