Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 PM

283 posts, read 1,384,998 times

Advertisements

I have noticed some differences between the east and the west. In the West the religion has been corrupted to make the masses believe that their is one individual who created everything in this universe including himself. This could explain why many westerners believe that a single leader is better than a group of leaders. While in the East there are various Gods each with their own strength and abilities. It seems that people in the East are less selfish than the ones in the west. And this could be due to the fact that many of them believe in many Gods than just one. so the whole idea of their just being one God is ridiculous to them. unfortuanately through globalization things are becoming the same everywhere. Soon we will have one leader and who is to blame? The idea that one God can created everything by himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 01:15 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,424,460 times
What revelation from the divine do you base your belief upon?

OUR God has told us there is only one God. Have the multitude of "gods" of the "east" revealed themselves to the people of the "east"?

OUR God was crucified and raised from the dead. Have any of the multiple "gods" of the "east" died and then been resurrected from the dead?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:18 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,750,005 times
a god that man can bend and mold into a box and then do as he will is not a god..theres only One God..anything else that exhalts itself to that power is of the devil.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:18 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,503,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
I have noticed some differences between the east and the west. In the West the religion has been corrupted to make the masses believe that their is one individual who created everything in this universe including himself. This could explain why many westerners believe that a single leader is better than a group of leaders. While in the East there are various Gods each with their own strength and abilities. It seems that people in the East are less selfish than the ones in the west. And this could be due to the fact that many of them believe in many Gods than just one. so the whole idea of their just being one God is ridiculous to them. unfortuanately through globalization things are becoming the same everywhere. Soon we will have one leader and who is to blame? The idea that one God can created everything by himself.
First of all, Christians do not believe that God is a created being (hence, He didn't create himself). We believe he was always in existence. (I know it is a hard concept to wrap your mind around. It is just something we believe on faith.)

Secondly, it seems like you think Christianity is a western religion. It was founded in Jerusalem and is an offshoot of Judaism. Judaism is the original teacher of the "one God" concept. There are also Muslims who believe in only one god. So the "one God" concept is not exclusively Christian. Nor is it western as all three of these originated in the Middle East.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:36 PM

Furthermore, if people in the "east" are less selfish than those in the west, how do you explain the multitude of Christian-based charities? How do you explain the fact that the west is generally called upon for aid when a global catastrophe strikes? Where are the multitude of Hindu, Buddhist, Shintoist, and Taoist charities?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:56 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,243,461 times
Originally Posted by Pathwalker
Quote:
How do you explain the fact that the west is generally called upon for aid when a global catastrophe strikes?
That is because in the past the west has forced itself upon the east (and the north and the south) through colonisation, in which they took as much valuable recourses as they could.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:05 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
i do not know of anything to indicate that the western religions have become corrupt. if anything they are becoming more kind and gentle and less opinionated. what religion do you practice by the way?
western religions are corrupt? nothing was offered in your post to collabate that assertion. not all eastern religions are polytheistic.
i assume since your post deals with monotheistic religions you are speaking about islam and judaism as well. which are for a large part eastern.
why the condemnation of monotheistic religions? its not an east/west thing. never was.
so i am not sure i am with you on this one.
fyi buddism, something i know a lil about, is quiet concerned as they feel the consumer corruption of the east has harmed its pure practice and they are hoping to get something going in the west.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Pathwalker That is because in the past the west has forced itself upon the east (and the north and the south) through colonisation, in which they took as much valuable recourses as they could.
I'd honestly like for you to post the location to your resources which backs up that comment.

Something else.....why not respond to my first question? If people in the "east" are less selfish than those in the west, how do you explain the multitude of Christian-based charities?

Old 11-09-2007, 02:17 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,442,114 times
Contrary to the popular belief, most eastern religions such as Hinduism, believe in one God too, the "Gods" like Shiva, Ganesha, Shiva, Brahma, etc are just concepts of aspects of different characteristics of God.

Brahma is the creative characteristic of spirit, that who gives life
Vishnu is the preservative characteristic of spirit, that who supports life
Shiva is the destructive characteristic of spirit, that who destroys, life has to end isn't it? but he is also the destroyer of sin and ignorance among other things.

Hinduists know that all these aspects are just diferent characteristics of Parambrahma (Spirit) who has always existed and created everything

Krsna is a very special character in Hinduism, he is the India's Christ (hence the Krsna title) he is a son of God who awoke and came to the physical plane to help people get back to God just like Christ did.

Krsna's human name is Jadava
Christ's human name is Jesus
but they became Jesus the Christ and Jadava the Krsna or (Christna) because they manifested the Christ consciousness.

btw Jesus was born in the middle east in Bethlehem so he is an easterner that westerners adopted

Jesus life and Jadava's life are full of similarities, they were both born in hard circumstances and had to be hidden to escape death by kings who wanted to murder the messiahs, they both died tragically, Christ had to defeat satan and Krsna had to defeat vedic demons that symbolize evil just like satan does.

Love and Light!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-09-2007 at 02:29 PM..

Old 11-09-2007, 02:17 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,458,477 times
The case could be made that they SAY they believe in one god but in reality they believe in three. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Sounds more like 3 gods too me.

Then of course there are Catholics who pray to Mary as well AND all the multitudes of Saints, that sounds like they have 100s of gods.

Then of course the Mormons have Joseph Smith, definetly a god.

The Seventh Day Adventist Church has Ellen White, another god.

Scientologists have L. Ron Hubbard, another god.

I think Christianity wants to make themselves LOOK different then the so called pagan religions by saying they believe in only one when in reality they are no different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality