Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 04:31 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,422,617 times

Advertisements

An untried quantum theory that has no evidence to support it is not proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
One could ask why God would create an adult male, and an adult female in Adam and Eve. When they were 2 days old they likely looked to be at least teenagers.
Why would an intelligent designer fill the human body with useless organs? And if I recall my bible, there was no mention of childhood. Scripture states, if I recall, that they were "created" as full sized adults. BTW, when did god create all those other people who were outside of Eden?

Quote:
It can be inferred from that stuff. I honestly don't know the science behind the dating methods, but I would question the possibility that maybe scientists have simply made an error on it, and keep building on that error.
Like light, Carbon 14 has a constant deterioration rate that can be measured. Everything on the planet contains Carbon 14. Using Radio Carbon dating, we can determine, quite accuratly, the general age of something, whether rock or fossil.

Quote:
Do we have any evidence they were flat a couple million years ago? We don't know how long it took to get to where they are now.
Again, radio carbon dating. Dating the rocks have allowed us to determine the age of the Rockies, which is some 65 million years of age for the younger ranges to as old as 3,980 million years of age in the older Southern Ranges.

And thanks to this upheaval, we can date what was once deep rock strata, which has been dated as old as 3.5 billion years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 04:50 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,945,414 times
Radiometric dating methods have a certain elegance to them and it makes it hard for cretinists to ignore when it gives the correct time for objects we know the age to. It's even harder to ignore when people know the core concepts behind it.

What they do have a problem with is with any of the many different methods of testing which indicate objects of more than 6000 years of age. They hate it and have created a plethora of increasingly ridiculous, full of ignorance and sometimes 100% made up apologetics against it.

There are absolutely no coherent or even remotely rational arguments against radiometric dating.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Like light, Carbon 14 has a constant deterioration rate that can be measured. Everything on the planet contains Carbon 14. Using Radio Carbon dating, we can determine, quite accuratly, the general age of something, whether rock or fossil.
The argument that radioactivity rates were higher in the past hasn't been thought through by creationists. To make the results go from 13.7 billion years to 6000-10000 year by saying that the radioactivity rates have been exponentially decaying from the beginning of time means that even as soon as a few hundred years ago, most elements in the universe were highly radioactive. No living thing could survive in such an unstable environment, much less live to be over 900.

The only hopes for creationists is to prove that the physics and mathematics behind it are flawed(good luck).

Old 07-23-2009, 06:26 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,466,376 times
[quote=jbird82;9908426]I'd like a Young Earth Creationists take on some of this observable phenomenon in our Universe:
Quote:
Hows about I just show you things in the Bible and in ancient literature that you can't explain with your view? We are in a fishbowl, so to speak, and what is outside our fishbowl cannot be measured by any means by we in the fishbowl, with any tools we have
Stars:
Quote:
stars are called angels and host of heaven in the OT, and Believers are going to shine as the firmament, and some who turn many to righteousness will shine as the stars.
Stars will fall down to earth in the Tribulation.
We can observe light from stars millions of light years away. The speed of light is a computable law of nature.
Quote:
angels fly faster than the speed of light
If the Earth was only 6000 years old, then how did the light from stars millions of light years away reach Earth already?
Quote:
By what ever true measure of distance the stars actually are, which measure we do not have, they were created complete, like everything on earth was: how did Adam get created full grown? How did Eve get taken out of his side, full grown? How did trees for fruit get made with fruit, ready to eat for men and animals?
Natural Resources:

Fossil fuels such as oil and coal take much longer than 6000 years to form naturally.
Quote:
Fossil fuel can be made in short hours with the proper heat and pressure, the earth is always making oil, naturally; coal can be made naturally in a short time with the plants having heat and pressure applied
How do you explain the abundance of these resources on Earth if the planet is 6000 years old?
Quote:
The earth is always making natural gas and oil, and coal can be made in the lab fast.
Mountains:

Many mountain ranges on our planet are observed to be growing higher due to plate tectonic collisions. Did god create a base for these mountains and then have the plates collide to have the mountains grow ever so slightly every year?
Quote:
The flood of Noah changed the earth, and it can be changed by upheavals decreed in heaven whenever -even Sheol beneath earth "enlarges herself", the Bible says, so as to receive massive numbers of souls at times of singular 'disasters' sent to unrepentant wicked
Craters:

The earth is littered with massive craters from asteroid impacts throughout its history. Many of these craters are so large that it would have had devestating effects on mankind.
We can calculate the amount of energy that would be released to create these craters and estimate what it would do to the planet. The results are unsettling. Yet, somehow, we've been struck by these asteroids in the past 6000 years without anyone noticing a thing?
Quote:
they're just the blown out portions of earth that escaped into space at the time of the breaking up of the earth at the flood. Sometimes some come home
Now for you: the Bible says the sun rises and sets and that the earth is fixed in place -for now, it will move out of its place in the tribulation and turn upside down and stagger as a drunken man. The Bible and the Book of Jasher says the sun and moon stood still for nearly a full day [36 times, says Jasher], when Joshua commanded them to, and the LORD heeded his command, and so they did stand still.
The Bible says angels stoned armies from heaven, with great hailstones, and more were slain by the stones than by Joshua's army.
The Bible says that God has set His [created] temple in the [created] sun, and from there He observes the children of men.

The Bible says that God fed men angels' food for forty years, by opening doors in heaven and casting that angel food down to the Israelites

The Bible says God made the light on day one, and did not set the sun in the firmament until day four, to rule that light by day, and so the sun is not the source of light, but the refractor of it, only, like a crystal creation, gathering it up and sending it back out.

The Bible says we on earth are like grasshoppers to God, when he looks down on us from his throne in heaven.
His throne is in the sun, in the temple, and from that temple He observes all the children of men.
'Splain that.

Enoch goes into the temple in heaven, past the flames of fire:
Quote:
Enoch 14 ...And the vision was shown to me thus: Behold, in the vision clouds invited me and a mist summoned me, and the course of the stars and the lightnings sped and hastened me, and the winds in 9 the vision caused me to fly and lifted me upward, and bore me into heaven. And I went in till I drew nigh to a wall which is built of crystals and surrounded by tongues of fire: and it began to affright 10 me. And I went into the tongues of fire and drew nigh to a large house which was built of crystals: and the walls of the house were like a tesselated floor (made) of crystals, and its groundwork was 11 of crystal.
Its ceiling was like the path of the stars and the lightnings, and between them were 12 fiery cherubim, and their heaven was (clear as) water. A flaming fire surrounded the walls, and its 13 portals blazed with fire.

And I entered into that house, and it was hot as fire and cold as ice: there 14 were no delights of life therein: fear covered me, and trembling got hold upon me. And as I quaked 15 and trembled, I fell upon my face. And I beheld a vision, And lo! there was a second house, greater 16 than the former, and the entire portal stood open before me, and it was built of flames of fire. And in every respect it so excelled in splendour and magnificence and extent that I cannot describe to 17 you its splendour and its extent. And its floor was of fire, and above it were lightnings and the path 18 of the stars, and its ceiling also was flaming fire. And I looked and saw therein a lofty throne: its appearance was as crystal, and the wheels thereof as the shining sun, and there was the vision of 19 cherubim. And from underneath the throne came streams of flaming fire so that I could not look 20 thereon. And the Great Glory sat thereon, and His raiment shone more brightly than the sun and 21 was whiter than any snow.
None of the angels could enter and could behold His face by reason 22 of the magnificence and glory and no flesh could behold Him. The flaming fire was round about Him, and a great fire stood before Him, and none around could draw nigh Him: ten thousand times 23 ten thousand (stood) before Him, yet He needed no counselor. And the most holy ones who were 24 nigh to Him did not leave by night nor depart from Him.
Psalms 18 Douay Rheims
6 He hath set his tabernacle in the sun: and he, as a bridegroom coming out of his bride chamber, Hath rejoiced as a giant to run the way:
The Septuagint of Jesus' day indeed said that [from the Greek, translated to English] "in the sun hath he set his tabernacle".
Now that is not what modern science says, but that is what the Word of God says.
" In the sun hath He set His tabernacle".

Enoch went into that tabernacle, in his vision.
Hymns of the Essenes from the Dead Sea Scrolls also say the same;

I wrote this, on the subject on another board, under the same name.

Quote:
Isaiah 18:4

For so the LORD said1 unto me, I will take my rest,4 and I will consider55 in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs,

Clear is dazzling
heat is hot
herbs is sun (light, luminary, etc)
So YHWH said, "I will take my rest and scan intently/look down/consider from my dwelling place (a fixture, habitation, abode), the dazzling hot sun."

Translator bias, only, changes what the original language states, and Enoch's vision corroborates the fact, and the DSS also corroborates the doctrine of the temple in the sun, where the throne of God is set.

Quote:
DSS the Hymns
1QH XIX 31-XX9
For the Instructor, praises and prayers,
to bow down and intreat always,
from period to period:
when the light comes from his residence;
in the positions of the day, according to regulation,
in accordance with the laws of the great luminary;
at the return of the evening, at the departure of light,
when the realm of the shades begins;
at the appointed moment of the night, in their stations;
at the return of dawn...

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 07-23-2009 at 06:40 PM..

Old 07-23-2009, 07:13 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,845,699 times
YSM, could you edit your post again? Your quotes are reversed.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
YSM, could you edit your post again? Your quotes are reversed.
My edit button is gone so I can't. Maybe after I restart the computer it will be there.

Meantime, for the consideration of all here: the stars and sun are not the source of light.
They are chandeliers, like candelabra, for the light source to refract back from, and are not light sources.
God created the light on day 1, and here it is! It is not the sun!
The light
divides the day from the night, and it orbits the earth each day, and precedes the sun and follows after the sun, which governs it, but the light created on day 1 is not the sun, nor the stars.
From dawn to dusk, we see the light that God made on day one, in his creation, which He divided from the darkness, and we see the sun which regulates it in the day -in which He set His created temple, as the Word says, and we see the stars and moon which regulate it at night.

He only set the lovely crystal chandeliers in the firmament on day 4. They are not the source of light. They gather light in, and refract it back out, but they are not the source.

H-m-m, I have an edit button on this post but not on the other???
Job didn't know where light dwelled. Light does not dwell in the sun.
Job 38:19 Where [is] the way [where] light dwelleth? and [as for] darkness, where [is] the place thereof,

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 07-23-2009 at 08:36 PM..

Old 07-23-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
[CENTER]Lost Technology of the Ancients - THE CRYSTAL SUN
Lost Technology of the Ancients
The Crystal Sun [/CENTER]
By Robert Temple
The ancient Greek Pythagoreans of the 5th century BC believed that the sun was a gigantic crystal ball larger than the earth, which gathered the ambient light of the surrounding cosmos and refracted it to earth, acting as a giant lens.
A giant lens? In the 5th century BC? Perhaps it was because nobody until now has been willing to recognise that lenses existed in antiquity, and that the crystal sun idea was overlooked, and has never been described in any books on the history of science or philosophy. However, it appears in my latest book The Crystal Sun,
the author above is not a Bible Believing Christian, which I am, but he is well read on the subject. I have his book which I searched for as a subject after I discovered that God said in the Word that He set His tabernacle in the sun. I wanted to find out what the ancients believed -and lo and behold! -they did know that God's temple was set in the sun. -of course they changed God's incorruptible image into corruptible, and even began to worship the tabernacle in the sun, instead of God who sat there in His Glory, on the created throne in the created temple in the created firmament of the created heaven, from where he came down from, to visit earth, at Babel, to confound the language, and at the time of Sodom and Gomorrah's nuking, to see if they were altogether as the cries against them were coming up to Him as -as pr the book of Jasher.

I wonder why this information about the temple in the sun was taken out of the Bible by unbelieving translators? The original language is plain, just like the language is plain that the sun rises and sets, going around the earth, in its circle; and that the earth is fixed.

"in the sun hath he set his tabernacle"
And:
Isaiah 18:4

For so the LORD said1 unto me, I will take my rest,4 and I will consider55 in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs,

Clear is dazzling
heat is hot
herbs is sun (light, luminary, etc)
So YHWH said, "I will take my rest and scan intently/look down/consider from my dwelling place (a fixture, habitation, abode), the dazzling hot sun."

Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:01 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,081,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
An untried quantum theory that has no evidence to support it is not proof.
It's an interesting theory that is getting some consideration.
Quote:

Why would an intelligent designer fill the human body with useless organs? And if I recall my bible, there was no mention of childhood. Scripture states, if I recall, that they were "created" as full sized adults. BTW, when did god create all those other people who were outside of Eden?

1. What "useless organs"?

2. The people outside of Eden were children of Adam and Eve.
Quote:

I've also heard of mistakes made in using Carbon dating. I've heard it's only accurate a few thousand years back.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:14 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,845,699 times
Quote:
It's an interesting theory that is getting some consideration.

1. What "useless organs"?

2. The people outside of Eden were children of Adam and Eve.

I've also heard of mistakes made in using Carbon dating. I've heard it's only accurate a few thousand years back.
I am sure he meant radiometric dating. Carbon is only done on organics and is usefull for dating back some 50,000 years. But even the RATE project has conceded that what they were looking for is not there and that the vast geologic times determined from radiometric dating are pretty much conclusive.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality