Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:22 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Since my grandparents have passed away where would they be at right now? They are believers of of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and I do believe they have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour and they likely have repented from their sins, I would like to believe that my grandparents are enjoying their visit in Heaven with our Heavenly Father and Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
Nobody here will know where your granparents are. I didn't read the posts but knowing this forum I would imagine there will be "worm food, a crystal palace on the sun, on a fluffy cloud at the foot of a giant bearded white guy or a sacred cow in India" presented as options.

I'm sorry for your loss. I miss my grandparents terribly too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Since my grandparents have passed away where would they be at right now? They are believers of of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and I do believe they have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour and they likely have repented from their sins, I would like to believe that my grandparents are enjoying their visit in Heaven with our Heavenly Father and Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
I believe that when we die, we go to a place that our soul is conditioned for. Most people who pass over arrive in the first heaven and are greeted by friends, family, etc. After a time, they will find their rightful place. if they had any unresolved issues, they will need to correct those before they move on. They have to "progress" their souls and become Divine before they see God or reside in His heavens. They may or may not see Jesus as that would depend on their beliefs and if they would recognize Him. I do know it does take very special individuals in order for Him to greet them like Mother Teresa.

I don't say this to scare you or put doubts in your mind. It's a Truth that our place in Heaven depends on our souls.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
I think the op asked a serious question. He apparently recently lost his grandparents and is still grieving..Maybe he came here for some comfort..Grief is a terrible thing to go through alone..

To the op..If you are a believer, just focus on the idea that Gods love is unconditional..Unconditional love is forgiving and merciful..It neither threatens or tortures..It wraps itself around those who have passed away in their belief and welcomes them home like the father of the prodigal son in the bible story..

I pray that His peace will surround you ..

Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,382,917 times
They are with you, as long as you keep the memories of them alive.
(that's what I've been telling my daughter since mother-in-law died)

Old 02-05-2010, 07:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,571,881 times
You can rest assure that they are in Heaven considering what you have stated. We miss our loved ones as they pass on in to a new phase of life,but that is the exciting part is that you will one day be reunited with them if you have accepted Jesus Christ into your heart and make Him your Lord and Saviour.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:22 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I think the op asked a serious question. He apparently recently lost his grandparents and is still grieving..Maybe he came here for some comfort..Grief is a terrible thing to go through alone..

To the op..If you are a believer, just focus on the idea that Gods love is unconditional..Unconditional love is forgiving and merciful..It neither threatens or tortures..It wraps itself around those who have passed away in their belief and welcomes them home like the father of the prodigal son in the bible story..

I join you, Miss Blue . . . well said.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:26 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,095,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
What I don't understand is why you would even post questions like these, since it's pretty evident that you've already got an answer firmly entrenched in your mind. Were you just trying to see how many people would try to tell you otherwise?
I've had people telling me different stories about where my grandparents might be and I was feeling concerned over it cause I've always believed that they were in Heaven with God

Old 02-07-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post

I've always believed that they were in Heaven and I've found alot of comfort in that until just recently.

Just the other day someone told me that we don't get to go to Heaven, instead we get to go to the New Earth when Jesus Christ returns back to Earth and that made me wonder where my grandparents were at right now, I've always believed that after you die you either go to Heaven or Hell although I would grately prefer for everyone to go to Heaven

Last edited by Mopac1980; 02-07-2010 at 02:44 AM..

Old 02-07-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
You can rest assure that they are in Heaven considering what you have stated. We miss our loved ones as they pass on in to a new phase of life,but that is the exciting part is that you will one day be reunited with them if you have accepted Jesus Christ into your heart and make Him your Lord and Saviour.
I do believe in Jesus Christ and I am trying to make him be my Lord and Saviour, also if I do go to Heaven after I die will Jesus be there?

Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 AM

454 posts, read 1,407,109 times
Quote:
I do believe in Jesus Christ and I am trying to make him be my Lord and Saviour, also if I do go to Heaven after I die will Jesus be there?
just because you believe in something, doesn't make it real!

so the answer to your question is: ofcourse not. don't be silly! after you're gone, you won't be going to a place/person that doesn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality