Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 09:43 PM

73 posts, read 88,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Can you ask him for me? Whether or not God created tigers is an objective question, so it wouldn't matter who asks him.
Without tigers our world wouldn't work. God created the perfect ecosystem. PERFECT to every letter. Without the tiger, the animals it eats would overpopulate the region. If that happened they would overrun other animals habitats and it would throw off the ecosystem for everything that lives there. Every animal, virus, etc has its purpose. Yes, some of it is brutal and harsh, but it all blends together. For example, us conquering the Polio virus has led to many other medical advancements, without this obstacle we may have not discovered some of the finer medical care we benefit from today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 09:53 PM

33,573 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbok23 View Post
Without tigers our world wouldn't work. God created the perfect ecosystem. PERFECT to every letter. Without the tiger, the animals it eats would overpopulate the region. If that happened they would overrun other animals habitats and it would throw off the ecosystem for everything that lives there. Every animal, virus, etc has its purpose. Yes, some of it is brutal and harsh, but it all blends together. For example, us conquering the Polio virus has led to many other medical advancements, without this obstacle we may have not discovered some of the finer medical care we benefit from today.
You do realize that Tigers and some other large predators are endangered do you?..I think I could live very well without many of the parasites that share our world, thank you.

According to you our world shouldn't work....But it does.

A mass extinction is under way. Human activity, not natural phenomenon, is the difference between this extinction and the five previous big extinctions that have occurred in Earth's history. The current extinction is driven by habitat loss, overexploitation of species, invasive species and pollution. All of these, the result of humans.

The current extinction rate is between 1,000 and 10,000 times higher than the natural rate. (International Union for Conservation of Nature, IUCN) Current estimates put the extinction rate at roughly 30,000 species per year which is about three per hour. By the end of this century, about half of Earth's plant species could be gone. (Pitman and Jorgensen, 2002) For an assessment of global biodiversity, refer to the IUCN Red List.

The 6th Extinction and Protected Areas | EarthTrends (http://earthtrends.wri.org/updates/node/356 - broken link)

Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,166,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You do realize that Tigers and some other large predators are endangered do you?..I think I could live very well without many of the parasites that share our world, thank you.

According to you our world shouldn't work....But it does.

A mass extinction is under way. Human activity, not natural phenomenon, is the difference between this extinction and the five previous big extinctions that have occurred in Earth's history. The current extinction is driven by habitat loss, overexploitation of species, invasive species and pollution. All of these, the result of humans.

The current extinction rate is between 1,000 and 10,000 times higher than the natural rate. (International Union for Conservation of Nature, IUCN) Current estimates put the extinction rate at roughly 30,000 species per year which is about three per hour. By the end of this century, about half of Earth's plant species could be gone. (Pitman and Jorgensen, 2002) For an assessment of global biodiversity, refer to the IUCN Red List.

The 6th Extinction and Protected Areas | EarthTrends (http://earthtrends.wri.org/updates/node/356 - broken link)
Well, the fact is that we are not meant to live on this earth forever... for all we know, one day it may cease to exist... only God knows.

And as far as plants and animals going into extinction... look at it this way... when God wants more, He'll create more.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,488,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, the fact is that we are not meant to live on this earth forever... for all we know, one day it may cease to exist... only God knows.

And as far as plants and animals going into extinction... look at it this way... when God wants more, He'll create more.
Very naive. With the present state of topsoil erosion (or so I've read) the planet could be facing mass famine in the future.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Very naive. With the present state of topsoil erosion (or so I've read) the planet could be facing mass famine in the future.
Well, I'm not so sure about that.

We don't know how much longer we're all going to be living on this earth.

One thing that's always amazed me about God is that He has created so many souls that are born into us human beings... at some point in time, and I'm sure He knows when this is... no more babies will be born.

When you see the birthrate shrinking dramatically, in my humble opinion, then that may be a sign that the earth is getting ready to turn off the lights.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:12 PM

33,573 posts, read 37,188,083 times
I don't think the birthrate is in any danger of shrinking for awhile....

World Population

Edit....Oh I like this clock much better....It has everything.

http://www.worldometers.info/

Old 11-11-2009, 11:17 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,036,579 times
Quote:
No... please wipe that ridiculous thought out of our mind.

God doesn't create disease or anything that kills anyone or any of His creation... as God does not go against any of His own laws.

And what law would that be... I'm sure you know it already... Thou Shalt Not Kill.

When you think of God... think of Love.
If God doesn't create anything that kills, then there isn't really much he created is there? All animals kill. We all kill. Even those that vow not to kill any living creature; there are so many hidden insects that it's inevitable. It's just the way the world is. So you might want to rethink your statement.

Last edited by LogicIsYourFriend; 11-11-2009 at 11:25 PM..

Old 11-12-2009, 03:26 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,781,990 times
Upshot is, So Cal. That there is evidence for evolution and some problems with a god - created system. The nasty stuff has to be explained away as 'bad seeds', whatever that means, or the regrettably neccessary.

The fact is that Nature is ruthless and obsessed with killing and mating and evolution explains why that should be but a God - creation does not and the believers have to fish around for some other factor like Adam's fall or Satan.

That may be enough to satify those who are determined to be satisfied by it, but it - like the OP video - is never going to cut the mustard of those who go by evidence.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:27 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,721,903 times
Quote:
So now you know how it is with God... but, in spite of all the rotten things His children do, He loves all of us beyond our wildest dreams.

There is one way to stop this bad behavior... and it's so simple... and I'll say it a million and one times here... all we need to do is pray for God's Divine Love.
Why would a loving god withhold his love unless we beg for it? Sounds kind of like a game played by a control freak, not someone who is mature and healthy enough for a stable long term relationship.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I don't think the birthrate is in any danger of shrinking for awhile....

World Population

Edit....Oh I like this clock much better....It has everything.

Worldometers - real time world statistics
Well, the fact is that you do not know how many souls are waiting to be born... only God knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality