Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
I believe so. I know so. After all, I was born into a family of many generations that I'm sure is entirely Christian (or atleast of the Christian faith). This is something I am so glad about because at the time of my birth, my mother was not in the church, so it took what my grandmother had already taught her to fall back in line. I am so happy that I have that foundation in my life.

Rest assured that if you raise your child right, in the Word of God, no matter how far they stray from His path, they will come back. There will always be some amount of Jesus in your family for years to come. It's about having that foundation. I hope I answered your question.
With a pregnant 17 year old daughter, you just don't know how much I needed to hear this. I always believe it, and know it's true...it's just something about the reaffirmation that gives us hope!

Yes, I believe EVERYTHING we do in this life is for a reason and will affect others in SOME way. That's why we all need to sit back and think:
Am I doing this for the right reason?
Do people think I am really only trying to win them to Christ so that I feel good about MYSELF?
How do other's perceive me? Do I shine the light of Jesus, or am I arrogant and offensive?

I must learn to SERVE before I can LEAD...I must learn about the BROKEN I...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 11:40 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
With a pregnant 17 year old daughter, you just don't know how much I needed to hear this. I always believe it, and know it's true...it's just something about the reaffirmation that gives us hope!

Yes, I believe EVERYTHING we do in this life is for a reason and will affect others in SOME way. That's why we all need to sit back and think:
Am I doing this for the right reason?
Do people think I am really only trying to win them to Christ so that I feel good about MYSELF?
How do other's perceive me? Do I shine the light of Jesus, or am I arrogant and offensive?

I must learn to SERVE before I can LEAD...I must learn about the BROKEN I...
As some of you know, I put my son in a Christian rehab a bit over a month ago. He is 19 years old, very intelligent, funny and charming and so full of love and life.

He got mixed up with the wrong people after graduating high school and started down a path to utter destruction - very fast.

He experminted with drugs and drank. In February, he moved into a small trailer we had bought for him. (It had been sitting empty since graduation. with us waiting till he returned to us)

He was getting his life back together, and doing pretty good, until his friends would show up. He got his 2nd dui and was charged as a minor. IT was the day before Easter that I got the call. I left him in jail and went to Easter Sunday at church as planned and did not get him out till Tuesday. You will never know how hard that was for me.

My son told me that he did not want to continue down this path, he told me he did not like himself for what he had become. Bless him, he has never had any self confidence, although we tried to get him to understand how special he was to us and to God.

I got him into this rehab and he has been there just over a month. On one of his weekly phone calls he told me something that astounds me one so young can comprehend.

He said Mom, I believe God is allowing me to go through what I have because He has a purpose for me later in life

You guys I cannot believe the change in my son in such a short amount of time. The depth of his understanding is amazing, and his walk with Christ is now back on track.

To tie this in with the question: Most all the councelors who work at this rehab are former paitents. They have gone through this program, been given a second chance at life and have come back to use their experiences to reach these kids and adults of today. The office workers have some who have gone through this as well.

I believe God does allow us to go through things so we can be able to help others down the road who might have the same struggle. SO, yes, what we do will have an effect on future generations cause we are PASSING IT ON.

So Yes, I do believe what we do and how we live will affect future generations. Whether we do good or bad the future generations will feel it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality