Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:54 PM

42 posts, read 80,152 times

Advertisements

Im a non believer, but im still very interested in theory's and beliefs. I was wondering if someone religious could tell me in there own opinion who created god, was god just always there, was he never created just always was? and if god was just always there, couldn't that mean that other things where always there. There had to of been something that just was and not created, or there would be nothing, even evolution, there had to of been "something" that created life. and the big bang, something had to of created the components of the big bang (if that happened)?

Pretty much this brings me personally to the conclusion, that there had to of been something at some point that just was, and was not created by anything. Maybe life as a whole just is? Im not sure what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 03:09 PM

598 posts, read 917,580 times
Who created God? People with evil desires.

Before God was created, there were evil desires to control others for own interests: make others pay for religion, make others go to war for own political interests ... naturally, God was created and passed on.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:14 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
The answer you will get from theists is that their god was not created by anything. They will say that he is and always was.... but when they ask you how the universe came to be and you say 'Why can't the universe always have been there...it is and always was', they will scoff and say 'What an idiotic thing to say. Nothing can always have been. Everything must have had a beginning'.

They are indeed strange creatures!!

Old 11-21-2009, 03:40 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,251,134 times
God said i created the universe.

the universe did not say any thing.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:55 PM

42 posts, read 80,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
God said i created the universe.

the universe did not say any thing.
When did he say that? Did you hear him yourself? please explain more, i try to learn about this stuff, and i always get just straight answers with no explanation, example "god is real study the bible" i couldn't care less that someone thinks the bible and god is real, i want to hear experiences why do you think that, what makes you feel that way? You cant tell me all the people that are religious, just decided to believe in god without experiences, proof evidence, anything? besides the bible which is a book of stories that can be vaguely interpreted differently by everyone.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:15 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
God has always been. God does not exist in time as we know it. God created everything that exists.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XVicariousX View Post
When did he say that? Did you hear him yourself? please explain more,.

he said it in his book the Quran

in the Qur’aan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six Days and nothing of fatigue touched Us”[Qaaf 50:38]

also in another verse

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘Do you verily disbelieve in Him Who created the earth in two Days? And you set up rivals (in worship) with Him? That is the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists).

He placed therein (i.e. the earth) firm mountains from above it, and He blessed it, and measured therein its sustenance (for its dwellers) in four Days equal (i.e. all these four ‘days’ were equal in the length of time) for all those who ask (about its creation).

Then He rose over (Istawa) towards the heaven when it was smoke, and said to it and to the earth: ‘Come both of you willingly or unwillingly.’ They both said: ‘We come willingly.’

Then He completed and finished from their creation (as) seven heavens in two Days and He made in each heaven its affair.

And We adorned the nearest (lowest) heaven with lamps (stars) to be an adornment as well as to guard (from the devils by using them as missiles against the devils).

Such is the Decree of Him, the All-Mighty, the All-Knower”
[Fussilat 41:9-12]

Old 11-21-2009, 06:27 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,747 times
I suppose God was the first and last self-conscious creative individual on Earth. That way he created Himself. But in between there is the Creation which I/we could have created for the God, but then I at least got lazy enough to reject that burden of Courageous responsibility. I believe that He takes over as all the dead self-consciousness's since He was the first to keep alowing me Him the Being the last. Glory Be....

Old 11-21-2009, 10:14 PM

Who created god?

not any normal person can answer this question.

the one who can answer this question is a prophet

and the prophet said

"Satan comes to one of you and says, 'Who created so-and-so? 'till he says,
'Who has created your Lord?' So,
when he inspires such a question, one should seek refuge with Allah and give up such thoughts."

Old 11-21-2009, 10:30 PM

392 posts, read 1,096,027 times
I'm not religious myself, but per my understanding of most major religions, God has always been. There was no creation or beginning of God. In some religions it also defines human incapability of understanding "no beginning and no ending." To us, we always see a start and an end.

Now if I were to believe there was a God, I would theorize, that God iis not a specific being, but rather all matter of the entire universe including dark matter. God would be everything that is in existence. Much in line with many Native belief systems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality