Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:24 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Help me here, Mystic. You gotta be at least a little embarrassed....
I told you I would leave the easy ones to you and your rabid cohorts to tear apart intellectually. You seem to enjoy it. I am more concerned with the reality you choose to ignore and "take for granted" while assuming your negative default position . . . which is completely at odds with the very scientific evidence you tout about the same reality whose source of control you can't identify. Just because you consider what occurs haphazard, chance, inexplicable or imperfect, etc. . . does NOT mean a thing. The very existence of DNA and code sequences establishes a design by which they occur . . . not haphazard. But enjoy yourself . . . it is not remotely embarassing to me. I agree with most of your refutations against literalists and YEC's, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 01:44 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
This wasn't the kind of evolution I was referring to. If the idea that one species can evolve into an entirely different species is not an evolutionary theory, then I concede that I have been misled.
No, you haven't been misled....Here is an example of one species evolving into a separate species....I'm guessing that you will reply with something like " but they are still both salamanders". If you are looking for one genus to evolve into another, (eg. canine to feline) then you have a long wait. Evolution doesn't work that way.

YouTube - Evolution in Action: Ring Species

Old 03-18-2010, 02:44 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
How about actually explaining why you think I'm wrong instead of resorting to insults? All your insults do is prove that you are biased because they show clearly that for you this issue is very personal.
If you see what I said as insulting then I offer you an apology but you see, there are occasions when you just have to be blunt and tell it like it is and I'm afraid that what you said indicates that you really DON'T understand the ToE.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:04 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
A quote from the article:

"In just a few decades the 5-inch-long (13-centimeter-long) lizards have developed a completely new gut structure, larger heads, and a harder bite, researchers say."
Notice the morphological changes.

Quote:
This wasn't the kind of evolution I was referring to. If the idea that one species can evolve into an entirely different species is not an evolutionary theory, then I concede that I have been misled.
We have that. You're expecting "monkey to man" evolution, which is not how evolution works nor what the theory states. Read up on taxonomy for a better understanding of how classification of organisms works.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:40 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, you haven't been misled....Here is an example of one species evolving into a separate species....I'm guessing that you will reply with something like " but they are still both salamanders". If you are looking for one genus to evolve into another, (eg. canine to feline) then you have a long wait. Evolution doesn't work that way.

YouTube - Evolution in Action: Ring Species
This same argument can be used in the rhesus +/- factor....but I'm guessing that someone will reply with something like "but we are all humans".

Old 03-18-2010, 05:53 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Oh lord save me. Oh well: here goes, briefly. "... there's never been a case in which a mutation has benefitted the genes"??? On what do you base this nonsense? Please provide your documented source for this stupid statement. Each and every stable and retained DNA change (with the now spectacularly available tool of genome mapping) within the documented ancestry of species has proven to be of some measurable advantage, else it would have failed.

Yes, most all are lethal, being based on chance and all, but then, those would hardly be expected to survive and show up in subsequent offspring, now would they? "Only the strong survive", etc.

Logic 101, frankly.

Perhaps you'll now tell me (us) that mutations don't occur, or if they do, they are not then tested against the niche in which the organism lives?

Do tell. If you agree that they do occur (and you pretty much have to admit that. I can show you down in the lab any day. Wanna come?), what consequences do you suppose result? Nothing?

"In fact.... cells always fight against a mutated gene...".

So.... just where again did you get your biosciences & genetics training, dobeable?

Two massive errors in four lines. Pretty good. I'd love to see a further paragraph of your composition and ideas on bioscience.

Help me here, Mystic. You gotta be at least a little embarrassed....
im emmbarresed for you mate cause your still stuck in the mentality that all you are is a material body that will eventually perish -oh the darkness

bye the way can you give me an example of a case where mutation actually benefits the genome

their was a monkey found to be 30 million years old -dos'nt that make a mess of all that evolution nonsense

how did the animals decide that it was time to move out of the water did they all get toghether and say"**** lads we better start growing lungs"

if every living species came from some other species and lets say theres 8 million species on the planet then their would have to be the same amount millions of years ago and before that and before that

how come therers still monkeys then,why hav'nt they evolved

more scientist are moving away from the evolution THEORY every day because their is more science against it than for it

give me 1 example where mutation benefits the genome

Old 03-18-2010, 06:26 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Wow...What else can I say....You have no understanding of evolution at all....I think it would be best if you at least had a modicum of understanding before you make those ridiculous statements.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
im emmbarresed for you mate cause your still stuck in the mentality that all you are is a material body that will eventually perish -oh the darkness
You have evidence otherwise?

Quote:
bye the way can you give me an example of a case where mutation actually benefits the genome
"White" skin.
CB101: Most mutations harmful?

Quote:
their was a monkey found to be 30 million years old -dos'nt that make a mess of all that evolution nonsense
[citation needed]

Quote:
how did the animals decide that it was time to move out of the water did they all get toghether and say"**** lads we better start growing lungs"
Lungfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
if every living species came from some other species and lets say theres 8 million species on the planet then their would have to be the same amount millions of years ago and before that and before that
Just as there were some 6 billion people 6006 years ago? This argument doesn't make sense what so ever. If you take one large population and split it into two populations, place them in different areas, they will perform copious coitus and repopulate their two distinct regions. Considering these regions are different, each species will eventually suit its environment better than they did originally through evolution, eventually resulting in two different species.

Quote:
Americans came from Europeans, why are there still Europeans?

Quote:
more scientist are moving away from the evolution THEORY every day because their is more science against it than for it
Baseless claim and actual lie.

Quote:
White. Skin. Lighter skinned people are able to survive (rather, were back in the day we didn't have all this fancy cool technology) because their skin absorbed more UVB radiation. Ovcatto and I already covered this.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:30 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post

Sickle cell anemia. Malaria's a big problem in Africa. Over forty percent of the natives whom live in the areas where malaria is prevalent have the gene for the sickle cell. The gene helps prevent someone from contracting malaria.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:32 PM

I strive to educate.
Introduction to evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - 6. Natural Selection Made Easy (for schools)

YouTube - 7 -- The Theory of Evolution Made Easy (for schools)

YouTube - 8 -- Human Evolution Made Easy (for schools)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality