Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2007, 10:34 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Ahem, and how does Interracial Relationships have anything to due with homosexuality in that of which Jesus sees as wrong?
Except that we're not talking about what Jesus thinks. We're talking about what people think. People have used scripture to support their biases for centuries, including those who opposed interracial marriage. Indeed, slavery itself was defended using scripture, so you see, it's not apples and oranges after all.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:50 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Except that we're not talking about what Jesus thinks. We're talking about what people think. People have used scripture to support their biases for centuries, including those who opposed interracial marriage. Indeed, slavery itself was defended using scripture, so you see, it's not apples and oranges after all.
Actually, what Jesus thinks/thought does tie into the foundation in what His followers think and believe. The point is that IR's are not listed as one of the signs of Christ's return. Not big enough to make the final list. And according to the posters original post:

If researchers confirm their belief that homosexuality is indeed either genetic or innate due to differences in the brain when the person is born would that change your oppinion as to if the behavior is a sin or not?

I am wondering because I think it isn't a choice, I think you are born that way. So if you are born that way then God must have made you that way and it can't be a sin to be as God intended you to be.

So would it change your mind if this is proved by medical science?

It does tie in to Christianity/Jesus. Basically, the above could be re-worded into, "If science could prove Jesus and his followers wrong.."

Old 05-27-2007, 10:51 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,088 times
Quote:
Ahem, and how does Interracial Relationships have anything to due with homosexuality in that of which Jesus sees as wrong? You really like those "apples and oranges," don't you? Now you want to involve race into this. Please. That is so way off topic and going into an IR is not "genetic" nor does Jesus even speak of those in IR relationships as being doomed. Homosexuality is in one of the many signs of Jesus's coming. IR's is not.

Homosexuality will be flaunted:

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

This is also spoken of in Luke 17:28- 30: "Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed."

Although homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of God, all sin is. I bring up this point because many Christians treat homosexuality as if it is the most unforgivable sin of all. Jesus Christ forgives all sins and we, His followers, should be reaching out to these people with love in our hearts that they might be saved. Homosexuality is not an unpardonable sin any more than any other sin is.
ehem, I think you are missing the point again. Your interpretation of the bible is subjective, you are imposing on somebody else something you believe to be true, while others disagree on, especially the people you are imposing upon.

I am not arguing that it is not true to you, but that it is not true to the people you are imposing upon, and bringing out quotes after quotes doesn't change the fact it is not true to the people you are trying to impose those rules on.

Do you want me to bring out the quotes from my god, the gospel of the flying spaghetti's monster and have you follow them? That is true to me, shall I impose them on you and expect you to follow it?

That is how it applies to interracial marriages, because you and them are doing the same thing. Here you are trying to use scripture, then, they were trying to use the reasoning that god created ppl of different races to keep them separated. They all used god.

But again, the main point is you are imposing rules on someone else that doesn't adhere to the same version of your belief.

Does it makes sense that you should live by the flying spaghetti monster's rules even though you don't believe in them?
It is an abomination to me that you are not drinking beer and going to strip bars all day long, that is what the real God, the great Flying Spaghetti Monster expects of you.

Last edited by person; 05-27-2007 at 11:08 PM..

Old 05-27-2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
ehem, I think you are missing the point again. Your interpretation of the bible is subjective, you are imposing on somebody else something you believe to be true, while others disagree on, especially the people you are imposing upon.

I am not arguing that it is not true to you, but that it is not true to the people you are imposing upon, and bringing out quotes after quotes doesn't change the fact it is not true to the people you are trying to impose those rules on.

Do you want me to bring out the quotes from my god, the gospel of the flying spaghetti's monster and have you follow them? That is true to me, shall I impose them on you and expect you to follow it?
I hope for your sake, you won't go into the "Flying Spaghetti Monster," how could I possibly take you seriously when I know you wear one of these during your Pastafarian services???

Flying Spaghetti Monster Hat

Man created Pasta.. therefore how does something that man created create man.. confused much??

I think so.

You are just a bowl of laughs! No pun!!

Old 05-27-2007, 11:14 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Actually, what Jesus thinks/thought does tie into the foundation in what His followers think and believe.
Except that we don't have Jesus available for comment. We have you telling me what you think Jesus thinks, based on what an ancient author thought Jesus thinks. It's quite a coincidence in these matters, that Jesus always ends up with the same biases as his followers.
Quote:
The point is that IR's are not listed as one of the signs of Christ's return.
Homosexuality predates Christ's first coming, so I fail to see how something that has always been, can be taken as a sign of anything.

Regardless, whether something is listed as a prophesy is irrelevant to the fact that people have used the Bible to defend bigotry.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
I hope for your sake, you won't go into the "Flying Spaghetti Monster," how could I possibly take you seriously when I know you wear one of these during your Pastafarian services???

Flying Spaghetti Monster Hat

Man created Pasta.. therefore how does something that man created create man.. confused much??

I think so.

You are just a bowl of laughs! No pun!!
Please don't make fun of my God. He is real and devils will try and confused you into thinking he is not real. Men made pasta in his image so that they could honor him. That is the way he spreads his message, and thats why so many ppl love pasta. It seems that you don't believe, shall I chastise you then for not following his rules or shall I impose his rules on you, or do you just want to live your way?

Old 05-27-2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Except that we don't have Jesus available for comment. We have you telling me what you think Jesus thinks, based on what an ancient author thought Jesus thinks. It's quite a coincidence in these matters, that Jesus always ends up with the same biases as his followers.

No such thing as coincidence, nv.

Homosexuality predates Christ's first coming, so I fail to see how something that has always been, can be taken as a sign of anything.
Yes, it pre-dates, but you are missing the part in where "Homosexuality will be flaunted." Big difference.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Please don't make fun of my God. He is real and devils will try and confused you into thinking he is not real. Men made pasta in his image so that they could honor him. That is the way he spreads his message, and thats why so many ppl love pasta. It seems that you don't believe, shall I chastise you then for not following his rules or shall I impose his rules on you, or do you just want to live your way?
Please impose his rules? Would love to hear them. Will still live *my way* - but hey, it's Memorial Day weekend, I have time - a late night for me - shoot from the hip and give me your best. Love to expand z'big noodle atop my shoulders.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Please impose his rules? Would love to hear them.
If you are drinking beer right now, you have satisfy the FSM a little.
And why are you not at a strip club(doesn't matter, male, female or gay) right now? You are not being a very good pastafarian if you don't do that.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:29 PM

Quote:
If you are drinking beer right now, you have satisfy the FSM a little.
And why are you not at a strip club(doesn't matter, male, female or gay) right now? You are not being a very good pastafarian if you don't do that.
Whatcha talkin' bout, Willis??? I'm not the Pastafarian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality