Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,088,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Bull crap....Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and you know it, and it wasn't the UN that wanted to go into Iraq, it was Bush...Are you really that ignorant of your own countries recent history?
Did I say that Iraq did?

And contrary to your statement, the invading forces were mostly US, but were a UN coalition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
US is not defending itself. arresting and punishing the person that blew up new york would be defending ourselves.
when mr obama shot the pirates, that was defending ourselves.
oh well. It's the jihadists that are attacking our soldiers in iraq, capturing people and cutting heads off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 10:35 AM

50,115 posts, read 20,872,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
or we just need a better explanation.
That's what it is all about - the weight of evidence. Glad you begin to see that.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:42 AM

33,623 posts, read 37,274,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Did I say that Iraq did?

Yes you did say that.

And contrary to your statement, the invading forces were mostly US, but were a UN coalition.

oh well. It's the jihadists that are attacking our soldiers in iraq, capturing people and cutting heads off.
As I said you are ignorant regarding the history of the Iraq war. It was not a UN coalition.....On September 16, 2004 Secretary-General of the United Nations Kofi Annan, speaking on the invasion, said, "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN Charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal

Old 07-17-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
As I said you are ignorant regarding the history of the Iraq war. It was not a UN coalition.....On September 16, 2004 Secretary-General of the United Nations Kofi Annan, speaking on the invasion, said, "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN Charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal

I'm sorry if I don't put a lot of faith in kofi annan. He made a ton of money on the oil for food scandal.

Anyway..can you show me where I said that iraq was responsible for 9/11?

Old 07-17-2009, 10:58 AM

33,623 posts, read 37,274,218 times
First of all do you still insist that it was a UN coalition that invaded Iraq?

In post # 8 you said this " If the jihadists hadn't attacked first the war never would have happened."

Old 07-17-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
First of all do you still insist that it was a UN coalition that invaded Iraq?

In post # 8 you said this " If the jihadists hadn't attacked first the war never would have happened."
1. Perhaps I misspoke. I apologize. It was a multi-national coalition, and might have been UN-sanctioned if the UN was not corrupt. kofi annan has made a ton of money on the oil-for-food scandal, and thus did not want to go in. That, along with teh fact that the UN is largely toothless and had failed to enforce 17 resolutions prior to that showed that it was not GOING to act.

2. Jihadists did fly the planes into the towers, and jihadists are prolonging the war now. It would have been over years ago if not for them. Iraq has a new government, the tyrant is gone, and we want to get our troops out.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:56 PM

8,419 posts, read 16,266,140 times
Originally Posted by kdbrich
Quote:
1. Perhaps I misspoke. I apologize. It was a multi-national coalition, and might have been UN-sanctioned if the UN was not corrupt.
What I find ironic is that Americans trust their government implicitly when it comes to foreign affairs (or is it just the nationalists?), but feel the need to arm themselves when it concerns national politics.

Quote:
2. Jihadists did fly the planes into the towers, and jihadists are prolonging the war now. It would have been over years ago if not for them. Iraq has a new government, the tyrant is gone, and we want to get our troops out.
What I again find ironic is that the US government helped to put the tyrant in power when it suited them* (and if I'm not mistaken they did so in an undemocratic way).

Quote:
*Another very good example of a CIA-organized regime change was a coup in 1963 that employed political assassination, mass imprisonment, torture and murder. This was the military coup that first brought Saddam Hussein's beloved Ba'ath Party to power in Iraq. At the time, Richard Helms was Director for Plans at the CIA. That is the top CIA position responsible for covert actions, like organizing coups. Helms served in that capacity until 1966, when he was made Director.

In the quotations collected below, the name of the leader who was assassinated is spelled variously as Qasim, Qassim and Kassem. But, however you spell his name, when he took power in a popularly-backed coup in 1958, he certainly got recognized in Washington. He carried out such anti-American and anti-corporatist policies as starting the process of nationalizing foreign oil companies in Iraq, withdrawing Iraq from the US-initiated right-wing Baghdad Pact (which included another military-run, US-puppet state, i.e., Pakistan) and decriminalizing the Iraqi Communist Party. Despite these actions, and more likely because of them, he was Iraq's most popular leader. He had to go!

In 1959, there was a failed assassination attempt on Qasim. The failed assassin was none other than a young Saddam Hussein. In 1963, a CIA-organized coup did successfully assassinate Qasim and Saddam's Ba'ath Party came to power for the first time. Saddam returned from exile in Egypt and took up the key post as head of Iraq's secret service. The CIA then provided the new pliant, Iraqi regime with the names of thousands of communists, and other leftist activists and organizers. Thousands of these supporters of Qasim and his policies were soon dead in a rampage of mass murder carried out by the CIA's close friends in Iraq.

Source: Regime Change: How the CIA put Saddam's Party in Power

Last edited by Tricky D; 07-17-2009 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 07-17-2009, 09:20 PM

17,523 posts, read 24,762,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
It is with amusement that I listened to a young Mormon bloke who was saying that the NZ army should have had infantry in Iraq.
When I asked him if he was going to join our army before this great crusade he answered that god wanted him to be a missionary so he was unavailable.

It is amusing how American based religions believe that other countries militaries should join in crusades started by the USA.

Having a lot of relatives in our army made it easy to find out that minimal numbers of Mormons are in our army.
Onward heathen soldiers ?
Even better that American Christians don't side with Christian Iraqis, Christian Palestinians or Christian Lebanese, usually siding with Israel against them

Old 08-31-2009, 10:42 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,946,426 times
Considering that the 911 attack was done predominantly by Saudi citizens it is apparent that Bush did not understand geography well enough to invade the correct country.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,582,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
It is with amusement that I listened to a young Mormon bloke who was saying that the NZ army should have had infantry in Iraq.
When I asked him if he was going to join our army before this great crusade he answered that god wanted him to be a missionary so he was unavailable.

It is amusing how American based religions believe that other countries militaries should join in crusades started by the USA.

Having a lot of relatives in our army made it easy to find out that minimal numbers of Mormons are in our army.
Onward heathen soldiers ?

It isn't just religious fundies who have little stomach for war and seem to think it should be fought by someone else.

Ever seen "Farenheit 9/11?" There's a part where Michael Moore stands outside the Congressional office buildings and waylay's Congresscritters who voted for the Iraq war when they come out. At first, most of them are quite friendly and "happy" to see him. But, when he comments that they have military aged children and presses recruitment literature into their hands, they get all huffy and stomp off. It's a genius piece of film work!

Or, did you see the TV report from the Young Republican's convention in Virginia a couple of years ago? The reporters asked them, individually, if they had plans to join the service when they got out of college. You should have heard the excuses! "Uh...my degree is in political science," or, "I think I can better serve my country by going into business." It would have been hilarious had it not been for their flag-waving support of the Bush doctrine.

Chickenhawks! They're disgusting in any form!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality