Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:14 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,091,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
yea in doing research on that subject I found this.

The Universe Could Not Have Been Created by God: Logic vs. Supposition. God was not the first cause

and there are other links as well there.

Now summarize that in your own words please. Let's discuss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 09:17 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,804,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
As I said in the other thread, and I've said on here numerous times--the existence of the universe itself is proof enough. The cosmological argument states that for every cause there is an effect.
Ahh, so the universe must be proof that Zeus is real, then?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:17 AM
TKH TKH started this thread

35 posts, read 66,555 times
OK...simply prove to me that "God" does not exist.
Evidence
Evidence
Evidence

Old 07-01-2009, 09:28 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,709,343 times
Quote:
Go read it, and then we can discuss. I am not going to summarize it for you. You read it and then come back and tell me what about it does not make sense.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:04 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,322,752 times
Quote:
I get this alot from people who I try to debate with. I only get posted links or copied materials. You will rarely get real debating. I try to debate with some, but you can point out the few that really don't have what they say that they have, or know.

All, you have to do is ask them to put it into there words, and they will fumble every time. Or, I always get certain people who duck and run, or just want answer my questions.

Get use to it, it's very popular around here. The thing that baffles me is this, people that say that the bible is false or wrong, can't show real information on how they researched to see. Only posted links, or a copied and pasted paragraph.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:10 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,091,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Go read it, and then we can discuss. I am not going to summarize it for you. You read it and then come back and tell me what about it does not make sense.
I'd like to know if you have the ability to comprehend it. Sorry--I'm not going to do your research for you. If you want to sound smart and have a discussion on it, then bring it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Ahh, so the universe must be proof that Zeus is real, then?

It's proof that there is a God. Once we establish that fact then we'll move on to whether it's Zeus or a real God.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I'd like to know if you have the ability to comprehend it. Sorry--I'm not going to do your research for you. If you want to sound smart and have a discussion on it, then bring it.

It's proof that there is a God. Once we establish that fact then we'll move on to whether it's Zeus or a real God.
Like I need to sound smart to you? That's rich, who are you to me? If you disagree with the link than bring it, I was merely posting a link to some that disagree with YOUR belief that God created the universe. What was God doing before he created time and space? Everything has a creator, except God, convenient for your argument. Everything has a cause and effect, except God, again convenient.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I get this alot from people who I try to debate with. I only get posted links or copied materials. You will rarely get real debating. I try to debate with some, but you can point out the few that really don't have what they say that they have, or know.

All, you have to do is ask them to put it into there words, and they will fumble every time. Or, I always get certain people who duck and run, or just want answer my questions.

Get use to it, it's very popular around here. The thing that baffles me is this, people that say that the bible is false or wrong, can't show real information on how they researched to see. Only posted links, or a copied and pasted paragraph.
Yes same here to you and others, I try to debate and ask for REAL evidence and all I get is more rhetoric from the Bible. People posting quotes and verses. That is not a debate. People cant post why they believe the Bible is real, just quotes FROM the bible.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:25 AM

410 posts, read 516,900 times
I think we are all praying to the same god. We all seem to call him different names though.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 AM

And something else I have noticed, when one disagrees with someone that firmly believes in God and the Bible, that religious person get very rude. So much for understanding and love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality