Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 06:46 AM

16,140 posts, read 6,886,261 times

Advertisements

The Big Bang : and the universe that was created from nothing.

As a human being my mind renders and reserves all imagery like a movie.
The entire movie is filled with constantly changing scenes.
In one of those scenes I have gone under anesthesia prior to an operation.
In another scene I loss consciousness during a pugilistic event.
Upon waking, daily life resumed scene by scene.
Those 2 moments however, shared something in common.
A void,a moment of darkness. No scene!
As if someone spliced out part of the movie.
Except I was fully aware of the events leading up to that splice in the movie.
That splice, that nothingness, that void had substance to me.
I have zero memory of what was happening behind the scenes during my operation
or being counted out in the ring but my doctor and referee filled in by adding another
scene in my life explaining the events that had just taken place during those voids.
In conclusion, as a human being, I can only wonder what was going on behind the
scenes prior to the Big Bang but the universe surely knows what lead up to the Big Bang
and the universe will one day reach out and explain to us the mystery in that void just like my doctor and referee did.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 11-12-2018 at 07:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 06:49 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,018,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

Except I was fully aware of that splice in the movie.
or being counted out in the ring.........................
So in conclusion, as a human being, I can only wonder what was going on behind the
scenes prior to the Big Bang.
Chemicals being chemicals?

Old 11-12-2018, 07:39 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,421,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
My Question is if God created all things...what created him...I am sorry but Nothing comes from nothing...
Hahahahah, this is a perfect example of humans (nothing personal to the poster)
thinking in a dualistic, 3rd dimensional, woefully limited way.
No concept of anything eternal, infinite, invisible beyond the teeny human imagination....outside of
this place's Physical Laws. Go team!

Old 11-12-2018, 09:11 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,354,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

Except I was fully aware of the events leading up to that splice in the movie.
or being counted out in the ring but my doctor and referee filled in by adding another
scene in my life explaining the events that had just taken place during those voids.
In conclusion, as a human being, I can only wonder what was going on behind the
scenes prior to the Big Bang but the universe surely knows what lead up to the Big Bang
and the universe will one day reach out and explain to us the mystery in that void just like my doctor and referee did.
The universe is made up of energy, because E=MC² (Matter is one of the forms that Energy takes). And since energy can neither be created or destroyed, it apparently has existed eternally, endlessly reforming itself. If the law of conservation of energy is inviolate (it's a LAW after all), then there has always existed something. No one created it.

Many people do not like this answer, because it implies that humans do not hold a special place in the universe. The answer to existence is whatever it is. Liking the answer is not a requirement.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:22 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,606,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The universe is made up of energy, because E=MC² (Matter is one of the forms that Energy takes). And since energy can neither be created or destroyed, it apparently has existed eternally, endlessly reforming itself. If the law of conservation of energy is inviolate (it's a LAW after all), then there has always existed something. No one created it.

Many people do not like this answer, because it implies that humans do not hold a special place in the universe. The answer to existence is whatever it is. Liking the answer is not a requirement.
its actually over stated a bit. we don't know if everything is conserved and everything lasted for ever.

But, if we do take your starting "if as the point, then its acceptable to state "life" came from "life".

life came from life ... so theist, and many atheist, are misunderstanding our relationship to the system we have.

but you are correct, many people don't like the answer that we are just part of a system better described as "insert the most valid claim we can have" and just ignore, change, and deny it. No matter how much less valid they are being.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:19 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,243,946 times
The genesis of life on Earth could be entirely separate from what created the universe.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:34 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,354,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle
its actually over stated a bit. we don't know if everything is conserved and everything lasted for ever.
Wikipedia
Conservation of energy.
In physics, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant, it is said to be conserved over time. This law means that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it can only be transformed or transferred from one form to another.

Above is the law of Conservation of energy. I didn't make it up, nor did I overstate it. It's one of the foundations of modern physics. It's a LAW, which indicates that it is considered inviolate. Is it really inviolate? Could we, at some point in the future, discover that there are variations to the law. Of course that is ALWAYS a possibility. But as it stands, the question is settled. Like it or not, "energy can neither be created nor destroyed." Which means that it is eternal.

The question has been answered. Those that for personal reasons prefer to make up a different answer and declare it to be true choose not to accept this answer. But the question HAS BEEN ANSWERED.

Quote:
But, if we do take your starting "if as the point, then its acceptable to state "life" came from "life".

life came from life ... so theist, and many atheist, are misunderstanding our relationship to the system we have.

Life comes from non life. How do we know that? Because life is composed of non living material. Scientists classify things as alive if they can carry out these 8 LIFE FUNCTIONS.

R- Respiration
R- Regulation
R- Reproduction
E- Excretion
G- Growth
N- Nutrition
T- Transport
S- Synthesis

The 8 Life Functions

Life is composed of four basic organic compounds; carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids. In between these simple organic compounds and the prokaryotes, the simplest form of true life (single celled bacteria) which are formed from these organic compounds, there is a stage known as protobiont.

Wikipedia
Protocell
A protocell (or protobiont) is a self-organized, endogenously ordered, spherical collection of lipids proposed as a stepping-stone to the origin of life.[1][2] A central question in evolution is how simple protocells first arose and how they could differ in reproductive output, thus enabling the accumulation of novel biological emergences over time, i.e. biological evolution. Although a functional protocell has not yet been achieved in a laboratory setting, the goal to understand the process appears well within reach.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocell

Biology Cabinet
Scientists think that the protobionts are the evolutionary precursors of prokaryotic cells. Protobionts may be originated as an array of microspheres of diverse organic and inorganic compounds enclosed by lipidic membranes. Proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, and other organic substances were the most important autocatalytic organic compounds. Water was a very important factor in the assembly of the protobionts' endoplasm. After this event, several microspheres could self-organize into organelles that were able to perform specific functions; for example, lysosomes, peroxisomes, vacuoles, etc.

Gradually, some segments of the external membrane would invaginate for forming membranous organelles, like endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi apparatus. First protobionts would not have a nucleus membrane (nuclear envelope); consequently, they could be identified like prokaryotes.
Protobiont

Rocks are composed of exactly the same protons, neutrons and electrons that living things are composed of. The protons, neutrons and electrons that make up rocks are interchangeable with the protons, neutrons and electrons that make up living things. Livings things, driven by quantum mechanics, have undergone a molecular process called organic chemistry. Quantum mechanics and organic chemistry are not intuitive or easy to understand however. It's certainly much easier to propose that voodoo and make believe did it all. Or to put it another way, ignorance is the easier path.

Quote:
but you are correct, many people don't like the answer that we are just part of a system better described as "insert the most valid claim we can have" and just ignore, change, and deny it. No matter how much less valid they are being.
Scientific principles are not created to make people feel all warm and fuzzy about their existence, this is true. Scientific principle have been painstakingly created by examining the evidence at hand, and then accepting what is observed at face value. So the people who do not like the evidence that has been presenting itself are faced with two choices: One is to go through the time and effort to learn, understand and accept what the evidence is telling us, so as to be eligible for the high paying scientifically based tech jobs. Or to make up answers they find personally satisfying, which in turns makes them only eligible for waiting on tables, and flipping burgers. Education is the pathway to higher paying jobs. Education is also proving to be the death knell for superstition and make believe, however.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:12 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,018,212 times
We've all seen life coming from non-life, and it's easily demonstrated.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:56 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,771,723 times
As is always the case, there has to be a hidden question - "can you prove that God didn't do it?" Otherwise it should be in the science section, not here.

And it is the usual answer.

We don't know - but we can make some suggestions, which is better than the Goddunnit -side can good, their miracle working deity simply making it Poof out of nothing. Which since matter cannot be created, is impossible. Unless you postulate a miracle.

And even if we had no hypothesis, that does not logically make Goddunnit the default hypothesis, though of course it is the obvious superstition that human beans would opt for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Ah yes, but God wrote the software! Otherwise it would be "Impossible".

Old 11-12-2018, 12:58 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,606,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
it is? just where do you see it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality