Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 04:38 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,166,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
How about broken bones? If someone possessed the very essence of God in their soul, and fell off their bike, would they be protected against broken bones?
I would say that if someone possessed the very essence of God, they wouldn't fall off their bike. In fact, they probably wouldn't even ride one.

As far as broken bones are concerned, I don't have enough knowledge about spiritual healings, however, I do know they occur if it is at all possible. But sometimes, it is not.

The thing here is just using the common sense God gave us. If we break a bone, we go to the ER and have surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 11:46 PM

5,537 posts, read 7,123,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I would say that if someone possessed the very essence of God, they wouldn't fall off their bike. In fact, they probably wouldn't even ride one.

As far as broken bones are concerned, I don't have enough knowledge about spiritual healings, however, I do know they occur if it is at all possible. But sometimes, it is not.

The thing here is just using the common sense God gave us. If we break a bone, we go to the ER and have surgery.

Wouldn't your ER experiences often include/require some really nasty Satanic methodologies?

frinstance: biology, radiology, physics, pathology, chemistry, etc etc etc etc ? You know.... Clinical Science?

Last edited by Tantalust; 11-15-2009 at 12:01 AM..

Old 11-15-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Wouldn't your ER experiences often include/require some really nasty Satanic methodologies?

frinstance: biology, radiology, physics, pathology, chemistry, etc etc etc etc ? You know.... Clinical Science?
Indeed, there's a comedian in every forum.

Be nice.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,097,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
As far as broken bones are concerned, I don't have enough knowledge about spiritual healings, however, I do know they occur if it is at all possible.
The body by nature is self-healing. A broken bone, left "untreated" will reknit. In most cases (compound fractures aside) the only thing that modern medicine is capable of doing, is keeping the broken bones immobile in such a way that most folks can go on with their daily activities, within limits of course.

As for other unknown "cures" again, we know the body can do some pretty "miraculous" things all on its own, so when it corrects an abnormality, I can find little reason to ascribe such healing to some spiritual power. For theist the lack of a known cause for something must always fall into the default mode, god did it!

Old 11-15-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The body by nature is self-healing. A broken bone, left "untreated" will reknit. In most cases (compound fractures aside) the only thing that modern medicine is capable of doing, is keeping the broken bones immobile in such a way that most folks can go on with their daily activities, within limits of course.

As for other unknown "cures" again, we know the body can do some pretty "miraculous" things all on its own, so when it corrects an abnormality, I can find little reason to ascribe such healing to some spiritual power. For theist the lack of a known cause for something must always fall into the default mode, god did it!
Well considering the fact that God created every living cell in our bodies, it doesn't surprise me that He can also fix whatever is broken, if it is at all possible.

All I know about spiritual healing is that it can be done if the right conditions exist. There are many spirit Indian guides who perform healings on people. Also, I believe that doctors, after they go to the spirit world, may return to help whatever ails us, if we are in a rapport with them.

Sometimes it's not possible for spiritual healings to occur because of advanced stages of a disease or an organ is too far gone. It's best to nip it in the bud as soon as possible when an illness is discovered and not wait until the eleventh hour to seek spiritual healing... that's all I'm aware of.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:41 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,406,772 times
God created everything that was made (is this a biblical perspective or any god perspective?). So yes he made polio. God does not exist by some ethical code that has a metaphysic reality of its own. There is not a right and wrong that exists apart from god so that if god ceased the right and wrong would continue. If you think this, you have lost the god concept, at least at its furthest point of expression, say by Anselm. In your OT god does what he wants and what he wants will happen. Christians mess this up because they start from metaphysics or that the ideas of good and evil, right and wrong, ethics, morality, etc have an existence either universally or are part of a metaphysical universe and exist eternally on their own (such as, is the quantity 4 the same everywhere and even without the existence of god, or even a physical or spiritual world, would 4 still be 4?). Christians are to look at all this mess from the center of the christian world which is the incarnation and suffering and death of Jesus. Bad things testify to the darkness experienced by the christ, happy things testify to the grace given to the christ (I use these simple terms to keep this simple and pleasent). Remember the saying, "my god, my god, why have you forsaken me?"? -god suffers. Remember the delight of Jesus when his followers returned and cast out the satan?- god happy! All men are drawn to christ, your NT says so. All are witness (even the satan, read Job) and all are employed to testify to the glory that god feels he has at the incarnation and such. I know it ain't fair, and you will resist it, well, then you testify to the darkness that the christ suffered-see near the end of Romans 9 (atheist are a witness for christ, HAHA, probably better than many christians). But that is what you get with a god who thinks he owns what he has made and can do with those as he will and for some strange reason he really loves his son (I think you will also find this in you holy book).

Old 11-20-2009, 04:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,097,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
If you think this, you have lost the god concept,
I did, thank god!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality