Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:53 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,173,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
What do you think happens to the other million life forms which all have brains, lungs, hearts, mouthes, eyes, rectal openings and genitals. Just what is it you think makes the head predator deserve something other than decaying flesh when it draws it's final breath?

Everything on this planet which lives is so similar that only the brainwashed or fools can possibly fail to get it.
There is one very important item that you've left out of this equation, and I'm sure the reason for this is because of the fact that you know absolutely zero about it.

It is true that there are millions of life forms on this planet and all are created in approximately the same way, except for the fact that we human beings have souls.

No other thing has a soul but us. This sets us apart from every other thing created, and as a result we are the highest creation of our Creator, our Higher Power, God, our Father in Heaven.

Now you may believe that I am brainwashed and a fool for telling you this, but would it interest you to know what every last relative and friend that you've known in your life who has died, are spirits living in the spirit world... the next world where we will go live also.

If you're not interested, then could you ever believe that, let's just say your Mom or Dad if they are indeed dead, is standing right next to you as I write this, just waiting for you to wake up and recognize that they are living spiritual beings and that one day you will be in their shoes and you will be where they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 01:59 PM

33,624 posts, read 37,274,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
There is one very important item that you've left out of this equation, and I'm sure the reason for this is because of the fact that you know absolutely zero about it.

It is true that there are millions of life forms on this planet and all are created in approximately the same way, except for the fact that we human beings have souls.

No other thing has a soul but us. This sets us apart from every other thing created, and as a result we are the highest creation of our Creator, our Higher Power, God, our Father in Heaven.

Now you may believe that I am brainwashed and a fool for telling you this, but would it interest you to know what every last relative and friend that you've known in your life who has died, are spirits living in the spirit world... the next world where we will go live also.

If you're not interested, then could you ever believe that, let's just say your Mom or Dad if they are indeed dead, is standing right next to you as I write this, just waiting for you to wake up and recognize that they are living spiritual beings and that one day you will be in their shoes and you will be where they are.
You state all this as fact....It is not fact, but merely what you believe, and perhaps that gives you some form of comfort...I choose to believe that the atoms that made up my parents are now part of the earth, or other forms of life. They are certainly not standing beside me.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:09 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,173,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You state all this as fact....It is not fact, but merely what you believe, and perhaps that gives you some form of comfort...I choose to believe that the atoms that made up my parents are now part of the earth, or other forms of life. They are certainly not standing beside me.
Well, I beg your pardon. It is a fact. And why can I say this with such authority, because I know my own soul. I can feel it.

Only those whose minds have shut off this possibility of feeling are in the dark.

When my mom comes and speaks to me, she is now a spirit and I can hear her talk. And the reason I can hear her is because my soul perceptions are open.

You would be surprised how many spirits are in your presence at any given time.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:15 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,571,702 times
I know some prayers can take years for God to answer, Example---I prayed to find a good man to marry. He came into my life years later, if he didn't instantly appear than we had to follow our separate paths to find each other and that can take a long time or short time but my prayers were answered in God's good time.

I prayed for an answer to a serious problem. I asked God what to do. I sat in silence and the answer popped into my head. Was it God's voice, I could say so but it came to me through my thoughts, I know it was the right answer to my problem and made things clear for me. It solved my problems. It was either God helping me at the time or my religious education coming back to help me, probably both really.

God will work in our lives but first we need to be open to Him. He won't force Himself on us but waits for us to ask. The sad thing is so many want to turn God into a puppet. Are you there God, if you are then hurry up and help me---oh I am still in trouble---you must not be there---thought so. And so it goes and the person is still struggling with their life.

I don't like when people snap their fingers at me when they ask me to help them and I am sure God is the same way. It's not time yet is what he is saying but so many are spoiled brats and want answers when they want them or else they will hold their breath and throw a tantrum.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:15 PM

Do you know the difference between fact and fantasy?

Old 11-07-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How can you tell someone else what they are experiencing is true or false? I bet you do not what them to do that to you. Why not afford them the same courtesy they give to you.

So what you believe and experience is fact and what others believe and experience is false? Ever thought God speaks to us in different ways?

Old 11-07-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Just curious - what made him wait so long to give us this "gift"? He could have saved hundreds of millions through the ages.
Because God cannot come down to earth and give us the medicine, man has to do God's work on this earth. He will not interfere in man's domain. Thus, many people had to come together to make that medicine, food, etc, etc a reality.

God could have saved hundreds of millions through the ages but he needed man's hands and minds to do it. Otherwise we would be in Heaven and not on this earth.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:31 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,569,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
we human beings have souls..
LOL!

Superstition is a belief for which there is noi material evidence. I already told you that!

Old 11-07-2009, 02:33 PM

Most scientists would say humans have souls. We are more than flesh and bone or we would never care if others lived or died. We would not care about them at all.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
How can you tell someone else what they are experiencing is true or false? I bet you do not what them to do that to you. Why not afford them the same courtesy they give to you.

So what you believe and experience is fact and what others believe and experience is false? Ever thought God speaks to us in different ways?
I didn't say it was false...I just said that it is a belief....Beliefs are not facts. Facts are only those thing that have evidence that can be confirmed by others...What is the blather about courtesy? Do you think it discourteous for me to express my opinion?
There is no evidence that souls, Gods, and the after life exist....Therefor they are only beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality