Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 09:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,874,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Now if gawd could just regenerate an amputee's lost limb maybe then we would believe, but my guess is that science will splice the genes of that lizard that regrows lost limbs (or stem cell applications) with ours before gawd makes an appearance.
And when that happens the godzombies will be giving their god the credit for it. They will be bleating that their god gave the scientists the knowledge to do it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 10:14 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,378,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So, despite post #77....we still have no evidence of 'creation'.
The evidence is all around you. But the tools and methods of physical science are not designed to prove that God exists, there are better tools and methods to do that to one's own satisfaction.

I value both science and religion, each has a place in the discovery journey.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:18 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,378,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Sorry Justamere10, the ones in boxes are theists. Most of us heathen have come out of theism so we have been where you are.
Sorry you lost your faith 58, it happens, especially when people stop praying and start doing things God says they should refrain from doing. There's always repentance as a way back you know.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,874,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
The evidence is all around you.
I think that we are more concerned with verifiable, objective evidence ...rather than tree, flowers and clouds.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 AM

33,567 posts, read 37,182,394 times
Quote:
The evidence is all around you. But the tools and methods of physical science are not designed to prove that God exists, there are better tools and methods to do that to one's own satisfaction.

I value both science and religion, each has a place in the discovery journey.
What evidence is all around me? The tools of science cannot prove or disprove any myth, so saying that somehow you "see" evidence is merely your own self deception.
Evidence of which of the many thousands of gods?...How about the many thousands of gods that have lost status, and are no longer believed or worshiped today? Why would one god myth be better than another?

There are also thousands of creation myths...Every religion from the primitive to the modern has them. My point is that your myths are no more valid than any other.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,057,112 times
Quote:
Sorry you lost your faith 58, it happens, especially when people stop praying and start doing things God says they should refrain from doing. There's always repentance as a way back you know.
But I did nothing differently, just stopped going to church. I did not suddenly start whoring and/or beating my wife. I did not deconvert to follow some lewd lifestyle. 58 is my birthyear so I am pretty much beyond discos and charming the ladies and I am married nearly 24 years

Prayer is futile as there is no one that answers you. The voice in your head you imagine is gawd, is your own fabrication.

For me to go back, gawd has to put in a personal appearance, hell I might even accept a channeling, I do not have a donkey however I have two dogs and three cats. I had to get rid of the parrot because of his potty mouth

Old 09-29-2009, 11:59 AM

Must have been a pirate parrot.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,138,438 times
Like others have said here, the evidence of creation is all around us. We are the creation, we are the evidence. Of course you won't accept that if you don't believe there is a God. Which is why this whole thread is really futile.

The only way you can prove there was a creation is to prove there is a God. No one can do that with the hard scientific proof that is demanded here.

But likewise, the only way you can prove that there was no creation is to prove there is no God. And again, no one can do that with hard scientific proof that is demanded.

Its belief/faith either way.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Like others have said here, the evidence of creation is all around us. We are the creation, we are the evidence. Of course you won't accept that if you don't believe there is a God. Which is why this whole thread is really futile.

The only way you can prove there was a creation is to prove there is a God. No one can do that with the hard scientific proof that is demanded here.

But likewise, the only way you can prove that there was no creation is to prove there is no God. And again, no one can do that with hard scientific proof that is demanded.

Its belief/faith either way.
Not really. Proof of god is not required. There is plenty of proof of evolution, and that pretty much blows creation by some deity out of the water...Particularly young earth creation.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:06 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,138,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not really. Proof of god is not required. There is plenty of proof of evolution, and that pretty much blows creation by some deity out of the water...Particularly young earth creation.
Evolution is irrelevant. Evolution does not explain the creation of the universe. Evolution does not prove or disprove creation.

Regarding YECs, yes there is plenty of evidence against YEC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality