Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 04:54 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,767,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncole View Post
That's NOT how its done! We have no desire to circumvent Jehovah's proscribed method of gospel propagation.
Read Reply # 293 again - this time very carefully.
As Christians we always want to obey our leader, Christ.
These are HIS instructions:
“When YOU are entering into the house, greet the household; 13 and if the house is deserving, let the peace YOU wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from YOU return upon YOU.” (Matthew 10:12-13)

GO therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”” (Matthew 28:19-20)

If we refuse to GO, how will we get him to go with us?

“I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly (streets) and from house to house.” (Acts 20:20)
Jesus made the kingdom of Jehovah the theme of his preaching. His true followers must do likewise.
Which other group obeys Jesus in going from house to house, preaching the good news of God's kingdom as their primary message, letting people know that there is no hope of survival apart from Jehovah's kingdom?
Which other group is ready and willing to proudly bear Jehovah's name, just as Peter described?:
“Sym′e·on (Peter) has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name.. . .” (Acts 15:14)
"A people for his name!" Which other group matches that description? Are willing to publicly be associated with Jehovah's name? Are engaged in a worldwide house-to-house preaching and teaching work - in Jehovah's name?

“YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, . . .” (Isaiah 43:10)

Regardless of what you have heard about us, we have excellent credentials!

Mr Thunder,
This post should adequately answer YOUR questions.

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson
It is not my place to impose my beliefs on another, uninvited. If I am asked for them, I can expound on them at length, but I need not do so until I am asked. On a message board, it is tacitly understood that there is a request to express your beliefs, but not in public.

I don't like salesmen--of any kind. Now, if I want to buy something, and you facilitate the sale, that's fine, but don't try to get me to buy something when I'm not even looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 05:04 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,206,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post

I don't like salesmen--of any kind. Now, if I want to buy something, and you facilitate the sale, that's fine, but don't try to get me to buy something when I'm not even looking.
This.
In the history of Jehovah's Witnessism, how many people do you think they have legitimately converted? Two? Five? Seven?

What I think of JWs, alarm system salespeople, the kids selling magazines or anyone who comes to my door selling something: not much. I am blunt and rude. I know I am not buying whatever you are selling, not ever, so I will not waste your time and I will tell you in fairly non-negotiable terms to GTFO my property or I will a: call authorities. b: let the dogs loose or c: employ force to remove your annoying azz.

No matter what credentials wilsoncole et all wants to show me. I. Do. Not. Care.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:15 PM

335 posts, read 376,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
No matter what credentials wilsoncole et all wants to show me. I. Do. Not. Care.
But this is the penalty for not listening:

"You Can live Forever (1982, 1990) p.255
Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization — God's visible organization — that will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation." It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal… You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life…"

Old 04-24-2011, 06:18 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,206,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
But this is the penalty for not listening:

"You Can live Forever (1982, 1990) p.255
Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization — God's visible organization — that will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation." It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal… You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life…"
Ummm. OK.
I am OK with not listening sometimes.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
This.
In the history of Jehovah's Witnessism, how many people do you think they have legitimately converted? Two? Five? Seven?

What I think of JWs, alarm system salespeople, the kids selling magazines or anyone who comes to my door selling something: not much. I am blunt and rude. I know I am not buying whatever you are selling, not ever, so I will not waste your time and I will tell you in fairly non-negotiable terms to GTFO my property or I will a: call authorities. b: let the dogs loose or c: employ force to remove your annoying azz.

Even if in the market to buy a used car, I don't need a salesman. Tell me the cheapest price I can get a car for, and write up the bill of sale. Don't try to sell me something that's more expensive. Same thing applies in a store. I want the cheapest thing I can get. Paint, tools, whatever, I don't need "help" getting it.

I even prefer self-checkouts.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 PM

33,623 posts, read 37,274,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncole View Post
There's a reason for that:
“Wherever anyone does not take YOU in or listen to YOUR words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off YOUR feet.” (Matthew 10:14)

We will obey Jesus at all costs.

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson
Bull...I had to get really rude with them before they stopped...I had to remind them of one of the secrets you say they don't have...The one about how they protect all the pedophiles in that organization.

The Jehovah's Witnesses organisation keeps a sex offenders register that nobody outside the church is allowed to see.

Bill Bowen, who has spent his lifetime as a Jehovah's Witness and nearly twenty years as an elder, says the organisation covers up abuse by keeping this database secret.

His sources indicate there are 23,720 abusers on the list - who are protected by the system....

Jehovah's Witnesses secret database protects pedophiles | Lotus Opening - [domain blocked due to spam]

Old 04-24-2011, 09:48 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,905,746 times
what do you think of Jehovah Witnesses?

I don't think of Jehovah Witnesses much at all, about the same as Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterian, Lutheran. In the last ten years or so, the one that actually held my attention for the longest time, dang near 20 seconds was "The church of the orgasmic rutabaga". I figure it had to be a hoax.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:08 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,905,746 times

I don't, they don't bother me, haven't shown up at my door in the last 10 years, now......mormons on the other hand....

Old 04-24-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post

I don't, they don't bother me, haven't shown up at my door in the last 10 years, now......morons on the other hand....
Fixed it for ya.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:27 AM

646 posts, read 636,660 times
Quote:
This.
Legitimately? Can it be done illegitimately?
Let's look at the history:
Paul was a witness for Jehovah. As such, he made many trips in his evangelizing work and was quite successful:
“However, he would give a talk in the synagogue every sabbath and would persuade Jews and Greeks.” (Acts 18:4)

“But (King) A·grip′pa said to Paul: “In a short time you would persuade me to become a Christian.” At this Paul said: “I could wish to God that whether in a short time or in a long time not only you but also all those who hear me today would become men such as I also am, with the exception of these bonds (chains).”” (Acts 26:28-29)

“Consequently the word of God went on growing, and the number of the disciples kept multiplying in Jerusalem very much; and a great crowd of priests began to be obedient to the faith.” (Acts 6:7)

So - from a small group of 12 men, Christianity has spread to the ends of the earth just as Christ foretold:
“. . .YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de′a and Sa·mar′i·a and to the most distant part of the earth.”” (Acts 1:8)
Quote:
Calling the authorities does nothing to stop the work because it is quite legal.
Even some Catholics are considering the door-to-door work!
Dogs don't work either - sometimes they even help us.
Consider this:
"An Italian Catholic used to get annoyed every time Jehovah’s Witnesses called on him. So when his company transferred him to Singapore, he felt that at last he would not be bothered by them. But to his surprise, the Witnesses were there too. So he obtained two fierce dogs to attack the next Witnesses who came. When two Witnesses called at his home, out jumped those dogs. Terrified, the women ran for their lives, going in different directions at a road junction. As one of the dogs caught up with her, one of the Witnesses desperately grabbed two brochures from her bag and shoved them into the dog’s open mouth. At this, it stopped chasing her, turned around, and trotted home.

The following week, the same two Witnesses were making a return visit at a house across the street. The dogs’ owner was in his garden, and, surprisingly, he greeted the women and invited them into his house. He told them that he had never spoken to Jehovah’s Witnesses or read any of their publications. But he had been amazed to find the brochures in the mouth of one of his dogs. That evening he had read the brochures and was really impressed with them. Although he had been a Catholic all his life, he expressed a desire to study the Bible with Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Since the man was being transferred back to Italy, arrangements were made for Jehovah’s Witnesses to study with him there." .........
Door to door - Page 2 - Catholic Answers Forums

As he and his wife started to attend meetings, the parish priest angrily confronted them with threats. When someone set fire to their garden, the couple severed all ties with the church. This man now says: “I have already been witnessing to many of my family members because I want to let them know that Jehovah is the only true God.” (WT 92 1/1 p.7)

This work cannot be stopped by anything, including the legal systems:
Supreme Court cases involving Jehovah's Witnesses by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hitler's mighty juggernaut failed miserably.

Take a look at some of the legal cases that have been won over the years - cases that has served to ensure the practicing of freedom of speech for everyone in the US:

The Free Exercise of Religion
Court Decisions - Religious Freedom Page

Quote:
Jehovah's Witnesses are not salespeople. You can rest assured that we will never try to sell dope to your children nor try to get money from you nor anyone you know.

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

Last edited by wilsoncole; 04-25-2011 at 09:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality