Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:44 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times

Advertisements

to be honest with yas lads i dont realy give a crap about evolution- whether i agrea with it or not its not realy goin to help me in life- its just mere mental speculation and there are other things on you tube that confirm the latter but i dont know how to put them on the thread

i know what your thinkin-if i dont give a crap about it then why are you on the thread-i was just being nosey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 06:49 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
to be honest with yas lads i dont realy give a crap about evolution- whether i agrea with it or not its not realy goin to help me in life- its just mere mental speculation and there are other things on you tube that confirm the latter but i dont know how to put them on the thread

i know what your thinkin-if i dont give a crap about it then why are you on the thread-i was just being nosey
Biology is tied together with the theory. It explains the very things that make you sick, and why it is so difficult to eradicate them, much less prevent them from making you sick in the first place. That's pretty important.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:28 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Biology is tied together with the theory. It explains the very things that make you sick, and why it is so difficult to eradicate them, much less prevent them from making you sick in the first place. That's pretty important.
the way isee it m8 is that a chicken makes a chicken if theirs a mutated gene then that chicken has a disadvantage the mutated gene might be the very thing that makes it sick

i know there are known cases of bacteria even animals that dont respond to repelents or medicine that once would kill them like say the mosquito,but thats just adaptation-theve adapted but you dont see them growing any extra organs or anything

but the prevention of sickness is very important and science does definitly come in handy for that purpose

anybody know where medicine came from or who were the first to use it

Old 03-18-2010, 07:49 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
i know there are known cases of bacteria even animals that dont respond to repelents or medicine that once would kill them like say the mosquito,but thats just adaptation-theve adapted but you dont see them growing any extra organs or anything
I'm dying to know how you believe that humans come in all hues and shapes.

I'm also dying to know your views on the value of mutated hemoglobin in warding off malaria is primarily found in persons of African descent.

Quote:
but the prevention of sickness is very important and science does definitly come in handy for that purpose
And you think that evolutionary biology plays no part in medical advances?

Quote:
anybody know where medicine came from or who were the first to use it
Medicine, the practice or medicine what you take for an ailment? Either way, the origins of medicine predate human history. From the perspective of the historical record, there is a tie, between Imhotep the Egyptian physician and Hippocrates, the Greek.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

I'm also dying to know your views on the value of mutated hemoglobin in warding off malaria is primarily found in persons of African descent.

Medicine, the practice or medicine what you take for an ailment? Either way, the origins of medicine predate human history. From the perspective of the historical record, there is a tie, between Imhotep the Egyptian physician and Hippocrates, the Greek.
Mesopotamia has one of the earlier recorded uses of medicine. They pretty much kick-started human civilization.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:13 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

I'll bite. What is your theory r/t the origin of the hues?

Without outside intervention the best earthly causation is probably continental drift, in which evolution probably sits squarely.

But, I don't feel continental drift can adequately cover the immense diversity in melanin allocation. So what say you?

Old 03-18-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I'll bite. What is your theory r/t the origin of the hues?

Without outside intervention the best earthly causation is probably continental drift, in which evolution probably sits squarely.

But, I don't feel continental drift can adequately cover the immense diversity in melanin allocation. So what say you?
Migration?

Old 03-18-2010, 10:35 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Migration?
oh yeah! over the land bridge.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:03 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
how did the animals decide that it was time to move out of the water did they all get toghether and say"**** lads we better start growing lungs"

if every living species came from some other species and lets say theres 8 million species on the planet then their would have to be the same amount millions of years ago and before that and before that

how come therers still monkeys then,why hav'nt they evolved
Oh dear!!

Old 03-19-2010, 01:38 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,675 times
Just checking in to see how many of my predictions have come true

I see some of them have. This may be proof of me having a real psychic gift if this keeps up.

Sylvia Brown has nothing on me, it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality