Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 05:38 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,652 times

Advertisements

whos image are animals created in?

Just a random thought came to me, had to ask....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 05:44 PM

147 posts, read 312,849 times
Image of a random number generator.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:54 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
I believe that we are created in His image, but MY view of "image" does not match a lot of people's.

I'm an artist, and I draw many things in the image in my mind. . . imagination! Intelligent Design ~ or whatever the hell people want to call it ~ was Someone's intricate imaginary masterpiece. 'Image' does not solely mean a copy or reproduction, but a vision.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:15 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
I believe that we are created in His image, but MY view of "image" does not match a lot of people's.

I'm an artist, and I draw many things in the image in my mind. . . imagination! Intelligent Design ~ or whatever the hell people want to call it ~ was Someone's intricate imaginary masterpiece. 'Image' does not solely mean a copy or reproduction, but a vision.
I can agree with "vision" part, but we're speaking of something different here. I have an unhealthy need to know what exactly god envisioned when he created the Blobfish or bloodsucking Bat?

Old 06-24-2009, 06:26 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
I believe that man created God is his image in order to explain things that he didn't understand. There's also a certain amount of arrogance in this way of thinking. Man has put himself up on a pedestal above all of nature and imagines himself as the master of the world. The emotional descriptions of God by believers seem to describe an invisible being that is very similiar to human beings because it has emotions, love, hatred, and all of the other qualities that we attribute to mankind.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,787,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I believe that man created God is his image in order to explain things that he didn't understand. There's also a certain amount of arrogance in this way of thinking. Man has put himself up on a pedestal above all of nature and imagines himself as the master of the world. The emotional descriptions of God by believers seem to describe an invisible being that is very similiar to human beings because it has emotions, love, hatred, and all of the other qualities that we attribute to mankind.
So, then do you believe that killing an animal is as criminal as killing a human being? Do you share the arrogance that you claim exists behind such a belief?

Old 06-25-2009, 03:41 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
People believe that God man man in his own image because they want to justify destroying everything that moves and most of that doesn't. When it comes down to it, no-one knows what God did, does, or doesn't do, so it is all made-up anyway.

Yes, no-one has the right to kill anything if you believe that God made everything, do they?

Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Since animals don't have souls, only spirits, they aren't created in the image of anything. They are original artworks of God so that we can interact with them on our playground called earth. I hear there are some pretty nifty animals in heaven. Some we cannot imagine!

Old 06-25-2009, 05:54 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times
It's sad that most of the world did not believe that animals had feelings or should get rights until a few centuries ago and some still don't.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:56 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
whos image are animals created in?

Just a random thought came to me, had to ask....

Does the Bible state that they are created in anyone's image? I'm not aware that it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality