Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 04:38 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,106,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
if you dont believe in his existance, heavan or spiritual mansion i would say dont dump your condo.
I do believe in God and Lord Jesus Christ and I do believe Jesus has died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead, I try to be a good loving man towards everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 04:56 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I am aware that only my soul will be able to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, is Heaven really alot better than all of the best things that exist here on Earth?
You won't know it, Mopac. None of us knows. I wish my father came back and told me. But he is a consistent item in my dreams once a month. I dream of a parallel world where I'm a kid and he is in the house. Or I see him walking around in the house that I live in right now. Immediately after his death, I swear I saw him standing between the trees in the woody areas of Charlotte, back in Carolina, where I used to retreat and cry.

My brother once told me he dreamt he saw my Dad kneeling and begging before a white apparition to somehow keep his two sons and his wife fine. He mooted that he was talking to God.

Human soul is corrupted on earth because of the flesh surrounding it. When it leaves the body, the corruption and everything it knew when it was inside it is lost and cannot be remembered or retrieved. Noone can tell what heaven is, from here

Old 06-19-2009, 04:56 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,847 times
Mansions, palaces and tents in Paradise

There are mansions, palaces, flats, apartments, houses and tents in Paradise (or the kingdom of heavens):

according to their righteous work in the World,

and according to what they were familiar with of their houses: the bedwin prefer the tent: they see themselves like the imprisoned in the palace.

This is in the Quran 25: 10
تَبَارَكَ الَّذِي إِن شَاء جَعَلَ لَكَ خَيْرًا مِّن ذَلِكَ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ وَيَجْعَل لَّكَ قُصُورًا

The explanation:
(Blessed be [God's grace on you] Who, if He will, shall assign to you [Mohammed] better than that: gardens underneath which rivers flow, and shall assign to you palaces.)

And this aya 55: 72
حُورٌ مَّقْصُورَاتٌ فِي الْخِيَامِ ...الخ
The explanation:
(Whitish women that dwell in tents.
Which is it then, of the bounties of your Lord, that you both [: man-kind and demon-kind] deny?
Whom neither man nor genie [: demon] will have touched before them.)

And there are other ayat mentioning other kinds of houses and apartments and many-storey buildings.

Moreover, it is the soul that goes to Paradise (or the kingdom of heavens): the soul is the true man; it is a true copy of the body, and the soul is immortal and will live forever.

Man after Death_
Man after Death_

Old 06-19-2009, 05:08 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,027,922 times
The many mansions that Jesus was talking about are the mansion worlds. The place where your soul is fitted will be the mansion world you end up in. Hell, or the place of correction, is a mansion world. children who die early are in a mansion world. Drug abusers are in a mansion world. Killers are in a mansion world.
The house you design will be from your own thoughts.
What happens after you die and Divine Love is the main focus of what my "religion" is based on. Where you go, how you live, what you do, etc. Heaven is a HUGE place.
It's only up to us if our soul will live throughout all eternity. It can become nothing if we choose. There have been souls annhilated and exist no more. I've always wondered if Charles Manson will choose to cease to exist as he is the closest one to being in the position to choose not to although he still can be redeemed.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:09 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,652,178 times
He had bloody better do or I'll be demanding my money back.

Oh wait, I forgot, I'm not going am I. Oh well, looks like I'll be spending eternity in a shack surrounded by Deliverance hillbillies.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:26 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,761,076 times
I hope I don't go off - topic here. (Is there a scientific term for 'Pathological fear of Going off-topic'?) but this seems to be raising the question of 'If heaven, what is it like?' or even 'If an afterlife, what is it like?'

Someone mentioned that our 'souls' go to heaven. That presumably means an incorporeal spirit. but that gives the lie to the Bible and, specifically, Paul, who says that we become risen (either after death or at the Last Days - there seems some indecision about that) in a renewed incorruptible body. Whether that's an incorporeal one or not, I don't know. The risen Jesus is no guide because although he was solid, he still had a hole in his side.

So either we are a lot of souls basking in the ineffable glory of God like a bunch of hippies on a never-ending drug-trip (Hmm. The Bible doesn't quite explain that.) or we are sitting bored like Bob Hope as the 7th trumpet 10th rank waiting for our cue to toot, pling or twiddle in accompanying the eternal praises of the heavenly choir. Well, that could pall after the first eon.

So is it just sauntering around the golden pedestrianized walkways patting bambi on the head and greeting our bretheren in the name of the Lord? Well, what to do to pass the time. Do our one -clue crossword in the Heavenly Bugler "One word, three letters - Lord of all".

There's no giving or taking of marriage in heaven. Cool...everyone pile in. Not if the fulminations against S.I.N in the Bible are to be taken as God's view. No Sex in heaven, folks. Could you spell 'Heaven' again for me?

To sum up, heaven doesn't sound likely or feasible in any form that that I could stand for eternity in any form that is recognizable as Me. This God-club that I am expected to sign up to is very reticent in explaining just what we are being offered, just 'trust me, you don't want to miss it'.

A writer put it very well 'we are being put off our rights in this world in exchange for a blank cheque drawn on the bank of Heaven, the solvency of which we very much doubt.'

So no wonder we need a bit of stick in addition to the carrot. 'You may find heaven tedious, but, trust me, you want to avoid hell.'

So those Christians who try to solve the uncomfortable thing of a god who has created a range of ovens that would would have had Himmler weeping in envy by simply saying there isn't a hell, have removed most of the reason to even consider being a Christian.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:57 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,847 times
Mansions, houses and apartments in Paradise (or the ethereal heavens)/ 2

In addition, there is in the Quran, that some believers will be rewarded with some buildings that are more luxurious and better than palaces of the World.

This is in the aya 25: 75
أُوْلَئِكَ يُجْزَوْنَ الْغُرْفَةَ بِمَا صَبَرُوا وَيُلَقَّوْنَ فِيهَا تَحِيَّةً وَسَلَامًا

The explanation:
(These [righteous servants of God] will be rewarded with a most beautiful building [in Paradise] because they endured patiently,

and they will meet therein with greeting [of the angels] and the word of "Peace" [to each other].)

And in another aya 39: 20 some many-storey buildings are mentioned:
لَكِنِ الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا رَبَّهُمْ لَهُمْ غُرَفٌ مِّن فَوْقِهَا غُرَفٌ مَّبْنِيَّةٌ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ وَعْدَ اللَّهِ لَا يُخْلِفُ اللَّهُ الْمِيعَادَ

The explanation:
(But for those, who ward off [the punishment of] their Lord, will be lofty blocks of flats [in Paradise] built in layers one above another, below which rivers will flow;

a promise of God [is this]; surely God will never fail the promise.)
---------------------------------------------------

Therefore, if one has such a beautiful villa on the bank of a river, with gardens of fruits and palm trees with the birds singing there, and with his righteous wives, sons and parents (if they are righteous monotheists devoting to God alone) and the wine, the milk, the honey and all kinds of prosperity; and prior to everything else: the good-pleasure of God Most Gracious; will anyone in such prosperity desire to leave?

This is in the Quran 18: 107-108
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ كَانَتْ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتُ الْفِرْدَوْسِ نُزُلًا . خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا لَا يَبْغُونَ عَنْهَا حِوَلًا

The explanation:
(Those who believe and work righteous [works]; there will be for them the Gardens of 'Paradise' (: 'the broken trees of the World.)

They will be dwelling therein forever, and they will desire no transmission therefrom.)

followed the straight path and t (http://man-after-death.t35.com/2.htm#Paradise_(or_the_Garden - broken link))_

ÕÃÃÉ ÃŒÃíÃÉ 1

Last edited by eanassir; 06-19-2009 at 06:32 AM..

Old 06-19-2009, 08:16 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,925,342 times
Default "Praise Allah!"

Man... life in a tent in the constant wind and heat of the desert has had quite an effect on the dreams and religious goals of those of the Muslim faith, huh? No wonder they sacrifice themselves so willingly for those 72 "virgins"! Anything to get in outa that sun!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:27 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Man... life in a tent in the constant wind and heat of the desert has had quite an effect on the dreams and religious goals of those of the Muslim faith, huh? No wonder they sacrifice themselves so willingly for those 72 "virgins"! Anything to get in outa that sun!
Don't tell me if you are offered 72 virgins in a harem and 72 rifles, you'll pick the rifles

Old 06-19-2009, 10:50 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,442,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I hope I don't go off - topic here. (Is there a scientific term for 'Pathological fear of Going off-topic'?) but this seems to be raising the question of 'If heaven, what is it like?' or even 'If an afterlife, what is it like?'

Someone mentioned that our 'souls' go to heaven. That presumably means an incorporeal spirit. but that gives the lie to the Bible and, specifically, Paul, who says that we become risen (either after death or at the Last Days - there seems some indecision about that) in a renewed incorruptible body. Whether that's an incorporeal one or not, I don't know. The risen Jesus is no guide because although he was solid, he still had a hole in his side.

So either we are a lot of souls basking in the ineffable glory of God like a bunch of hippies on a never-ending drug-trip (Hmm. The Bible doesn't quite explain that.) or we are sitting bored like Bob Hope as the 7th trumpet 10th rank waiting for our cue to toot, pling or twiddle in accompanying the eternal praises of the heavenly choir. Well, that could pall after the first eon.

So is it just sauntering around the golden pedestrianized walkways patting bambi on the head and greeting our bretheren in the name of the Lord? Well, what to do to pass the time. Do our one -clue crossword in the Heavenly Bugler "One word, three letters - Lord of all".

There's no giving or taking of marriage in heaven. Cool...everyone pile in. Not if the fulminations against S.I.N in the Bible are to be taken as God's view. No Sex in heaven, folks. Could you spell 'Heaven' again for me?

To sum up, heaven doesn't sound likely or feasible in any form that that I could stand for eternity in any form that is recognizable as Me. This God-club that I am expected to sign up to is very reticent in explaining just what we are being offered, just 'trust me, you don't want to miss it'.

A writer put it very well 'we are being put off our rights in this world in exchange for a blank cheque drawn on the bank of Heaven, the solvency of which we very much doubt.'

So no wonder we need a bit of stick in addition to the carrot. 'You may find heaven tedious, but, trust me, you want to avoid hell.'

So those Christians who try to solve the uncomfortable thing of a god who has created a range of ovens that would would have had Himmler weeping in envy by simply saying there isn't a hell, have removed most of the reason to even consider being a Christian.
The bible is clear about heaven but you have to acually read the book.

To keep it simple, I have been to heaven and it is heaven. There are many misconceptions of the place and you have hit quite a few.

First let me say that hell was created for Satan and his angels. God's desire is that no one ends up there, but if you reject the son of God, Jesus Christ, there is no where else for you to go.

Heaven has mansions, but they are not like the homes we have here. They are made, from what I could tell, by other people who have gone to heaven. They make them out of love for the person they are intended. They are not large or lavish. Many of the things that we value are valueless in heaven. The are very comfortable.

Heaven looks like earth, in that there are trees and mountains and grass, etc..., but it is perfect in everyway.

The best thing about heaven is the perfect peace you feel. I can only describe it like the feeling after you just ate a huge thanksgiving dinner, had a back massage and just got out of the hot tub. You are relaxed and full of peace and joy. You just don't care if you stand or sit or even move for that matter. But, you are not drugged up or feel disconnected or anything like that. You feel like yourself. You remember everything that you ever thought or experienced.

In heaven everyone is full of joy. When you come up to someone they are happy you came to join them. When you leave they are happy that you are going to do whatever it is you are going to do.

There are many things to do in heaven, in fact you could spend eternity doing all that there is to do.

The best thing about heaven is that God is there.

Heaven is only one of the places of final rest. Currently any one who dies either goes to heaven or hell. After Jesus Christs return, There will be four places, Heaven, Hell, New Jerusalem or the Lake of Fire (Hell gets cast in here). After Jesus' return we will receive a new body. This is what Paul was refering to. This is also the same thing that Martha was refering to when Jesus asked her about Lazarus coming to life. This is called the resurrection. So, just like Jesus was resurected from the dead all believers will be resurrected from the dead upon his return, or given a new body if they are currently alive.

So, to keep it simple, spirits now in heaven (appart from Jesus Christ who has a body and Elijah and Enoch and those saints who rose from the dead after Christ was crucified). Later all will receive a new body, both living and those who are dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality