Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 11:02 AM

33,630 posts, read 37,282,727 times

Advertisements

Back to the dustbin for you...You are a lost cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 11:05 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,060,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Why would Gee say creationism is true? He believes in evolution, yet he also believes we can never prove evolution by the fossil record, because all the evidence needed to make the connection between fossils is (GONE).

Do you agree with Gee's statement? Yes or No?
If I say No, your buybull is BS

If I say Yes your buybull is still BS.

You cannot prove creationism apart from your plagiarized buybull so really what are to trying to do?

You are only demonstrating your total tunnel vision and biased opinion. In fact, with all the strawmen you offer, your worldview must be that of peering down a straw, not much to get excited about eh?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,581,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Back to the dustbin for you...You are a lost cause.
He does help to prove the case for evolution if only by his insistence and method of arguing against it. Must has made many converts by now.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,993,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Okay, I'm confused. You continually cite Gee as proof of your allegation that evolution is false, yet also say he does not believe in creationism and does believe in evolution.

It would appear that you are arguing with yourself or you need to up to dose on your meds......
The only reason I cite Gee is because he himself has said somthing truthful that a number of believers in evolution are still not aware of. And that is, the fossil record has no evidence for evolution. Gee knows this, and he states that such evidence is (gone.) Gee tells us to much time has passed for such evidence to be present. Gee believes it was once there. Yet he points out that anyone who tries to suggest that they can put fossils together to show how evolution works, are (STORYTELLERS). And he states, their attempts to do this is unscientific. Yes Gee believes in evolution, yet, finally some in evolution are beginning to say things non believers in evolution have been saying for years. The bottom line is, the fossil record does not show us evolution, and both Gee (a believer in evolution), and non believers in evolution are in agreement.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
The only reason I cite Gee is because he himself has said somthing truthful that a number of believers in evolution are still not aware of. And that is, the fossil record has no evidence for evolution. Gee knows this, and he states that such evidence is (gone.) Gee tells us to much time has passed for such evidence to be present. Gee believes it was once there. Yet he points out that anyone who tries to suggest that they can put fossils together to show how evolution works, are (STORYTELLERS). And he states, their attempts to do this is unscientific. Yes Gee believes in evolution, yet, finally some in evolution are beginning to say things non believers in evolution have been saying for years. The bottom line is, the fossil record does not show us evolution, and both Gee (a believer in evolution), and non believers in evolution are in agreement.
Wishful thinking, you have proved nothing except your own ignorance.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
If I say No, your buybull is BS

If I say Yes your buybull is still BS.

You cannot prove creationism apart from your plagiarized buybull so really what are to trying to do?

You are only demonstrating your total tunnel vision and biased opinion. In fact, with all the strawmen you offer, your worldview must be that of peering down a straw, not much to get excited about eh?
No, I'm showing your inability to agree with one of your own? Because his clear statements run against the grain of your worldview. It's not my biased opinion that is at question here. It is your biased opinion that prevents you from giving a simple Yes or No answer. Usually, when some one tries to hide from the truth, they seem to have problems with such questions.

Last edited by Campbell34; 09-01-2009 at 11:46 AM..

Old 09-01-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Wishful thinking, you have proved nothing except your own ignorance.
Gee has clearly stated in his book. "In Search For Deep Time" That the fossils that would prove evolution are (GONE). To much time has passed, and even if they could find them, they could not put them together to draw any conclusion on human evolution. And anyone who tells us they can, are but (STORYTELLERS). Gee clearly tells us, those who attempt to do this are not being scientific.

The only ignorance being shown here, are the one's who deny what Henery Gee has so clearly stated in his book. I'm not useing wishful thinking here, just facts.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM

[quote=Campbell34;10556615]
Quote:
The only reason I cite Gee is because he himself has said somthing truthful that a number of believers in evolution are still not aware of. And that is, the fossil record has no evidence for evolution.

By your own admission, this is not what he said.

Quote:
Gee knows this, and he states that such evidence is (gone.)

This is what he said, by your own admission. So you when you say different you are caught in one of your own lies.

Quote:
Gee tells us to much time has passed for such evidence to be present.

Once again, different from what you are claiming.

I can now confirm it to be true that you have suppositional tunnel vision, seeing only what you want and supposing it to be true.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:58 AM

BTW, Campbell, please post the authority by which you suppose this Gee fellow to be the principle (ONLY ONE TO BE BELIEVED AND MISQUOTED) expert in the field, to the exclusion of all others.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
No, I'm showing your inability to agree with one of your own? Because his clear statements run against the grain of your worldview. It's not my biased opinion that is at question here. It is your biased opinion that prevents you from giving a simple Yes or No answer. Usually, when some one tries to hide from the truth, they seem to have problems with such questions.
See, unlike you theists, we "darwinists" as you like to call us do not necessarily adhere to one scientist's POV. After all, they are mere humans and can be wrong from time to time. That still does not prove evolution is not true and your buybull is.

As you have been shown to have quote-mined , which you do with your own buybull, in fact all your arguments are a load of codswallop (you may need to look that up)

Based on your participation in this thread, I am sure (as some have indicated) they are cringing with the BS approach you take. In fact your attempt at apologetics leaves much to be desired. You are in no way convincing except maybe to the partakers of your brand of koolaide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality