Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of MasterPath and its founder, Gary Olsen?
MasterPath seems to be a legitimate path to enlightenment 7 23.33%
MasterPath seems to be a benign cult that is not hurting anyone 1 3.33%
MasterPath seems to be a scam, but only hurts those that buy into it 1 3.33%
MasterPath seems to be a scam and Gary Olsen is a fraud 21 70.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:36 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,041,718 times

Advertisements

The MasterPath thread has been read and responded to quite a bit, so maybe it is time to take a poll. Please weigh in if you are inclined to do so.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM

47 posts, read 103,752 times
my neice was getting involved in this and we found out that it is not true, we got her out of it.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:26 PM

71 posts, read 108,413 times
yep, the MasterPath thread is laden with obstreperous retorts from what appears to be non-informed followers. warning: thick skin and hip boots recommended to wade through this commercialized brand of veneer "enlightenment."

Old 12-22-2009, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,345 times
Default Sri Gary Olsen Authentic

I have studied with several yogis and swamis in India and attended many satsangs with different gurus and so on in the United States. However, my experience with Sri Gary Olsen has been very profound to say the least. Everything he has taught me has been actually verifiable through my own spiritual practice. This is what really counts!

Yes, at first glance Sri Gary doesn't seem like a standard spiritual guru. And yes, just like any alternative teaching his path will seem cultish to a new person. The important thing to understand is that all spiritual groups seem weird and cultish to onlookers. I used to think this way before accepting a guru, and even though I have found a guru in Gary, I am still skeptical about other gurus other than my own. Those of you who don't buy into the guru student relationship are bound to be skeptical, and you should be. The guru student relationship has received nothing but a bad rep. in the USA with Waco, OSHO, Hare Krishna, and Heavens Gate etc. Those of you who have already found a guru should be skeptical about other gurus and yet be dedicated to your own. It doesn't matter what others think. It is what you think and experience that matters. If you are getting something from the teaching then follow it it is probably beneficial, if not then that teaching is simply not for you. If you "love to hate" then you probably won't ever and cannot ever understand the guru disciple relationship no matter how much spouting, investigating, criticizing, blogging, guru rating etc. that you do.

In regards to Sri Gary, he is straight forward and down to earth, and is friendly and yet tough if he needs to be. People are judging him all over the internet over petty little things. Most of the judgements are not based on any facts and often times just simply fabricated out of thin air. Who cares what he spend his money on? Who cares whether Darwin Gross passed the torch onto him or not? Who cares if ex chelas dislike him. It's what you think that counts! Have you ever met an "ex" of any religious organization that had good things to say about their experience without slanting their conversation to the negative?

The fact is that his teachings are not for everyone, just like Hare Krishna, and Christianity isn't for everyone.

The best advice I was ever given before accepting a guru was: "Go to a seminar/satsang/meeting of the group you are investigating. Check out the students very closely; watch their body language and check out their mannerisms, and their behaviour. Talk to them and watch the guru very closely. Take your time, be skeptical, ask questions, but most importantly find an undeniable attraction to the teaching and the teacher." In other words, "If it doesn't have a big yes behind it don't get involved."

My experience with MasterPath has been very good. I spent 5 years practicing TM, hatha/raja yoga and and additional 4 years practicing Krishna Consciousness, vipassana and Kriya Yoga. I was dedicated to each discipline and practiced sincerely. I had some nice experiences with these teachings and communities. However, one day on the MasterPath was more profound than all of that experience put together, seriously! Since getting involved with Gary I have gone further than I ever thought possible and experienced insights and states of bliss beyond my wildest dreams.

Don't knock it until you've tried it!

Old 12-29-2009, 10:31 PM

interesting...

one post only by the above poster...

smells like Gary Olsen himself to me.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:17 PM

1,666 posts, read 4,369,025 times
I'm guessing the Olsens remain elusive for a reason, and that reason is money and avoiding their business practices being called into question.

Keep sending in your monthly dues and buying the merchandise....Gary needs to plant more olive trees at the desert hideaway and maintain his tanned, masterly glow...

Old 01-01-2010, 03:35 PM

268 posts, read 457,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marktkinder View Post
Don't knock it until you've tried it!
If we take that idea to it's logical conclusion, then we'd all have to put on Nikes and spike our applesauce with phenobarbitol in order to find out if the Hale Bopp will take us to nirvana. Marshall Applewhite's followers felt great bliss and peace with their decisions too.

The question of MasterPath is not about bliss or any other benefit of one's spiritual practices. It's about a con-man who misrepresents himself as the vehicle to his follower's own experiences, misguides them with apocalyptic predictions, and claims that giving him money absolves their karma.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:02 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,416,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
interesting...

one post only by the above poster...

smells like Gary Olsen himself to me.
Indeed.

I've made it a habit of exposing charletons and frauds.

I have been banned from Lilly Dale, for example.

Olsen is a charleton of the highest order, praying on people to enrich himself, a man who has been kicked out of states for his robbery.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:42 PM

6 posts, read 11,581 times
Default Scam - Ruined Relationship

Had I known who and what "Master Path" was I would have never become involved with one if "its" followers as I did. We met,.... we fell in love,... and now the Master Path principles define her every thought, reason and movement. Yes, there's eerie meditation and chanting to his photo,.... life altering decisions (involving OUR lives together) are being made on principles that make absolutely no worldly or unworldly sense. Whenever the "path" is questioned by me it's met with a FIERCE defense mechanism which is totally unlike anything she really stands for. Other have written that anything other than introductory materials are ONLY for the eyes of "initiated members"; it's VERY true. All reading material other than introductory is kept under lock and key! What I have seen happen to the woman I love defies all logic. She's basing a decision to end our relationship / engagement on Master Path teachings and principles,...... "I don't understand the light,.... I don't hear the sound"!!
All this is good for is her payment of $30.00 per month to an absolute cult and it leader. Congratulations Master Path and Gary Olsen; your misguided crap has ruined the most wonderful relationship there ever was.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkepticalOne View Post
Had I known who and what "Master Path" was I would have never become involved with one if "its" followers as I did. We met,.... we fell in love,... and now the Master Path principles define her every thought, reason and movement. Yes, there's eerie meditation and chanting to his photo,.... life altering decisions (involving OUR lives together) are being made on principles that make absolutely no worldly or unworldly sense. Whenever the "path" is questioned by me it's met with a FIERCE defense mechanism which is totally unlike anything she really stands for. Other have written that anything other than introductory materials are ONLY for the eyes of "initiated members"; it's VERY true. All reading material other than introductory is kept under lock and key! What I have seen happen to the woman I love defies all logic. She's basing a decision to end our relationship / engagement on Master Path teachings and principles,...... "I don't understand the light,.... I don't hear the sound"!!
All this is good for is her payment of $30.00 per month to an absolute cult and it leader. Congratulations Master Path and Gary Olsen; your misguided crap has ruined the most wonderful relationship there ever was.
My sympathies to you...

trust me, I know how Master Path can mess with a loved one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality