Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 06:29 PM

22 posts, read 28,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Just remember that there is only God and each entity of the Triune has a purpose and without one of those entities there is no God.
well, thanks for clearing that up...

you say that there is only God and without the the triune there is no God ... yup, that makes perfect sense....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 06:44 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,580,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freethought View Post
well, thanks for clearing that up...

you say that there is only God and without the the triune there is no God ... yup, that makes perfect sense....

The finite cannot fully understand and comprehend the infinite. It's not suppose to make sense. But if God says "This is how I am" , we need to accept it.

Here's a very source:

Trinity Doctrine: Is the Trinity Biblical?

Loving the Trinity

Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,059,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
The finite cannot fully understand and comprehend the infinite. It's not suppose to make sense. But if God says "This is how I am" , we need to accept it.

Here's a very source:

Loving the Trinity
That is BS.

Why are we to merely "accept" what some goatherder said some 2000 odd years ago? If it is not supposed to make sense to us, how then did ME goatherders with far less knowledge and acumen compared to today's folk work it all out?

Secondly, the NT overwhelmingly suggests a binity at best and the concept of the hs being part of the godhead came about after 400 years post your jesus' alleged death and resurrection.

Not that this matters personally; as neither your god nor your jesus are provable in their alleged existence outside your big book. So too understand the triangular godhead, you:
  1. need to read the bibel which will make no sense unless you have the hs to "reveal" it to you
  2. you cannot find the hs unless you read a book which will not make sense
Yup, perfect logic, check your mind in at the door when entering said church/faith.

As an ex theist, I could do a whole better apologetic than this albeit still circular logic.

All these mysteries and the inerrant wurd of your god cannot come up with a rational explanation?

Odd that there are non trinitarians in your neck of the woods, but I guess them folks are not true believers, eh?

The reality is, the whole jesus story is a conglomeration of ancient pagan beliefs, each with their own triune and virgin born resurrected deity(ies), your triune one is just another in the long list of equally bizarre myths. At least the Jews whom you folk base your religion on are consistent with monotheism, it does not matter how you wiggle of squirm, the xian faith is one that has a polytheistic approach.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:02 PM

593 posts, read 893,489 times
Unhappy Explaining the Tinity

I'll give it a whirl as an evangelical christian. Firstly, in Genesis God sent
Moses the dialog of Genesis. (Gen 1:26) God said "Let "us" make man in
"our" likeness" This implies our assumes Father,Son and Holy Spirit the three manifestations of ONE God were about to create man and woman.

God out of love decided that the sinful nature established by Adam and Eve would be able to be repented (by those who believed in His son
Jesus christ or a free gift of salvation A blood sacrifice for all mankinds sin
would be necessary.

Jesus (co-equal with God or God in the flesh was not only born but born via conception by the Holy Spirit and Mary (the human element) and a lineage to the House of David (God favored David).

Why the human??? Well Jesus became the lamb (keep in mind in the OT the Messiah is to slay the Lamb or seemingly oddly ...himself! ("using" the Romans to complete the pact with God) But why human??? If Jesus wasn't human he could not have SUFFERED (and he did big time) and DIE on the Cross.

Prior to his death Jesus said some pretty legalistic seemingly blasphemous
stuff. Jew who knew the I'am is God, they ask if He was God. He relied
I'am he whom you speak. Well off to the cross on that one alone!!! Jesus
said "I and my father are ONE" "If you have seen me you HAVE seen the Father" "I'am the Alpha Omega the beginning and the end" "I comein
my fathers name" King of Kings Lord of Lords and so on (lots of God stuff)

The Holy Spirit is the comforter Since Jesus assended into heaven we now have His spirit in us . We pray for understanding and faith.

I like the doubting Thomas response when Jesus sprung on him post res-
urrection from the dead . Thomas finally "got it" and Said "My Lord and
my God"
Jesus said "No one goes to the Father but by me" This eliminates saints
icons ,people,relics,signs.that which has anthing to do with intercessory prayer unles to Jesus vigil lights,insense,ceremony,blessing , sacraments,
pagan entities.prophets,monuments (east ,west north or south).

Hope this helps there is much more but its late and my mind is fried lol.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:10 PM

6 posts, read 21,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
"some' of the early christians wanted to worship Jesus as 'God' while still worshiping only 'one God' so they came up with the convoluted theory known as the 'trinity',which appears no where in the bible....just my opinion,your thoughts may vary
early Christians??? Maybe Catholics..... It's all about syncretism people. I agree though, TRINITY NOT IN THE BIBLE

Old 11-30-2009, 03:39 PM

9 posts, read 10,694 times
You know what the trinity makes me think of? That movie "Sybil". Yeah, the one about that woman with mulitple personalities.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:55 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,970,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
I'll give it a whirl as an evangelical christian. Firstly, in Genesis God sent
Moses the dialog of Genesis. (Gen 1:26) God said "Let "us" make man in
"our" likeness" This implies our assumes Father,Son and Holy Spirit the three manifestations of ONE God were about to create man and woman.
Possible explanation, but here are some more:

Maybe that is the royal "us".
Maybe he was talking to angels.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:18 PM

45,824 posts, read 27,470,187 times
The Trinity is difficult to explain. There are definitely three separate beings acting in one purpose. All three beings are called "God" in the Bible at least once.

The best earthly example is God's design for marriage - "the two shall be one flesh." Two separate beings are one. I don't know how it works, but that's what God sees from His point of view - so I accept it by faith.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:45 PM

22 posts, read 28,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Here's a very source:

Loving the Trinity
Hmm...

Does your 'finite mind' fully understand and comprehend the infinite? As far as 'we need to accept it...' No, we don't need to accept anything that another person interprets as true. Because that is all it is: a person's interpretation. God did not write the book, and if there is such a Being, It certainly did not write the above two links.

Last, do you hear "God" speaking to you?

Old 12-01-2009, 11:02 AM

895 posts, read 2,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The Trinity is difficult to explain. There are definitely three separate beings acting in one purpose. All three beings are called "God" in the Bible at least once.

The best earthly example is God's design for marriage - "the two shall be one flesh." Two separate beings are one. I don't know how it works, but that's what God sees from His point of view - so I accept it by faith.
Ok so its 3 beings acting in one purpose. That makes alot more sense than what others said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality