Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 05:49 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,703 times

Advertisements

Ex centric beliefs give birth to eccentric practice. Ex centric practice gives birth to
avoidance of the belief through its nature of consumption in absorbing derailing objectives.
Therefore, all will excel without being derailed from the kindness of the core of a decent belief.
That means, no fanciful self distracting illogical theory's that serve only to conquer
self fear, boredom and esp insecurities of inadequate suggestions of the Masses.
Finally, reincarnation is the trump card in play of above illogical consequences
Story telling should be eliminated at a very young age, shame on adults who continue Thank you and the example of charity and peace is all I will regard as a
indication of the light that in 1000's of years will shine with its final blossom.
Yes, we are tomorrows dinosaurs and when in grasp of this truth we can start to
eliminate false pride and go forward. If you love , you need to know more of that which you love , so the science of physic's would be a good place to start with trying to get to "know" the creator and the expectations. This I find good reading , bereft I might add of some of the aforementioned groping efforts to think you
"know it all".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 05:53 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Do you believe in life after death?
Yes, I do. The reason I do is that I believe in a personal God, my Creator, the Father of my spirit. I cannot conceive of a personal God without believing in an afterlife. The mere idea is an impossible dichotomy in my mind.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
There's no evidence for such a thing.
Just curious... Assuming that there was life after death, what kind of actual "evidence" could there possibly be for it?

Old 12-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
I used to believe there had to be a TRUE purpose for our existence and therefore an afterlife was certain but after studying biology and observing organisms and animals...I thought to myself

"Why do we humans think we're so special that we get to live after death but what about all the other living organisms that have life just like us?"

I mean...animals have emotions...have fear, share love, give friendship, even cry at times...what happens to them?
They will also have a life after death. Why shouldn't they?

Old 12-12-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the part of us that is the soul or spirit is eternal it exists before entering the physical body, it continues to exist after leaving the physical body at what is called "death"
Where do you believe it was before it entered the physical body and where do you believe it is after it leaves the physical body?

Old 12-13-2009, 09:39 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Do you believe in life after death?

This isn't a debate about whether or not one goes to heaven or hell.

Just want to know if people believe that there is an existence after our physical body dies.
Yes of course there is life after death, our spirit body created by God the Father in His own image and likeness is immortal. As will be our physical body after it is resurrected and melded with the spirit. There is also life before birth, we lived for possibly aeons of time as spirit children of God the Father prior to having our turn on earth.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:00 AM

6,934 posts, read 6,866,775 times
It is not "of course" at all. Any more than it is "of course" that Heaven exists or God exists.

And I still have not got an answer to the arrogant idea that hominid forms are the God-shapes and everything else is not made in his likeness. This is a ridiculous assumption for any thinking person. It assumes that humans look like God does and it assumes that God is in a human form and not in any other form.

It sounds like one of those phrases in the bible that people have taken and remembered but not thought very deeply about and questioned. Is it some kind of sin to question something in the bible? Is it a big no-no to need answers to things that are not explained properly? Maybe questions are discouraged because it brings awkward moments where no-one on Earth knows what the bible really meant when it was written/translated/modified?

Quote:
There is also life before birth, we lived for possibly aeons of time as spirit children of God the Father prior to having our turn on earth.
How come no-one can remember any of these eons or anything at all that happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalangel2009
Well, most people are accepting something which isn't true... so sorry to tell you.
Because this high council spirit has told you? well, they just might be feeding you duff information or incomplete anyway. It is strange that most religions teach a life after death of some kind, but you make it sound as if we all wait in line as spirits to get our one chance to pop into a baby body and after that earthly life we are free to progress as spirit citizens.

You were the one who said that we did not swoop down and land in a baby body, but how do we get in there after this eons of waiting then?

Old 12-14-2009, 06:11 AM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is not "of course" at all. Any more than it is "of course" that Heaven exists or God exists. And I still have not got an answer to the arrogant idea that hominid forms are the God-shapes and everything else is not made in his likeness. This is a ridiculous assumption for any thinking person. It assumes that humans look like God does and it assumes that God is in a human form and not in any other form.

It sounds like one of those phrases in the bible that people have taken and remembered but not thought very deeply about and questioned. Is it some kind of sin to question something in the bible? Is it a big no-no to need answers to things that are not explained properly? Maybe questions are discouraged because it brings awkward moments where no-one on Earth knows what the bible really meant when it was written/translated/modified?

How come no-one can remember any of these eons or anything at all that happened? Because this high council spirit has told you? well, they just might be feeding you duff information or incomplete anyway. It is strange that most religions teach a life after death of some kind, but you make it sound as if we all wait in line as spirits to get our one chance to pop into a baby body and after that earthly life we are free to progress as spirit citizens.

You were the one who said that we did not swoop down and land in a baby body, but how do we get in there after this eons of waiting then?
God creates our souls, which are in His image and is invisible... our spirit bodies are not in His image. Our souls are created in the Heavens and each soul is a unit consisting of two souls, a male and female... these two souls, which have distinct personalities are attached to each other and are called soulmates. The real soulmates.

All souls live in the Heavens and at one point the unit separates and hovers around the earth until such time as the condition develops for each soul to be incarnated into a fetus... so this is when it swoops down into a mommie. Each soul has never been born on earth before this occurs and will only be born once.

After this incarnation, a spirit body develops to protect the soul and the spirit body is the exact shape of our physical body. Our spirit body and soul live inside of our physical body... therefore, we are three in one... physical body, spirit body and soul. It is very similar to an egg... there is the yolk (soul), the white part (spirit body), and the shell (physical body). When we cease breathing our spirit body with our soul inside of it moves to the next world... the spirit world.

And this is where we will live, never to be reincarnated into any human being and never will our spirits go back into the grave to resurrect a decayed physical body and never will our creamated bodies suddenly show up from out of the ashes so our spirit body can go back inside there and live on this earth again. This just doesn't happen and is nothing more than a myth and a false belief.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:42 AM

6,934 posts, read 6,866,775 times
OMG - which advanced entity is telling you this ? What planet are they from? Orion? Well, they have certainly found someone who believes them hook, line, and sinker as the saying goes.

Tell me, how do you know this stuff is true? What have they done or told you that can be verified or what have they explained about the science of it all? I asked before about merkebas as I feel sure they would give you those kind of teachings and I would be interested to hear what they have to say.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:40 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is not "of course" at all. Any more than it is "of course" that Heaven exists or God exists.

And I still have not got an answer to the arrogant idea that hominid forms are the God-shapes and everything else is not made in his likeness. This is a ridiculous assumption for any thinking person. It assumes that humans look like God does and it assumes that God is in a human form and not in any other form.

It sounds like one of those phrases in the bible that people have taken and remembered but not thought very deeply about and questioned. Is it some kind of sin to question something in the bible? Is it a big no-no to need answers to things that are not explained properly? Maybe questions are discouraged because it brings awkward moments where no-one on Earth knows what the bible really meant when it was written/translated/modified? How come no-one can remember any of these eons or anything at all that happened?
The op is asking for opinions and beliefs rather than "proofs" and debate, so I'll comment freely according to how it is with me, knowing that many others will see things differently, even perhaps some fellow Latter-day Saints.

You are skeptical and searching, that's understandable, and normal. But for me it is "of course".

Where I am today I could not imagine anything else than life the universe and everything being just a family matter! The sun, the moon, the lights in the sky, everything is just well-equipped day-cares, kindergartens, schools, colleges and universities created, furnished, and equipped for the entertainment, happiness, and learning of God's children. Within the structure and interaction of traditional earthly families: father, mother, sons, daughters, we pattern ourselves the closest to the way it is in heaven. The spirit part of our being (spirit body /soul/ ghost in the machine) is literally a child of God the Father, made in His image and likeness.

We are here as part of our growing up experience. As it is in schools and colleges we are exposed to instruction and learning experiences, being tested, making choices, some of those choices resulting in positive consequences (good grades and progression), some with negative consequences (failing grades and possible falling back to try again to get it right.)

In order to have this experience, a veil of forgetting our former existence with God and our spirit brothers and sisters for possibly eons of time has been placed over our minds and memories. One day that veil will be removed and we will remember who we really are, that we came here as the poet William Wordsworth wrote, "trailing clouds of glory, from God who is our home."

With that veil between us and our memories we can be taught and tested as little children are. A child will seldom disobey a parent when the parent is standing right there in the same room watching the child. The big test is when the parent is not looking. With that veil in place we have the illusion that our Heavenly Parent is not there looking on.

I realize that my beliefs as expressed above are not orthodox Christianity in the form it commonly exists for most Christians today. But then, who gets to define orthodoxy for everyone else anyway?

I have found that the best way to learn from God is to prepare ourselves to do that. Do our homework as best we can with what we have, think about it, reach conclusions, then humbly and sincerely ask God the Father Himself, in the name of Jesus Christ, if what we have concluded is true. He will usually respond via His Holy Spirit, sometimes (but not always) in undeniable ways. It gets easier and easier to get an answer from God as we gain experience doing it HIS way.

And once that sure and certain response has been received and we are prepared to be obedient to Father's counsel, then we can honestly say:

"For ME, it is OF COURSE!"

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1: 5

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/james/1/5#5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality