Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 04:58 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,181,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Would any of you biblers even know when Jesus returns since none of you have met Him in person? What does He sound like when He talks? What does He look like? If you did meet Him and He told you something contradictory to the bible, would you believe Him?
I can't help but chuckle at the artistic depictions of Jesus. He is shown as being a very good-looking white European male when in actuality he was a Middle-Eastern man. He probably was much more swarthy and plain-looking in reality. But, would people ever exalt a plain-looking Jew who lived a worker's life as the son of God? Probably not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 10:45 PM

416 posts, read 630,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
God's Divine Love is the evidence.

It is the essence of God and when it comes into your soul by simply praying for it with all of your soul's longings... you become at-one with God.

See how simple it is?

Nothing else matters but this.

As always... you do not have to believe this information I'm sharing, you just need to be aware of it.
Sounds something akin to a placebo effect. Well, if that works for you but don't bother trying to pass that jive on to me. I've lived that lie before.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:31 PM

190 posts, read 242,310 times
If you don't have anything intelligent to say..then it is better not say anything...Jesus will appear in the clouds for his people..if you have a relationship with Him you will return with him..no relationship then you will be left behind...

Old 11-14-2009, 05:43 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
maryann1256 wrote:
Quote:
If you don't have anything intelligent to say..then it is better not say anything...Jesus will appear in the clouds for his people..if you have a relationship with Him you will return with him..no relationship then you will be left behind...
Just out of curiosity, since the earth is a globe, how could Jesus appear at the same time on every continent? If he's coming from outer space how could be appear in North America and Australia at the same time? Just wondering.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:51 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,161,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunegames View Post
Sounds something akin to a placebo effect. Well, if that works for you but don't bother trying to pass that jive on to me. I've lived that lie before.
Oh, so then you have prayed for God's Divine Love and it bypassed you for some unknown reason.

Is that what you're saying?

The fact that it isn't a lie... well, you will know one day just how true it is.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:31 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Default What Will Happen When Jesus Returns?

Well......the three wise guys will have a fourth for Bridge.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:35 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
maryann1256 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, since the earth is a globe, how could Jesus appear at the same time on every continent? If he's coming from outer space how could be appear in North America and Australia at the same time? Just wondering.
Well, as everyone knows.....he is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings at a single bound-----But----- watch out for the green glowin' stuff cause Kryptonite bees powerful glow-y space debris !!!!

Old 11-14-2009, 06:58 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Oh, so then you have prayed for God's Divine Love and it bypassed you for some unknown reason.
Hmmm...I thought you stated earlier that God loves us all without being asked.

Quote:
The fact that it isn't a lie... well, you will know one day just how true it is.
And the threats just keep on coming. Complete with a happy face!

Old 11-14-2009, 07:13 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,925,363 times
I don't know for sure. But, from what I've heard..."Jesus is coming back and boy is he pi**ed!"

Old 11-14-2009, 07:48 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightuntoyou View Post
What is suppose to happen when Jesus returns?

Personally, I think he's going to look at all the TV preachers with the fancy soundstages and expensive suits that are clamoring for more, more, MORE money, and go all 'clean the temple' on their...err...rear...portions.

I mean, seriously -- I have a hard time believing that such people are doing the work of any god, never mind one that spoke nearly constantly about the necessity of humility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality