Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 09:00 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Does the Bible state that they are created in anyone's image? I'm not aware that it does.

KDbrich, that wasn't YOU on the opposite platform in the Montreal Metro station?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 09:50 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
GergenCountyJohnny wrote:
Quote:
So, then do you believe that killing an animal is as criminal as killing a human being? Do you share the arrogance that you claim exists behind such a belief?
I don't necessarily see a correlation between my statement that I believed that mankind invented God and your question. Of course I don't think killing a cow would be a criminal act that could be compared with killing a human being. When I referred to human arrogance I was suggesting that I find it to be arrogant to accept the belief that a God created all of nature for man to dominate. By that I'm saying that I believe we should see ourselves as a part of nature and that we should live in harmony with nature as opposed to imagining ourselves to be in a separate category above nature.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:55 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Is that NATURE as the health of the Jews would have it, or is that Nature for the Natural World as the abstract totality distinct from anything we were up to this point talking about?

Are animals ever judged to be Healthy for themselves as a Veterinarian would seem them, anyway?

How; too late does this ine come down as ther nature in the replicating Computer?

Old 06-25-2009, 10:13 AM

222 posts, read 581,033 times
DNA/RNA research show that we are related with all animals on the planet more or less.
We are more related to mammals, and less related to fish, and less related to amoeba, but still related.
So from Creationist point of view (i'm guessing) all animals just mistakes when God tried to create human. But God don't do mistakes, he does everything right from the first attempt, lol. May be lazy God created amoeba, and we all just evolved from it, so He can rest?

Old 06-25-2009, 11:02 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,160 times
In his image - back pains and all

Old 06-25-2009, 02:04 PM

222 posts, read 581,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
In his image - back pains and all
back pain as well as many backbone issues and flat feet issues we got because human walk vertically, but not horizontally like our predecessors primates and other mammals. Basically back pain is another prove of Evolution and disprove of Creation.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:11 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
whos image are animals created in?

Just a random thought came to me, had to ask....

God dropped a vial of algae in a primordial pond and just waited a couple billion years to see what happened. I guess God is a mad scientist...

Old 06-25-2009, 02:18 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
whos image are animals created in?

Just a random thought came to me, had to ask....
We are not created in God's image. Adam & Eve were created in God's holy image, but not us; that is why we must be born again.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:07 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
We are not created in God's image. Adam & Eve were created in God's holy image, but not us; that is why we must be born again.
It is our soul that is in His image, not our bodies. We must be born again to enter the Kingdom of Heaven and not because of Adam and Eve. No one on earth right now is fitted for that Kingdom. We must be born again of spirit and our soul attributes to become like God again. Adam and Eve were never like God, only image of GOd.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:31 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Default They are living beings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
So, then do you believe that killing an animal is as criminal as killing a human being? Do you share the arrogance that you claim exists behind such a belief?

I hope you arent one of those people who believe because an animal isnt human, anything can be done to it.

Of course they arent human, but that doesnt make them not feel pain, fear, contentment, care for their young. Why not respect that, as they are living beings too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality