Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:33 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,521,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
It is our soul that is in His image, not our bodies. We must be born again to enter the Kingdom of Heaven and not because of Adam and Eve. No one on earth right now is fitted for that Kingdom. We must be born again of spirit and our soul attributes to become like God again. Adam and Eve were never like God, only image of GOd.

Sounds like God was out to trip up Adamandeve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 04:43 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,029,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Sounds like God was out to trip up Adamandeve.
Naw, they did it to themselves. They realized what they had done as soon as the deed was done. God loved them even though they chose a different path, as we all are doing. We all have the same chance that they had but the majority of folks still don't want to take it.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,951,786 times
Quote:
It is our soul that is in His image, not our bodies. We must be born again to enter the Kingdom of Heaven and not because of Adam and Eve. No one on earth right now is fitted for that Kingdom. We must be born again of spirit and our soul attributes to become like God again. Adam and Eve were never like God, only image of GOd.
God has a holy image, and so did Adam & Eve. But, it was lost because of sin. That holy image must be restored through Jesus. Ye must be born again.

(Colossians 3:9-10) ...seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

(Ephesians 4:24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

(Isaiah 35:8) And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

Without holiness, no man shall see the Lord. Holiness is God's image.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God has a holy image, and so did Adam & Eve. But, it was lost because of sin. That holy image must be restored through Jesus. Ye must be born again.

(Colossians 3:9-10) ...seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

(Ephesians 4:24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

(Isaiah 35:8) And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

Without holiness, no man shall see the Lord. Holiness is God's image.
Love is God's image and, in order to see God and be in His presence, we must return to that Divine Love, in which Jesus restored. It is what redeems a man from sin. It works from the inside out and restores to the likeness of God and not just image. We will then have all the attributes, however, we will never become God or Gods. Divine Love is the narrow gate.

Adam and Eve were perfect in their creation. Perfect in NATURAL love. They had the OPPORTUNITY to become Divine, however, in their pride and hurry to become Divine and as God's likeness, they lost it and the ability to receive it. It was not restored until Jesus, in this way, He is the Way, the Truth and the Light.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:32 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,951,786 times
Quote:
Love is God's image and, in order to see God and be in His presence, we must return to that Divine Love, in which Jesus restored. It is what redeems a man from sin. It works from the inside out and restores to the likeness of God and not just image. We will then have all the attributes, however, we will never become God or Gods. Divine Love is the narrow gate.

Adam and Eve were perfect in their creation. Perfect in NATURAL love. They had the OPPORTUNITY to become Divine, however, in their pride and hurry to become Divine and as God's likeness, they lost it and the ability to receive it. It was not restored until Jesus, in this way, He is the Way, the Truth and the Light.
God is indeed love; but, are you denying that we must be recreated into holiness?

Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God is indeed love; but, are you denying that we must be recreated into holiness?
No, not at all. The "recreation" is at the soul level and not the material.

I'll try to explain it as short as possible.

When you ask God for His substance, Divine Love, He will send it to you via the Holy Spirit if asked in all honesty and sincerity. As the Love is filling your soul, it eliminates the sins. After the sins have gone and have been overridden with Divine Love and are no more, Divine Love then works to eradicate the inclination to sin. No more thinking negative, no judgement, no disease, everything that is not in harmony with God is eradicated and the soul is then pure again and you are then At-One with God with all of His attributes. You are again fully Divine, as Jesus became while on earth. That is why He was able to heal and do miracles. His "energy" or soul, was syncronized with God's "energy" or soul. He was the first human to do that since the first parents lost the chance to accept it.

After I received this Love in the beginning, I could really see a difference in my attitude and the things I once did that were out of harmony, I had no inclination to do them ever again and I was at peace with myself. I do still smoke and the angels and God understand that my past is very hard to deal with on some levels. I was abused mentally, physically and sexually. The understand that even though I have overcome most of it, I cannot overcome all of it on earth because it was a traumatic experience. If I die and that is my only sin, I'm doing better than most of the world. I pray for this love several times a day and have been for quite a few years.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:36 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times
I just love it when theists start arguing about what the Bible means.

'In His own image' has, rather like the Flood account, got more puzzling, diffuse and unbelievable as it has gone on. The flood worked in the mesopotamian plain but not so well in the bigger world and not at all today.

'Made in own image' made sense when YHWH was a big man living on top of the sky dome and making men that looked like him. It made less sense when people began to wonder what he looked like if he couldn't be seen and now it has to be in His image as love, or goodness or intelligence or something equally vague.

The original question was, in whose image were the animals made? As another poster pointed out, the Bible doesn't say the animals were made in anyone's image. As theists will, satified that the question has been answered, he will think no further, but the question really implies, if they were not made in anyone's image, why do they look the way they do?

Why does man have four legs, hair, a stomach, brain and a similar reproductive system? Why does man share so many of the same emotions and instincts of animals? And why do animals die like man?

The Bible doesn't answer these questions and so the believer doesn't think about them. Yet he should. If we die because Adam disobeyed then why do animals die? They don't know the difference between good and evil in either the Genesis - literal way or in any metaphorical/symbolic way that a theist apologist might think up.

It doesn't make any sense in any Biblical way. It only makes sense in terms of evolution. We are animals. We look like animals. We behave like animals. We live, eat, reproduce and die like animals. We ARE animals. We and animals are made in the same image and that is, evolved life.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 06-27-2009 at 06:53 AM..

Old 06-27-2009, 07:19 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,876,326 times
In reading this thread, I am absolutely astonished with the variety of really odd stuff that some people believe. Also, souls?????? am not sure exactly what constitutes a "soul" but, if it is an attribute, I would doubt that most people who are owned by a dog or cat would deny the existence of this "thing" in their animals. My critters have shown more intelligence, compassion, loyalty and humor than a lot of people I have known.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:58 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times
Quite so, and thanks for the headsup, Dusty.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:19 AM

6,963 posts, read 6,895,568 times
I am constantly amazed by the fundamental differences in people's beliefs.

As soon as an idea/thought/image goes from one persons head to another, there will be some differences.

Why not everyone accept that all expressions of God are valid and be tolerant of others beliefs? Limiting a creator is a very human characteristic as is putting our own interpretation on what someone else (God) meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality