Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2009, 12:15 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well if your going to slam the Christian Faith for their lack of logic, at least post a picture of Christians, and not Islamics.
Why, islamic and christian fundamentalist attempt to use logic the exact same way...

Old 12-15-2009, 01:44 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Why, islamic and christian fundamentalist attempt to use logic the exact same way...
Well Christians will actually look to see if there is historical evidence to support their claims. I don't see that happening in a big way with the Islamic faith. So unless you can show me the error of my way, I don't believe you have a valid arguement.

Last edited by Campbell34; 12-15-2009 at 02:01 AM..

Old 12-15-2009, 02:16 AM

33,545 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Well if your going to slam the Christian Faith for their lack of logic, at least post a picture of Christians, and not Islamics.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default And now, our fantasy story for today!!!!

Quote:
Well, if you believe as some in science are now telling us, that the entire universe, once could fit into our shirt pocket. Well, somehow a talking snake seems so much more believable. LOL
Yep. Add to the talking snake the idea of cramming 600 million animals and plants into such a leaky, twisty wooden barge that had no power, no sails, no steerage, nothing. And that it then miraculously survived 18 months on stormy seas with wholly inadequate food or water supplies, and then came gently and unbroken, to rest on the visible 65˚ downslope, near the summit of a rocky, storm-bashed mountain top.

But then, after surviving that impossibility, the occupants all disembarked onto a catastrophically ruined planet with nary a single bite of prey species or vegetation to eat unless they ate bloated, infested dead whale or sea lion carcasses while they waited several months for the complete of the waters. Imagine: a vegetarian deer or antelope or moose or caribou eating old, rancid, dead meat and drinking salt water! Sounds appetizing, no?

That subsidence was handily promoted by God's breathy winds, which also caused much of that water, apparently, to re-enter the Earths' crust and MAGICALLY re-find it's way back into the micro-pores in the rock that it miraculously seeped out of in massive gushes a few months earlier. Yep; plausible!

So that they could all migrate back, up to 8000 miles, to home. Again, with no food or fresh water to drink, any natural lakes having been left filled with the saline oceanic water.

But wait! Perhaps Noah built ride-on passenger carts pulled by teams of docile (but starving...) T-Rexs to willingly pull the travelers across the mud-slop, crawling over drowned and toppled trees and muddy filth all the ways back back home, huh?

Yep. Plausible as hell!

Old 12-15-2009, 02:51 AM

Default This Just In: Part One! Subsidence as Fact!

Recent studies by (gasp) scientists show that, over the past 10,000 years, the Louisiana coastline has sunk at an average annual rate of up to a third of an inch per year. This would clearly cause local "cities" located there to become submerged by natural causes, as early civilizations, intent on locating near the ocean's vast resources, would hardly be expected to understand such processes, nor plan for them!

Louisiana Coastal Subsidence | Mississippi River Delta Sinking

In addition (same link), as a result of the general melting of the massive Ice Age, this..

"A science team led by Erik Ivins of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif., hypothesized that Earth's very slow gravitational flow response to the weight of the sediments, combined with a 130-meter (427-foot) rise in sea level that took place thousands of years ago..."

Now that probably came as a it of a surprise to many cultures located even up-river from the ocean. Such a rise today would flood almost to the top of the Empire State Building!

Well, those durned facts again, huh?

Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 AM

Default This Just In: Part Deux!

BTW, here's a fascinating bit of reading on credible authors' research on early humanoid development, mtDNA tracing studies and conclusions, and the portions of the Earth that were covered by the various Ice Ages. The degree to which these events tied up waters, and then, when released, inundated coastlines worldwide, is fascinating!

Ice Age Civilization (http://www.valdostamuseum.org/hamsmith/iceciv.html - broken link)

But, I digress! Here's some new stuff about the current rates of rapid glacial retreat caused by global warming. On most of the planet's mountains, such as in Bolivia's once excellent ski areas, the glaciers have nearly disappeared, even at the 17,000 foot level. Now, what once was prime year-round skiing territory, is now rock-strewn, absent any glacial overburden.

Environment Magazine - Glacier Retreat: Reviewing the Limits of Human Adaptation to Climate Change

I can't find any direct refs to Ararat, but since we're told God intends to show us the Ark, this may be all His doing!

Because, soon enough, all that dahwgonned ice-cover up on Ararat, hiding the Ark, will be nothing but muddy meltwater, and the Ark, resplendent in it's one (or is it Two" Three? Or Four-piece? ...remnant condition), will be easily seen by any mook with a Cessna.

I can't wait! I hope it's within my lifetime, soz we can re-convene an all-new thread, about 2 - 3 posts long, showing, finally, clear photos of

(Waaaaiiitttt for itttttt....)

.....basalt-limestone outcroppings. with "vents" on top. You know, to keep the rocks cool, man!

From Thomas Paine's "The Age Of Reason", in which he pretty much puts organized religion and over-devotion to literal dogma rightly in it's place... this insightful piece regarding the consequences of an abject devotion to implausibility for the sole purpose of holding to a set of outdated and impossible beliefs:

"It is impossible to calculate the moral mischief, if I may so express it, that mental lying has produced in society. When a man has so far corrupted and prostituted the chastity of his mind, as to subscribe his professional belief to things he does not believe, he has prepared himself for the commission of every other crime."

Old 12-15-2009, 03:40 AM

Default NO! NoNoNoNoNo!!

Quote:
Well I must say NightBazaar, that is really some picture you got there. I don't ever recall seeing anything like that. Where exactly did you see that? If you could provide me with a link, I would really appreciate that.
Don't tell him, NB! Even if it's a complete hoaxy fake-up, it will become "The New Proof". "Science has now concluded..." Etc., etc.

A box-shape sticking out of the ice? Gotta be The Ark!

Old 12-15-2009, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Well Christians will actually look to see if there is historical evidence to support their claims.
But then, finding none, they invent whatever's necessary.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:52 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Well Christians will actually look to see if there is historical evidence to support their claims. I don't see that happening in a big way with the Islamic faith. So unless you can show me the error of my way, I don't believe you have a valid arguement.
So when are you going to start looking to see if there is historical evidence? Not just your bible and fundamentalist web sites?

Old 12-15-2009, 08:17 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Mod cut

After 1500 plus posts and numerous off topic discussions , how bout we just move on to something else

C L O S E D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality