Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 04:04 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,944,847 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's meant to be like an Easter Egg hunt, Montana. Only the truly enthusiastic can find those well-hidden gems.

But if I do indulge, will they be hollow or solid? And they gotta be dark chocolate as well...

Old 03-21-2010, 06:37 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,668,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Maybe it's meant to be like an Easter Egg hunt, Montana. Only the truly enthusiastic can find those well-hidden gems.

But if I do indulge, will they be hollow or solid? And they gotta be dark chocolate as well...

Hey hands off my Dark Chocolate Eggs ! Mine all mine. OK , I'll share just because I like you, it is nice to meet like minded chocophiles with taste ! No cream fillings for me or I am out of here.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:44 PM

200 posts, read 308,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
And if I believe I won't be, then I... won't?
Nope, you will still be dead.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:52 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,187,777 times
If I'm wrong and there is a hell, it would be fine. Hell is where all the interesting people will be.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:53 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,896,554 times
What if you're wrong?

I don't see that it would matter much, I'll just be another dead atheist, and, no one yet has been able to get out of life alive.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:55 AM

428 posts, read 1,067,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post

...no one yet has been able to get out of life alive.
Jesus did.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:51 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,055,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runemaster View Post
Jesus did.
If that is your tradition and belief then yes he did. If others have a different belief and tradition then no he didn't.

I believe he was a teacher and had ideas for his time, but he wasn't G-d, nor did he want to start a new religion.

I also don't push my beliefs on others because I don't believe you need to be Jewish to be a part of G-ds plan. All people are part of G-ds plan and all people can be righteous in G-d's eyes.

Being right or wrong is really just what each persons belief is, but not all beliefs discount those that are different.

Many traditions have respect for beliefs that are different and see humanity as being on a path towards G-d.

I have a sense of well being with my belief and I feel a sense of happiness that I don't have to feel like I have the only truth and I am be respectful of others. Those religions that think they are right and everyone is wrong are really arrogant and disrespectful of humanity.

But more so they are disrespectful of G-d, because ultimately we can not completely know G-d, because we are limited and G-d is not.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 03-22-2010 at 06:18 AM..

Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,668,963 times
Quote:
Jesus did.
Prove it. Oh I forgot two thousand years of Christianity and nobody has come up with proof yet . One cannot expect one's belief to be taken seriously when there is no proof of any kind. If there was a murder I would like a little more than airy sentiments and proclamations of truth to prove that person guilty or innocent.

We Atheists cannot disprove a negative but a positive must be pretty easy to prove ?!?!? If not why not ? Either something is or isn't.

If Jesus was resurrected, if there is a God then it must be scientifically proveable. Surely God would not have created man with the capacitiy to rationality, common sense and intellectual curiosity simply to hide his very existence from us all ? Why play mind games with us ? Does he have so much contempt for us he would deny the proven knowledge of his existence ? Does God think we have nothing better to do with our lives than simply pray and hope he does exist ?

If he exists then we must be able to see him, hear him and feel him especially if we are made in his image . Quoting scriptures and "beliefs" does not really cut it in the world of reality.

Last edited by Mooseketeer; 03-22-2010 at 06:13 AM..

Old 03-22-2010, 07:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,624,418 times
Quote:
Everyone who has beliefs, one way or another, always seems to be so very confident that what they believe is true. But that begs the question, (since we're all flawed humans who make mistakes daily):

What if you're wrong?

For me, as Christ Follower, if I'm wrong, I simply take a dirt nap when I die and that's that. In the days when I was a card carrying agnostic, I would have missed out on far more...
A what's in it for me approach to faith. That'll sure put it over on the all-powerful, all-knowing deity you claim to worship.

Quote:
So, what happens if you're wrong?

Disclaimer: this isn't intended to start a flame war or illicit angry responses. if reading anything in this thread entices you to post in anger or with the intent to flame anyone, please walk away and find a more constructive outlet for your energy. Thanks!

Look at it this way...

Remember all of the religions that preceded Christianity? They were all "wrong" as history has proven. And where's Christianity going these days?

Old 03-22-2010, 07:03 AM

153 posts, read 290,894 times
Default There is no wrong for the next world exists

This past weekend I attended a wake, a funeral, a family gathering for a mother who died last Thursday and two memorials for relatives who died last year.

One thing that appeared was that there are two patterns of religion...religions that come from books (Bible, Quran...etc.) and religions that come from the soul (tribal).

At the grave an minister spoke of the deceased as being with Jesus
and a pipe carrier spoke of the deceased being met by his mother and father and other ancestors. In reality both are right for the next world is one of acceptance and love...where no evil exists and life is forever....we are so blessed that we often become confused because we do not feel how blessed we are or understand why. The creator, Wakanda, God, Allah...whatever we call it...has given all living beings love beyond what the mind and even the soul trapped in our bodies can imagine or offer. We are blessed...aho Xube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality