Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:24 PM

809 posts, read 1,862,596 times

Advertisements

As a Christian I've come to realize this over the past 10 years. the gradual blurring of the lines of good/evil creating a shade of gray.....TAS

We gotta get back to God yall. jus sayin'...if we don't were doomed. It's obvious WE as mankind are lost and constanly messing up the planet and it's people worse than before the flood of Noahs day.

I know the Christians are considered "kooks" by the world. but what solutions other than getting back to God's Laws that the Christians teach do the non-Christians offer to keep mankind form totally destroying himself and everything around him?

I'm open for answers. not trolling. thanks

Last edited by OneJackson; 01-20-2010 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 12:28 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,812 times
Just curious but what do you see as being so destructive? We've made monumental strides as a species, however I would happily argue that the notion of God does much more harm than good.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:30 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJackson View Post

I know the Christians are considered "kooks" by the world. but what solutions other that getting back to God's Laws that the Christians teach do the non-Christians offer to keep mankind form totally destroying himself and everything around him?
You're single largest religious group in the world. But the "whole world" thinks you're kooks.

You are 84% of this country, and you're in dire jeopardy from the remaining 16%?

Persecution complex?

Old 01-20-2010, 12:32 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,568,977 times
Quote:
I know the Christians are considered "kooks" by the world.
I don't speak for the world, but I tend to think anyone who thinks their way is the only right way to be a bit kooky. And it's not like Christians have the monopoly on that. I mean, I suppose you could be strapping explosives to yourself and trying to blow up buses full of people because you can't accept there are others who don't share your beliefs.

Don't you be getting any ideas now...

Old 01-20-2010, 12:32 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
How about a little bit of live and let live?

Your relationship to god is between you and him. You can, and should have that.

But you have no business telling me what my relationship to god (or lack there of) should or shouldn't be.

God is a big boy (or girl, or it) and can handle things on his own otherwise.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:46 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times
It is your Christian God your Christianity that has caused the vast amount of problems in this land, with the desecration of the forests and the natural resources of this land for your almighty Dollar, for the destruction of the animal life that you have brought to this land because of your arrogance and ignorance of your holy book that says you are supposed to have dominion over the land and yet you don't know how to live in harmony with it, oh you can live on it, but you don't know how to live with it and you have no respect for it and it is your Christian God and his holy book that has taught you that, you are the plague upon this land, you and your Christianity and it is you and your Christian God and his sacred book that will doom this planet and all life upon it.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:10 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
It is your Christian God your Christianity that has caused the vast amount of problems in this land, with the desecration of the forests and the natural resources of this land for your almighty Dollar, for the destruction of the animal life that you have brought to this land because of your arrogance and ignorance of your holy book that says you are supposed to have dominion over the land and yet you don't know how to live in harmony with it, oh you can live on it, but you don't know how to live with it and you have no respect for it and it is your Christian God and his holy book that has taught you that, you are the plague upon this land, you and your Christianity and it is you and your Christian God and his sacred book that will doom this planet and all life upon it.
Wow Ptsum ole buddy . . . this post is so uncharacteristic of you. What's up? The greed, evironmental pollution and destruction is not a religious phenomenon . . . everybody is doing it. Humanity at large is responsible . . . NOT Christianity (though I know from whence this animosity stems). Christians who follow Jesus . . . "love God and each other" and respect all life that we have been given Dominion over. Intolerant and self-righteous Bibleans, Churchians, Literalists and Fundamentalists of every stripe are another matter.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:22 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wow Ptsum ole buddy . . . this post is so uncharacteristic of you. What's up? The greed, evironmental pollution and destruction is not a religious phenomenon . . . everybody is doing it. Humanity at large is responsible . . . NOT Christianity (though I know from whence this animosity stems). Christians who follow Jesus . . . "love God and each other" and respect all life that we have been given Dominion over. Intolerant and self-righteous Bibleans, Churchians, Literalists and Fundamentalists of every stripe are another matter.

Yeah, I know, I shouldn't watch these programs on the environment. I guess it's only too easy to find somebody to blame for the situation that our planet is in now, I have lived far too many years and seen too many changes that are not always for the better in this land and it really upsets me to see the way things are happening and the lack of respect for the land and you're right I shouldn't pick on one particular religion or the other, because we are all at fault in one form or another, sometimes it is best to turn the TV off..........I do not mean to offend Christianity,there are some good people among that religion,just as there are good people among all religions,but it's a shame we only hear about the bad.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:38 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,633 times
'Getting back to god' isn't really a solution and tends to just perpetuate the problem. A good example of this is the AIDS epidemic in Africa. When Catholic missionaries go to Africa, they don't bother to teach the natives about things like condoms, which would actually reduce the epidemic a lot. Instead the missionaries try to 'save' the Africans by trying to convert them. The problem with this is that this method merely masks the problem. If 'getting back to god' did solve problems then you would expect problems like the African AIDS epidemic to be near extinct. This is not so. To answer your question, solutions are made through the use of reason and critical thinking.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:54 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
I know the Christians are considered "kooks" by the world. but what solutions other than getting back to God's Laws that the Christians teach do the non-Christians offer to keep mankind form totally destroying himself and everything around him?

I'm open for answers. not trolling. thanks
And my question to you is, why do you take it for granted that Christian teachings are the salvation of the world? I say to you as a non-Christian, that's a pretty condescending attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality