Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 09:42 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,056,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quranist View Post
These forums are for discussion, NOT proselytizing!

What the hell is the difference. I think its just the inability to counter my arguments. Happens all the time. Educate yourself then you won't feel frustrated. Don't get your knowledge from Fox News and Glenn Beck.

Having a discussion if for the exchange of information.....

Telling folks you have the only truth is not an exchange of information but proselytizing.......

Most of the Muslims who come to this board aren't interested in an exchange of ideas but to push their ideas.......

Having an exchange of ideas is not so much to prove others wrong but to grow in an understanding of the other......

Learning is about the other and accepting that they are comfortable with what they believe or don't believe........

Again you fall to sarcastic responses.... And I can't stand Glenn Beck or Fox news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 09:52 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,293,841 times
Your premise that jews and christians don't compare mohammed to the prophets is in error. We do, and that's one reason that we wholly discount nearly everything that came out of his mouth.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:33 AM

64,087 posts, read 40,368,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quranist View Post
These forums are for discussion, NOT proselytizing!

What the hell is the difference. I think its just the inability to counter my arguments. Happens all the time. Educate yourself then you won't feel frustrated. Don't get your knowledge from Fox News and Glenn Beck.
Your failure to understand the difference IS the problem!! I probably know more about your precious Qu'ran than you do (though I never wasted my time memorizing it) . . . including the abrogation principle, taquiyya and the hadiths. Your proselytizing lies and deceit will be of no avail here.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 AM

69 posts, read 95,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Having a discussion if for the exchange of information.....

Telling folks you have the only truth is not an exchange of information but proselytizing.......

Most of the Muslims who come to this board aren't interested in an exchange of ideas but to push their ideas.......

Having an exchange of ideas is not so much to prove others wrong but to grow in an understanding of the other......

Learning is about the other and accepting that they are comfortable with what they believe or don't believe........

Again you fall to sarcastic responses.... And I can't stand Glenn Beck or Fox news.
I have lots of experience so i know the talking points.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:43 AM

69 posts, read 95,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Your premise that jews and christians don't compare mohammed to the prophets is in error. We do, and that's one reason that we wholly discount nearly everything that came out of his mouth.
The Koran condemned the Trinity so Catholics and Protestants are not going to accepted regardless of what it says.

The Koran confirmed Jesus and proclaimed him the Messiah. The Jews won't accept that no matter what the Koran says.

If you don't know that then you don't know Christianity and Judaism at least not the mainstream parts of it. There are of course smaller interpretations.

The Trinity is the most important theological concept for Catholicism and protestanism.

The rejecting of Jesus as the Mesiah is the most important Jewish communal concept. Rabbis in israel would deem any one who accepts Jesus as the Messiah a straight traitor. Forget all that shared values and Judeo-Christian stuff. Thats post WW2 terminologies that never existed neither in Jewish history or Christian history and certainy not in American history. These are talking points. Google it if you don't believe me.

I don't feel intellectually challenged here.

Last edited by Quranist; 09-24-2010 at 11:01 AM..

Old 09-26-2010, 12:19 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
I find it absolutely funny that his precious Qur'an gives more glory to Jesus than Mohammed yet he still follows this murdering pedophile.

Mohammed just got pissed that Jews and Christians rejected him after his BS attempt to placate them and then went on a rampage of hate justified by self serving and convienient surahs by one of the pagan gods at the Kaaba which had sons and daughters - of course he got rid of those in his endevors to be one of the prophets, in God's succession, among the Jews and Christians - he failed and was rejected - hence here we are today dealing with his legacy.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I find it absolutely funny that his precious Qur'an gives more glory to Jesus than Mohammed yet he still follows this murdering pedophile.

Mohammed just got pissed that Jews and Christians rejected him after his BS attempt to placate them and then went on a rampage of hate justified by self serving and convienient surahs by one of the pagan gods at the Kaaba which had sons and daughters - of course he got rid of those in his endevors to be one of the prophets, in God's succession, among the Jews and Christians - he failed and was rejected - hence here we are today dealing with his legacy.

Sort of a pattern. Islam isn't the only religion to behave like this when others don't abandon their own religion to follow the new one. Christianity behaved the same way towards the Jews.

Both Christianity and Islam are religions that believe they have the only truth and that non believers need to be converted to gain Heaven. Christians and Muslims have violently attacked those who they see as rejecting their message.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Sort of a pattern. Islam isn't the only religion to behave like this when others don't abandon their own religion to follow the new one. Christianity behaved the same way towards the Jews.

Both Christianity and Islam are religions that believe they have the only truth and that non believers need to be converted to gain Heaven. Christians and Muslims have violently attacked those who they see as rejecting their message.
Yes, I hear you but there are vast differences between Jesus and Mohammed. Early Christians did not go an a rampage of Jewish persucution when they rejected them and Jesus - in fact it was the other way around. That is the foundation of Christianity despite the sporadic justifications of persecution from later so-called Christians - Christianity is based on the teachings of Christ and His life and the writings found in the NT - which is wholly contray to those justifications. I can't say the same for Islam.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yes, I hear you but there are vast differences between Jesus and Mohammed. Early Christians did not go an a rampage of Jewish persucution when they rejected them and Jesus - in fact it was the other way around. That is the foundation of Christianity despite the sporadic justifications of persecution from later so-called Christians - Christianity is based on the teachings of Christ and His life and the writings found in the NT - which is wholly contray to those justifications. I can't say the same for Islam.

No they first went on a rampage against their fellow christians who they deemed heretics, then they went after the Jews which continued up to the modern era. They also went after the Muslims.

Christianity wasn't much different then Islam....

Old 09-26-2010, 01:56 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
No they first went on a rampage against their fellow christians who they deemed heretics, then they went after the Jews which continued up to the modern era. They also went after the Muslims.

Christianity wasn't much different then Islam....
You mean Catholicism -which was later. 1st Century Christianity did nothing of the sort. Can you give me some comparitive examples? And where in the NT and Jesus teaching do you find such a basis?

Otherwise, I think you are just spouting your generalized frustration for all things 'religous.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality