Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 10:46 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, I don't have a clue of what you are saying, somebody asked about wormwood, about the bitter waters and this is to do with the cup a woman must drink if her husband suspects her of committing adultery, the cup is filled with her adultery.

Jesus had to drink that cup in order to take on the sins of the world and their adultery against God.
Read it again. You are probably just not aware about Messianic prophecies form ancient Jewish (or O.T.) scriptures. It is found in Isaiah 51 and Jeremiah 25.

The cup of adultery ritual is just so women don't make their husbands hate them enough to be scared to be poisoned by the cup.

Jesus had to pass on the cup to the Gentiles, that Jews may be served by them and all gentile Nations bow to Israel; which is also a prophecy in the O.T. that the Last Messiah is supposed to fulfill.

No one married God, so there was no adultery to be found, the guilt is always wholly upon the god, the one with the greatest power and responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 05:17 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Read it again. You are probably just not aware about Messianic prophecies form ancient Jewish (or O.T.) scriptures. It is found in Isaiah 51 and Jeremiah 25.

The cup of adultery ritual is just so women don't make their husbands hate them enough to be scared to be poisoned by the cup.

Jesus had to pass on the cup to the Gentiles, that Jews may be served by them and all gentile Nations bow to Israel; which is also a prophecy in the O.T. that the Last Messiah is supposed to fulfill.

No one married God, so there was no adultery to be found, the guilt is always wholly upon the god, the one with the greatest power and responsibility.
Yeah, thanks for those scriptures, sent me into reading for a long time. I spend a great deal of time trying to figure out what all the cups are because there are differences and we see a great deal about the cups in Passover and what they mean and then there is the wine harvest at the feast of Tabernacles when the nations drink that cup of wine, when God steps inside their vats to crush the grapes I suppose.

I tend to mix Passover with the feast of Tabernacles because they are the same day and we don't see wine rituals at Pentecost like we do at Sukkot and Pesach. I am still trying to figure out what the differences is in the cup that the nations much drink and the cup of wrath filled with wine because they seem to parallel each other and I just haven't got it in my mind right.

But let me ask you a question.

Should the nations of the world gather the wealth of the world to put at the feet of Israel?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 05-11-2016 at 05:26 PM..

Old 05-11-2016, 10:28 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, thanks for those scriptures, sent me into reading for a long time. I spend a great deal of time trying to figure out what all the cups are because there are differences and we see a great deal about the cups in Passover and what they mean and then there is the wine harvest at the feast of Tabernacles when the nations drink that cup of wine, when God steps inside their vats to crush the grapes I suppose.
Oh yeah, there are a lot of cups. Although I think my view of the adulterous cup is right, otherwise adultery would be more out-right mentioned and Jesus would have to do something that ties him more with adultery (forgiving the adulterous story was not included in the oldest manuscripts we have, nor quoted until after the manuscripts we do have that include that story). People back then were probably obsessed with cups back then, it must have been as precious to them as our cell-phones or iPads today.
Quote:

I tend to mix Passover with the feast of Tabernacles because they are the same day and we don't see wine rituals at Pentecost like we do at Sukkot and Pesach. I am still trying to figure out what the differences is in the cup that the nations much drink and the cup of wrath filled with wine because they seem to parallel each other and I just haven't got it in my mind right.
I always interpret it based on the hate for other nations that a lot of the more conservative prophets had [sort of like Catholicsm getting "new flavors" from Popes which from from colleges of Bishops: there were a lot of prophet candidates from the lower castes that "worked" with prophecy and if any got anything wrong because it was too detailed or something they were put to death, the prophets that ended up not getting anything wrong their whole life (and being loved by the royalty or people) would get their books included as more authoritative canon)].
Quote:

But let me ask you a question.

Should the nations of the world gather the wealth of the world to put at the feet of Israel?
Sure why not? It would probably cause immediate inflation and an economic crash in Israel though. Although technically the prophecies would call for more peaceful endeavors and less outright pandering. More of a bow of respect and acknowledgement of betterment, then a bow of idiocy and vassal-ship, I do believe.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:25 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post

Sure why not? It would probably cause immediate inflation and an economic crash in Israel though. Although technically the prophecies would call for more peaceful endeavors and less outright pandering. More of a bow of respect and acknowledgement of betterment, then a bow of idiocy and vassal-ship, I do believe.
I would tell people that it is up to them to bring a covenant because the covenant has been broken, the brotherhood broken between gentile and Jew and what those 5 foolish virgins lack is that they did not fix the covenant. The wise virgins obtain an extra vessel{a person} and they buy the oil with literally spending time and money buying that oil. For this, they have fixed the covenant and have received an anointing.

Isaiah 66

The vessel and the oil, the offering of a gentile is a Jew, that is, if the gentile officiates a priesthood through the offering of a Jew, well then God will see them as priests because they fixed the brotherhood, and if God sees you as his priest, he will certainly anoint his priests to learn, and thus you have bought the oil, and you have brought an offering in a clean vessel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality