Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:23 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth ann View Post
No, the essence of a tick is not evil....but, it does produce symptoms and disease if left to continue to suck anohter's blood. The tick hadn't bit her since the head was still out; it was just stuck to her hair shaft; it probably had not been there long.

My point here is that if I had not stoked my daugher's hair, the tick would have bit my daughter and sucked her blood (that sounds wierd ) all night long. She would have been sick in the morning, most likely.

The thought of me stroking her hair as unusual ran through my mind. The fact I was conscience of the fact that I was stroking her hair and I never do that and how differnt it was that I was doing that all adds to the situation, imo.
The mind is a complex organ. We tend to associate all kinds of occurrances.

My insurance agent's son used to work for the same company I do, only in Napa, not Sparks. She drives a white Sebring convertible. The car I insure through her is a white Sebring convertible. Coincidence or deeper meaning?

How 'bout this. Spooky...

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost a child while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are composed of fifteen letters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 01:31 AM

743 posts, read 2,234,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

My insurance agent's son used to work for the same company I do, only in Napa, not Sparks. She drives a white Sebring convertible. The car I insure through her is a white Sebring convertible. Coincidence or deeper meaning?

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

But....if you spell their names backwards and add 6 vowels, 6 consanants and 6 linking verbs (666) and look at their pictures in a dark room with only a candle lit what do you see?.....LOL...

I've got to speak up for a significant difference with JFK here....JFK was a catholic....my grandmother had his picture on the wall right next to the Blessed Virgin and the Pope....you know where he ranked in that house

Old 06-11-2007, 01:35 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth ann View Post
But....if you spell their names backwards and add 6 vowels, 6 consanants and 6 linking verbs (666) and look at their pictures in a dark room with only a candle lit what do you see?.....LOL...

I've got to speak up for a significant difference with JFK here....JFK was a catholic....my grandmother had his picture on the wall right next to the Blessed Virgin and the Pope....you know where he ranked in that house
LOL.

Now you see my point! jk

Old 06-11-2007, 08:35 AM

743 posts, read 2,234,537 times
Okay, nvxplorer....explain this as coincidence

My 8 yo daughter received a religious medal recently and started wearing it. My 11 yo old son was sharing that he doens't like the way something feels around his neck since it bothers him (he's always been a little tactile-sensitive).

Anyway, our family was discussing the benefits of wearing a religious medal on your person the same evening we had previously planned to go to confession at our local parish.

Arriving at church, there were probably 30 people in the confession lines. We stood in line, went into the confessional and waited for each other in the main church while we silently prayed.

My son came out of the confessional with a beaming smile and a mischevous look (llike he just stole cookies from the cookie jar). Well, he had in his hand a medal called the "miraculous medal" which the priest had given him.

I asked my son how/why did the priest give you this? He said after his confession, the priest randomly said he wanted to give him something and handed him this medal. My son said thanks, and left.

Neither myself, my husband nor my daugher received a medal from the priest in the confessional....only my son. Out of curiousity, I actually watched as person by person came out of the confessional to see if any of them had soemthing in their hand. I know it sound kinda weird, but I even asked a few people and they said no.

We see this as the Holy Spirit. Given this situation, I'm wondering how you might explain it by coincidence.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

You forgot one other obvious one! A week before he was shot, Lincoln was in Monroe, Maryland. A week before he was shot, Kennedy was in Marilyn Monroe.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:10 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
I LOVED Irishmom's comments about the tick having free will...I was dyin'...but CD wouldn't let me give rep points, LOL...

Old 06-11-2007, 09:14 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
When I was a baby laying in my crib in the bedroom my Mother said she had a sudden feeling she should go get me. This was in one of those older style apartment buildings when the walls were made of heavy plaster. Anyway, right after she walked into the next room she heard a loud noise and when she went back into the bedroom a large chunk of plaster had torn loose from the ceiling and landed in my crib. She's always felt that it was more than a coincidence although I never have. I mean why would God want to save a baby that was going to grow up to be an atheist? Incidentally, my Mother saved me a second time when I swallowed a large open safety pin. She actually put her hand right down my throat and and found it and pulled it out. It's good to have a Mother who's paying attention.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:22 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,746,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
When I was a baby laying in my crib in the bedroom my Mother said she had a sudden feeling she should go get me. This was in one of those older style apartment buildings when the walls were made of heavy plaster. Anyway, right after she walked into the next room she heard a loud noise and when she went back into the bedroom a large chunk of plaster had torn loose from the ceiling and landed in my crib. She's always felt that it was more than a coincidence although I never have. I mean why would God want to save a baby that was going to grow up to be an atheist? Incidentally, my Mother saved me a second time when I swallowed a large open safety pin. She actually put her hand right down my throat and and found it and pulled it out. It's good to have a Mother who's paying attention.
Because Gods love for you doesnt change just because you dont believe...and I def agree about the mother part!!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:25 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
Because Gods love for you doesnt change just because you dont believe...and I def agree about the mother part!!
Amen. Isn't our God Great!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:25 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,273,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Regarding you personally, MG, it's not over till it's over!!

Regarding coincidence vs. God-incidence, I would just say that I believe there are both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality