Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:32 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,380,684 times

Advertisements

Saying prayers for all of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 07:49 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,946,552 times
Default Sorry for your loss.

LibVoice: I've just now returned from my hometown where I memorialized my father. He was also a grandfather and great-grandfather to a large extended family, tho' of the immediate family, myself and brother and my mother, only I remain now. Feels distinctly lonely for me, and I did feel badly that, tho' the nursing home staff had warned me, long-distance, a few days before dad passed that he was near death, I didn't rush back up there. Of course, he would not have known because he'd slipped into a permanent sleep. Fortunately I'd said goodbye the previous week.

My father had a major influence on my life, which took me some time to realize and appreciate; possibly having a family of my own, three kids and maturity, to come to the full realization of how we interact with and value our parents and our own children. It's possibly only in experiencing family deaths that we begin to understand our true and heartfelt relationships with family members.

Death does bring such understanding after a time, and I think it finally does make you a better person, wherein you see the value, the intensity of family feelings that we tend to take for granted. So in reality, though you have feelings of loss and sadness, your grandfather's passing may have made you a fuller, more understanding person, more attuned to the important and valuable things in life. You can thank him eternally for that.

My sincere condolences.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:00 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,846,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I was wondering. I have never had a family member die before so this is my first. I am taking it fairly well though since I have seen my grandfather suffer for a long time. I am not sure if it will hit me even more when he does pass away.

Even though I am an atheist, I know my grandfather kept God close to him. So if anyone does wish to pray for him to peacefully pass over, I would be grateful. Even though, I do not believe....It is the least I can ask for him in his last couple of days on this Earth. As for atheists, just send me some love and well wishes.

Death is part of life; one expects rebirth.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,353,646 times
Lv, I wish you and your family the best through this trying time.

A little Irish saying goes...

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:22 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,593,763 times
I think one has to come to a point and decide for another person,are they living or are they existing? In this case liberal they are existing and as you stated your grandfather seemingly is close to God so he knows that he is wanting and longing to go home to his Father in Heaven,so to take him off the IV's and medication was the right thing to do so there is no more prolonged expenses.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:38 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,595,325 times
Rest in peace, Grandpa. Your suffering is over...

He passed away at 9:20 ish today.

Thank you all so much for your support. To the people who talked about their family members dying as well, I feel for you . This is my first family death.....

Old 03-11-2010, 10:20 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,593,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Rest in peace, Grandpa. Your suffering is over...

He passed away at 9:20 ish today.

Thank you all so much for your support. To the people who talked about their family members dying as well, I feel for you . This is my first family death.....
Sorry to hear,but I know your grandfather is in a better place with God in Heaven as he is at rest in His Kingdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality