Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:24 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,251,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I disagree. As I stated in my first post on this thread, I do not believe in reincarnation, but I do believe we've essentially always existed. When you speak of reincarnation, to me it implies that you could be reborn as another life form (a horse, a centipede, a hamster, a goldfish, etc.) and that a horse, a centipede, a hamster or a goldfish could be reborn as a human being. (Maybe you don't believe that and already said so, but I haven't followed the thread all that closely.) According to my belief (just restating it, as you may have missed it), God created our spirits out of the light and truth that have existed eternally.

To explain further, we existed with Him, in spirit form, prior to coming to earth. When we were born, our spirit entered into a physical human body, giving it life (at least temporarily). When the spirit leaves the body, the body dies but the spirit continues to exist as a cognizant entity. It does not go on to inhabit the body of a horse, centipede, hamster or goldfish. It doesn't even go on to inhabit the body of another person. It is uniquely ours and is not shared by multiple beings. During the time the spirit exists apart from the physical body it once inhabited, the playing field is leveled, so to speak. The cultural, physical, intellectual, emotional, philosophical and political baggage we hauled around with us throughout mortality -- due to the circumstances in which we were born and raised -- will be eliminated and everyone will have the opportunity to see things more clearly than they did during their relatively brief mortality. Eventually, when all have had the opportunity to make choices and decisions that really matter, without the constraints of mortality, our spirits will re-enter our bodies. Our bodies, however, will have been made new and perfect and, because our spirits will never again leave our bodies, we will be made immortal. We will then have the priviledge of progressing forever, learning and growing throughout eternity -- just in one single perfect human body.
when the body dies,it dies,and thats it ,it will gradually change back into the gross material elements but it will cease to exist as a body,the soul will always remain a soul and just as the soul enters the body in this life it will enter another one at death,to be born an animal after being human is a big degradation,if you read one of the other posts i wrote a page or two back you'll see i gave an example of a murderer coming back as a lion,im not saying that every murderer will come back as a lion,maybe a lions body is even too good for such a cold bluded killer but i was just using an example.
it is said that before we get a human body we would have been through nearly every species of life before the human stage,its like an evolution of consioussness,the animals are moving through different levels of consiossness and in time all with get a chance to be human,after all its only fair.

when you say that we existed with him in spirit before this life are you talking about everyone?if so then why are some people evil,why are people suffering more than others if weve all come directly from the kingdom of God then their wouldnt be so much diversity, everyone would get the same chance,if you beleive that everyone will automatically return to this plane like the rverend 111 is saying,then what is even the point of this existance, people are suffering for nothing, as if life is just one big experiment,Gods not a kid with an ant farm.

Last edited by dobeable; 03-11-2010 at 11:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 11:47 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,027,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
when the body dies,it dies,and thats it ,it will gradually change back into the gross material elements but it will cease to exist as a body,the soul will always remain a soul and just as the soul enters the body in this life it will enter another one at death,to be born an animal after being human is a big degradation,if you read one of the other posts i wrote a page or two back you'll see i gave an example of a murderer coming back as a lion,im not saying that every murderer will come back as a lion,maybe a lions body is even too good for such a cold bluded killer but i was just using an example.
it is said that before we get a human body we would have been through nearly every species of life before the human stage,its like an evolution of consioussness,the animals are moving through different levels of consiossness and in time all with get a chance to be human,after all its only fair.

when you say that we existed with him in spirit before this life are you talking about everyone?if so then why are some people evil,why are people suffering more than others if weve all come directly from the kingdom of God then their wouldnt be so much diversity, everyone would get the same chance,if you beleive that everyone will automatically return to this plane like the rverend 111 is saying,then what is even the point of this existance, people are suffering for nothing, as if life is just one big experiment,Gods not a kid with an ant farm.
God gave us this gift to live on this earth because He cannot experience this life. We do it for Him. Another reason we are here is to become individuals. The third, is to make our way back to Him.

The reason why people suffer so much is because we are still in the after effects of the Lucifer rebellion. We pass down those traits and slowly, they are disappearing. We weren't meant to go to war, starve, murder or anything negative. We were created for Love out of Love. It was over a million years ago that Lucifer rebelled against God and the waves are still flowing. Even though he is no more, we still have to fix the problems.
God sent us here to Love one another. Be in the world without being of it. Just BE. No one understands that because most people like conflict. It's too easy to just be so they create things so that they can struggle through.

If we would all just BE, be Love, there would be no more suffering. I just don't understand why people don't get it. To be in the world without being of it. We are not from this world so why would God send us back once we completed the mission of becoming individuials with a personality. It's just not the way God created us. We don't belong here no matter what we do to ourselves. There is no reason to come back and try to perfect our souls when we can do that in the spirit world. It is our soul that is important, not the marterial body in what ever form we are. We belong in the spirit world.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:25 PM

10 posts, read 14,252 times
Sorry if i'm imposing on this thread but I have a question for the Reverend1111, how do feel about mediumship and about what the bible says on the practice of contacting those who are departed?

Old 03-11-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
God gave us this gift to live on this earth because He cannot experience this life. We do it for Him. Another reason we are here is to become individuals. The third, is to make our way back to Him.

The reason why people suffer so much is because we are still in the after effects of the Lucifer rebellion. We pass down those traits and slowly, they are disappearing. We weren't meant to go to war, starve, murder or anything negative. We were created for Love out of Love. It was over a million years ago that Lucifer rebelled against God and the waves are still flowing. Even though he is no more, we still have to fix the problems.
God sent us here to Love one another. Be in the world without being of it. Just BE. No one understands that because most people like conflict. It's too easy to just be so they create things so that they can struggle through.

If we would all just BE, be Love, there would be no more suffering. I just don't understand why people don't get it. To be in the world without being of it. We are not from this world so why would God send us back once we completed the mission of becoming individuials with a personality. It's just not the way God created us. We don't belong here no matter what we do to ourselves. There is no reason to come back and try to perfect our souls when we can do that in the spirit world. It is our soul that is important, not the marterial body in what ever form we are. We belong in the spirit world.
there is nothing God cant experience thats why He is supreme, their are no limitations to God no matter what way you look at it.
Krishna was here 5000 years ago to play the part of an ordinary human being although he was no ordinary human being, he makes that clear Himself in the Gita,-"I am the scource of everything;from Me the entire creation flows"(10.8)"their is no truth superior to Me"(7.7)"bye all the vedas I am to be known"(15.15)
Arjuna prays to Krishna"You are the supreme Brahman,the ultimate,...the absolute truth and the eternal divine person.You are the primal God,transcendental and original...."(10.12),"You are the original personality,the Godhead...."(11.38)
throughout the gita krishna is called Purrushottama("the Supreme Person"),Parabrahman("the Supreme Brahman"),Adideva(the original Lord"0,Parameshvara(2the Supreme controller"),and so on.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
It's the "reap what you sow" thing.
We can cease to exist. When we do so many bad things beyond rehabilitation, we can be annihilated. It would be by our own choosing and not God's. He wants us all back but it's is us who must do the choosing.

When a person ends up in hell (darkness) they do so by their own choosing. GOd does not put us there but His Laws. They remain in perfect order and when one fails to love, those laws go into affect. When one walks in Love, the laws are removed because Love is the Law.
what would be the point in annihalating someone when reincarnation works so much better,live and let live no,
their was a question once asked between a group of sages and the question was this--What is inevitable for all beings?,and the awnser was HAPPINESS.
their would be no point sending souls here just to watch them suffer and then be anihalated.God knows the future.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscordell View Post
Sorry if i'm imposing on this thread but I have a question for the Reverend1111, how do feel about mediumship and about what the bible says on the practice of contacting those who are departed?
I'm all for mediumship when the medium is highly developed in their soul. Your average everyday street corner medium will not cut it. I prefer mediums who abide in God's Divine Love and who channel those higher Truths that only a soul developed in Divine Love could bring.

The bible has been edited by men who want to control. There was a time when women were better priests than men. Those same women talked with spirits and those spirits guided them to do good amongst the world. Men came along a threw those same women in prisons, murdered them and did horrible things to them in the name of God. Those same men wrote in the bible that spirit communication was evil and not of God.

God gave those gifts to all humans. We were created to communicate with the spirit world as that is God's plan. Those spirits are to guide us through this life. After the fall of the first parents that gift was taken away and we have slowly been getting it back. Yes, there are deceivers in the world and there are also great channelers as well.

The bible is for guidance only and is not the word of God. I don't believe anyone should have to hide their God given gifts just because another human wants to control the outcome.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
there is nothing God cant experience thats why He is supreme, their are no limitations to God no matter what way you look at it.
Krishna was here 5000 years ago to play the part of an ordinary human being although he was no ordinary human being, he makes that clear Himself in the Gita,-"I am the scource of everything;from Me the entire creation flows"(10.8)"their is no truth superior to Me"(7.7)"bye all the vedas I am to be known"(15.15)
Arjuna prays to Krishna"You are the supreme Brahman,the ultimate,...the absolute truth and the eternal divine person.You are the primal God,transcendental and original...."(10.12),"You are the original personality,the Godhead...."(11.38)
throughout the gita krishna is called Purrushottama("the Supreme Person"),Parabrahman("the Supreme Brahman"),Adideva(the original Lord"0,Parameshvara(2the Supreme controller"),and so on.
I'm not a Krishna follower so he means nothing to me. There are great leaders and there have been all over the world. Each "religion" is based off of their particular Messiah.

There is only one God, the Creator of all that is. He is alone, by himself. Krishna is not that God but he was one of the great leaders just as Jesus was to the Christian religion. Now, there is more to Jesus but I will leave it at that.

We have different beliefs. We agree to disagree and no matter what I say, you will still keep your beliefs even if I could show you a lot more than I already have.

Ask God to show you the truth and be willing to accept whatever He shows you even if it doesn't agree with your current beliefs.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
what would be the point in annihalating someone when reincarnation works so much better,live and let live no,
their was a question once asked between a group of sages and the question was this--What is inevitable for all beings?,and the awnser was HAPPINESS.
their would be no point sending souls here just to watch them suffer and then be anihalated.God knows the future.
Because once a soul chooses, by his own free will, God will not send them back a million and one times just to have the same outcome. No, once this material life is over, we are forever spirit/soul.

Our purpose is to get back to the Love we were created for. We can do that in the spirit world. We are spirit first and formost and, once returned, no need to redo something that is impossible to do.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
I'm not a Krishna follower so he means nothing to me. There are great leaders and there have been all over the world. Each "religion" is based off of their particular Messiah.

There is only one God, the Creator of all that is. He is alone, by himself. Krishna is not that God but he was one of the great leaders just as Jesus was to the Christian religion. Now, there is more to Jesus but I will leave it at that.

We have different beliefs. We agree to disagree and no matter what I say, you will still keep your beliefs even if I could show you a lot more than I already have.

Ask God to show you the truth and be willing to accept whatever He shows you even if it doesn't agree with your current beliefs.
their is mire knowledge about God in the vedas than probly all the other religions in the world,they are the oldest scriptures,Krishna is God Himself,Bhagavan,the Personality of God,He has many forms and many names,He is forever expanding his energys,God is one,you cant put a limit onto God,you cant confine Him to one space in time, He is all pervasive,and his different avatars show different qualitys,Rama is virtuosity and nobility personified,while Vishnu is power and Majesty personified as for Krishna He is Love Personified,God is Love,and while he was temporarily displaying his eternal pastimes on earth 5000 years ago he displayed amazing features,there were deamons wholly bent on his destruction and he killed them all even when he was a kid he rid the world of many demons, he lifted Govardana hill on his finger for a whole week and saved the village of Vrindavana from torrents of rain when he was just a boy,he also showed Arjuna his universal form and married 16108 wives and lived simutaniously with them all bye expanding Himself into 16108 Krishnas and each one thought they were the only one with him,when lord Brahma,the highest demigod,who resides over the mode of passion and is the creator God,tried to play a trick on Krishna bye taking away all the cows and his freinds but Krishna simply turned himself into all the cows and boys and went home,one of Brahmas days is trillions of years on this planet and it only took him a second to realize who he wes playin this trick on but a whole year had passed here and all the inhabitants couldnt understand why they loved their sons so much that year,Krishnas life is recorded in the vedas right from his birth to when he dissapeared from the planet,their are two books,simply called Krishna,these two books are about twice the size of the bible and they are all about Krishna,their is no other personality that displayed such pastimes on earth who else could have shown their universal form which includes all of Krishnas expansions,no mate ive already found God and he showed me the truth,as i said the vedas are a science in themselves,and every self realized soul and all the demigods say they live to serve Krishna or any of his innumarable forms,

Old 03-12-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
their is mire knowledge about God in the vedas than probly all the other religions in the world,they are the oldest scriptures,Krishna is God Himself,Bhagavan,the Personality of God,He has many forms and many names,He is forever expanding his energys,God is one,you cant put a limit onto God,you cant confine Him to one space in time, He is all pervasive,and his different avatars show different qualitys,Rama is virtuosity and nobility personified,while Vishnu is power and Majesty personified as for Krishna He is Love Personified,God is Love,and while he was temporarily displaying his eternal pastimes on earth 5000 years ago he displayed amazing features,there were deamons wholly bent on his destruction and he killed them all even when he was a kid he rid the world of many demons, he lifted Govardana hill on his finger for a whole week and saved the village of Vrindavana from torrents of rain when he was just a boy,he also showed Arjuna his universal form and married 16108 wives and lived simutaniously with them all bye expanding Himself into 16108 Krishnas and each one thought they were the only one with him,when lord Brahma,the highest demigod,who resides over the mode of passion and is the creator God,tried to play a trick on Krishna bye taking away all the cows and his freinds but Krishna simply turned himself into all the cows and boys and went home,one of Brahmas days is trillions of years on this planet and it only took him a second to realize who he wes playin this trick on but a whole year had passed here and all the inhabitants couldnt understand why they loved their sons so much that year,Krishnas life is recorded in the vedas right from his birth to when he dissapeared from the planet,their are two books,simply called Krishna,these two books are about twice the size of the bible and they are all about Krishna,their is no other personality that displayed such pastimes on earth who else could have shown their universal form which includes all of Krishnas expansions,no mate ive already found God and he showed me the truth,as i said the vedas are a science in themselves,and every self realized soul and all the demigods say they live to serve Krishna or any of his innumarable forms,
I have no problem with you believing in that, just don't feel that I need to. I get my trths through channeled messages from Celestials. I also get them from spirits from other planets. I believe in God and I believe in Love. Anything else is not necessary for my soul to progress. My soul will not progress any faster if I believe Krishna over Jesus, or if Krishna is more powerful than Jesus. False beliefs will fall away as we become more in harmony with God. That is done through Divine Love. If something rings true to my soul, I will believe it if it's necessary to progress. Other than that, I really don't care one way or another who is who or who did what and when. God is my Father and He is Love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality