Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:34 AM

275 posts, read 688,328 times

Advertisements

How on earth will you be an atheist today? During this time when science itself is discovering the unexplainable. Why would our consciousness spontaneously happen, the organize planets that orbit around the stars, then the solar systems are orbiting and so is our galaxies, like something caused it to happen.

Why would we ourselves be an accident, when our thoughts operate as antennas generating at different frequencies, why is there the law of gravity and the polarities of atoms.

Scientist can't even create life but you still believe we spontaneously happen, life gives life i thought you knew

i thought you knew wisdom comes from the higher source, Truly our complex brain has receptors that generate thought in a form of frequency, we create our days through our thoughts and if we getting bad luck we cannot blame God but us. There is a God in charge of the universal laws the an accident cannot govern itself.

There is a cause for a everything, there is a reason why our bodies have red blood cells, white blood cells and non are an accident and that counts for this universe, The cause was not accidental but has reasons of all reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 11:54 AM

112 posts, read 128,238 times
All of the examples you posted can be explained reasonably with science. For example, the planets and galaxies orbit because of gravity. Gravity is a theory just like evolution though, so we know that isn't possible. Relating to the creation of life, scientists have proved that if you take amino acids (the building blocks of cells and therefore life) and electrically charge them, simple organsims can be the byproduct under certain conditions. From there atheists usually believe evolution took its course over millions of years and created newer and more complex organisms to adapt and thrive in their surroundings. Again as another example, we have red and white blood cells to transport oxygen and fight foreign invaders. If these adaptions weren't created, our species wouldn't survive against microorganisms and would die out instantaniously.
The point I think you are trying to get to is that science can't explain everything, which is absolutey true. Although, why jump to the notion that life itself is supernatural because science cannot yet answer some questions about the reason of the Universe?

Last edited by "Progressive" Liberal; 06-29-2009 at 12:06 PM..

Old 06-29-2009, 12:31 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,508,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
How on earth will you be an atheist today? During this time when science itself is discovering the unexplainable. Why would our consciousness spontaneously happen, the organize planets that orbit around the stars, then the solar systems are orbiting and so is our galaxies, like something caused it to happen.

Why would we ourselves be an accident, when our thoughts operate as antennas generating at different frequencies, why is there the law of gravity and the polarities of atoms.

Scientist can't even create life but you still believe we spontaneously happen, life gives life i thought you knew

i thought you knew wisdom comes from the higher source, Truly our complex brain has receptors that generate thought in a form of frequency, we create our days through our thoughts and if we getting bad luck we cannot blame God but us. There is a God in charge of the universal laws the an accident cannot govern itself.

There is a cause for a everything, there is a reason why our bodies have red blood cells, white blood cells and non are an accident and that counts for this universe, The cause was not accidental but has reasons of all reason
If your post is any indication of your understanding of science, I can see why you need to ascribe the wonders of the natural world to the acts of a supernatural deity.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:10 PM

131 posts, read 214,978 times
How on earth will you be an atheist today?

Of the 100,000 gods that have been created by man, how can you believe in yours?

During this time when science itself is discovering the unexplainable. Why would our consciousness spontaneously happen, the organize planets that orbit around the stars, then the solar systems are orbiting and so is our galaxies, like something caused it to happen.

Yet you believe that an invisible fairy farted, and the universe appeared?

I am not aware that our thoughts generate frequencies. And how do you know about the law of gravity, and polarity of atoms, I do not believe that either is mentioned in the bible.

Because we do not fully understand how all the biological processes yet, we have only been seriously trying to understand it for 100 years or so. Creatung life without fully understanding how it all works, would be a perfect example of magic, not science.

Sorry, I really dont understand any of that statement, you seem to be rambeling.

There is a reason for everything, almost all of it is unplanned, so to me that means that it is accidental.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:36 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,944,451 times
I am an atheist today because God created me this way.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:46 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,029,803 times
I am an atheist because of rational thinking.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:06 PM

33,623 posts, read 37,274,218 times
I'm not gullible enough to be anything else.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:17 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,948,503 times
I'm too humble not to be an atheist.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:41 PM

222 posts, read 582,448 times
Default Chemist Shows How RNA Can Be the Starting Point for Life

Quote:
How on earth will you be an atheist today? During this time when science itself is discovering the unexplainable.
Did they told you this in the Church? What exactly is unexplainable? Or you are looking for easy (and lame) explanation: "Because God did it"?

Quote:
Why would our consciousness spontaneously happen, the organize planets that orbit around the stars, then the solar systems are orbiting and so is our galaxies, like something caused it to happen.
Another lame and very uneducated question. Go back to school and study, please. Evolutions dosn't say this.

Quote:
First DNA/RNA was created somewhat spontaneously. (Spontaneously means that was some conditions good for it, like thunder bolt inside of air full with ammonia.) After this nothing random happen. After that it was Evolution by natural selection.

Quote:
They can. Look for this: https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...assembled.html

Primordial soup experiment:
Miller–Urey experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
The experiment used water (H2O), methane (CH4), ammonia (NH3), and hydrogen (H2). The chemicals were all sealed inside a sterile array of glass tubes and flasks connected in a loop, with one flask half-full of liquid water and another flask containing a pair of electrodes. The liquid water was heated to induce evaporation, sparks were fired between the electrodes to simulate lightning through the atmosphere and water vapor, and then the atmosphere was cooled again so that the water could condense and trickle back into the first flask in a continuous cycle.
At the end of one week of continuous operation, Miller and Urey observed that as much as 10–15% of the carbon within the system was now in the form of organic compounds. Two percent of the carbon had formed amino acids that are used to make proteins in living cells, with glycine as the most abundant. Sugars, lipids, and some of the building blocks for nucleic acids were also formed.
In an interview, Stanley Miller stated: "Just turning on the spark in a basic pre-biotic experiment will yield 11 out of 20 amino acids."

Chemist Shows How RNA Can Be the Starting Point for Life:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/14/sc...4rna.html?_r=1

Old 06-29-2009, 02:43 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,579,840 times
I am an atheist today because I studied your bible yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality