Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 02:14 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,252,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, Thomas the Apostle would not agree with your opinion. For when Thomas saw Jesus after His Resurrection, the first thing Thomas said to Jesus was recorded in John 20:28. And Thomas answered and said unto Him, (MY LORD AND MY GOD.)

And how did Jesus respond to Thomas after he made that statement?
Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen Me? Blessed are those who have not seen (AND YET HAVE BELIEVED.")

If Jesus did not want anyone to worship Him, he would of called Thomas on the carpet right then and there. Yet Jesus said, blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. John 5:30
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 02:51 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,979,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Ever heard the word "bunk."

You are believing in empty words. Seek and ye shall find the Truth.

Why do mortals not seek the Divine Love?

Note: The content from this website is in the public domain.
Well I believe Jesus, and Jesus stated that He was the truth. If you don't believe in the God of the Bible, who do you believe?

Old 11-15-2009, 03:03 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,167,223 times
Quote:
Well I believe Jesus, and Jesus stated that He was the truth. If you don't believe in the God of the Bible, who do you believe?
I believe in my Heavenly Father. I believe in Jesus as the Messiah.

They are not the same.

Jesus' Truth is to pray for God's Divine Love. That's all we need to do for our salvation.

Very simple.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I believe in my Heavenly Father. I believe in Jesus as the Messiah.

They are not the same.

Jesus' Truth is to pray for God's Divine Love. That's all we need to do for our salvation.

Very simple.
The Jesus of the Bible never said to pray for God's Divine Love. He did say, whosoever believes in (HIM,) will have eternal life. It appears you don't believe in the Biblical Jesus.

What Jesus do you believe in? And when did your Jesus tell you to pray for God's Devine Love?

Old 11-15-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. John 5:30
And this is the reality of the three in one God. Each has their own place, and funtion in the Godhead.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three (ARE ONE).

And they work together as ONE GOD, as you can see in the first Book of the Bible.

"Let (US) make man in (OUR) image and in (OUR) likeness.

Three different beings yet all = ONE GOD.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
The Jesus of the Bible never said to pray for God's Divine Love. He did say, whosoever believes in (HIM,) will have eternal life. It appears you don't believe in the Biblical Jesus.

What Jesus do you believe in? And when did your Jesus tell you to pray for God's Devine Love?
The Jesus of the Bible told his followers to pray for God's Divine Love. His message was lost as various versions of the Bible were re-written by different people who didn't understand his true Mission.

Remember what happened with his Disciples after he passed over and they received the Pentecostal Showers. This is God's Divine Love that they received.

If you will look in various books of the Bible, you will see references about the burning love. This is God's Divine Love.

You may have read in the bible about God's Grace. This is God's Divine Love.

I believe in the Jesus of the Bible. I don't believe in every word of it, especially when it claims he died on the cross to save our sins, which is erroneous. Common sense tells us that this phenomena is false.

In order for any of us to be "saved," we will need something to change the substance of our souls and that substance is God's Divine Love. A mere belief in a thing or occurrence will not suffice.

You may find out more information about this here: http://truthforallpeople.com

Note: The information contained at this website is in the public domain.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
And this is the reality of the three in one God. Each has their own place, and funtion in the Godhead.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three (ARE ONE).

And they work together as ONE GOD, as you can see in the first Book of the Bible.

"Let (US) make man in (OUR) image and in (OUR) likeness.

Three different beings yet all = ONE GOD.
So what exactly is the message trying to convey.

Substitute the word "Word" with "Divine Love"

You then have God, Divine Love and Holy Spirit.

Indeed, Divine Love and the Holy Spirit are from God and that is why it's so important to receive God's Divine Love in your soul... which is His very essence.

This is what Adam and Eve failed to do. And look what happened to them.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
The Jesus of the Bible told his followers to pray for God's Divine Love. His message was lost as various versions of the Bible were re-written by different people who didn't understand his true Mission.

Remember what happened with his Disciples after he passed over and they received the Pentecostal Showers. This is God's Divine Love that they received.

If you will look in various books of the Bible, you will see references about the burning love. This is God's Divine Love.

You may have read in the bible about God's Grace. This is God's Divine Love.

I believe in the Jesus of the Bible. I don't believe in every word of it, especially when it claims he died on the cross to save our sins, which is erroneous. Common sense tells us that this phenomena is false.

In order for any of us to be "saved," we will need something to change the substance of our souls and that substance is God's Divine Love. A mere belief in a thing or occurrence will not suffice.

You may find out more information about this here: http://truthforallpeople.com

Note: The information contained at this website is in the public domain.

So, are you telling me God can create the universe, He just can't get His Book right?

Who told you His message was lost?

And any message that contradicts Scripture, should never be believed.

And if you do not believe every Word of the Bible, then why believe any of it?

Common sense, and the prophecies clearly tell us, that God sent His Son into the World to die for the sins of the World. And that is clearly stated in both the Old, and New Testaments.

Don't depend on a website for your salvation, look to God's Word the Bible. That's why God put it here for us. And many generations from the beginning have looked to it. And long before any websites existed.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
So, are you telling me God can create the universe, He just can't get His Book right?

Who told you His message was lost?

And any message that contradicts Scripture, should never be believed.

And if you do not believe every Word of the Bible, then why believe any of it?

Common sense, and the prophecies clearly tell us, that God sent His Son into the World to die for the sins of the World. And that is clearly stated in both the Old, and New Testaments.

Don't depend on a website for your salvation, look to God's Word the Bible. That's why God put it here for us. And many generations from the beginning have looked to it. And long before any websites existed.
Jesus. He should know.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:20 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,931,487 times
Quote:

1) So, are you telling me God can create the universe, He just can't get His Book right?

With all it's errors, this would be a pretty good assumption, Tom.

2) Don't depend on a website for your salvation, look to God's Word the Bible. That's why God put it here for us. And many generations from the beginning have looked to it. And long before any websites existed.
And yet, you cut and paste from them all day long, even the ones that make no sense, or that contradict each other.

Hmmm. Convincing commentary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality