Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
So then at all these MLB games, like Mets and Yankee games, the only ones who stand respectfully when they play "God Bless America" during the 7th inning stretch are all non-atheists??? I don't think so... In fact, I know many atheists who stand there respectfully.

I find it hard to believe those of you who claim that you have never heard an atheist use "God" at all. They certainly use it to swear, and I know plenty of radical-right Republican atheists who love to use "God bless" and "God bless America".

I guess I should have known better than to expect realistic answers here, though...
The last time I went to a baseball game (my parents have box seats at Angel Stadium) we all stood up out of respect for those around us. I also stood up during the pledge of Alligience at school, but didnt put my hand on my heart or say the words because I don't like the 'Under god' part. I stood in respect for my teacher and fellow students, and that was it.

You asked for our opinions and experiences and are now saying that they're not true?? How would you know? I live with two Atheists (fiancee and sister), and my mother and grandmother and the vast majority of my friends are Atheists... you dont' think I'd notice what they said and how they said it? Maybe it's slipped a time or two but god is not used often or even enough to be a blip on my radar with my friends and family.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If the word God offends you then I will be happy to take your money so you won't need to see the word and carry it around with you all the time. Just let me know and I will set up a bank account you can send it to. LOL

It's not my fault it was put on our money. I would prefer our money go back to where it was prior to the red scare of the late 50s. I would also like 'Under god' to be removed from the Pledge of Alligience. Personal opinion, that's all.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:48 PM

147 posts, read 312,804 times
Its ironic that "under God" was not originally in the pledge.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:30 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,201 times

Simply:

CLOSED.

Last edited by june 7th; 06-23-2009 at 07:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality