Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 05:00 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
What does it mean?

First a God was invented, then brainwashed into believing oneself being a supremacist?
First, God was not invented. Before the fall of our first parents, we were in contact, soul contact, with our Father in Heaven. After the fall, all contact was lost until Jesus. Now, because of religions, when we do make contact with the spiritt world, which is rightfully ours, we are ridiculed and called demon worshippers.

Second, we are all chosen no matter what race, creed or color. Even athiests.

Third, if you are one of the "brainwashed" and believe there is no God or that your God only chooses those under certain conditions, you have probably not heard of the True God who is our Father and Creator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 06:33 AM

433 posts, read 586,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
First, God was not invented. Before the fall of our first parents, we were in contact, soul contact, with our Father in Heaven. After the fall, all contact was lost until Jesus. Now, because of religions, when we do make contact with the spiritt world, which is rightfully ours, we are ridiculed and called demon worshippers.

Second, we are all chosen no matter what race, creed or color. Even athiests.

Third, if you are one of the "brainwashed" and believe there is no God or that your God only chooses those under certain conditions, you have probably not heard of the True God who is our Father and Creator.
Were you personally in anyway, at any time, "in contact with heavenly father"?

See that's a human lie. Only a religiously brainwashed person can have that kind of idea.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Were you personally in anyway, at any time, "in contact with heavenly father"?

See that's a human lie. Only a religiously brainwashed person can have that kind of idea.
It's a human lie to say that we cannot contact Him directly. He speaks to us soul to soul and not through our minds. It's something you'll just have to get over cause I talk and listen all the time.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 PM

19 posts, read 34,975 times
Honestly, I cannot understand the people who belive in God without any kind of proof. On the other hand I can understand that these people need to belive in something to live "in peace" because the life sometimes is very hard to live.
So, when the religion improve people to behave better I think is good but sometimes a fanatic belief can be dangerous for them and even for the other people who don't belive in that religion.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastodermo View Post
Honestly, I cannot understand the people who belive in God without any kind of proof. On the other hand I can understand that these people need to belive in something to live "in peace" because the life sometimes is very hard to live.
So, when the religion improve people to behave better I think is good but sometimes a fanatic belief can be dangerous for them and even for the other people who don't belive in that religion.
I don't adhere to any religion because of all the crap that is shoved in the many faces of their congregations. When we put aside all the bull, we can then find out what is or isn't true. When we look within, at a soul level, get rid of the materialistic garbage that blocks us from our own true self, we can then find God. I have felt His presence within me. I have talked and listened to that still small voice. I have also heard from other beings.

The only proof of God is from within. You can surely find Him there as the sun rises and sets. I'm sure there are a million athiests who have actually found God but don't know what to call it.

When we lead a good life, don't harm anyone and live in this world without being of it and loving all, we are all doing the will of God. We don't need to believe in Him to make that happen. It matters not, in this life, if we believe in Him or not. (Although it does help in the transition to the next life, however, it's not necessary).

Old 04-27-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
It's a human lie to say that we cannot contact Him directly. He speaks to us soul to soul and not through our minds. It's something you'll just have to get over cause I talk and listen all the time.
That's what I called a human lie -- what exactly did he tell you to your soul ??? -- lie, isn't it?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
That's what I called a human lie -- what exactly did he tell you to your soul ??? -- lie, isn't it?
Well of course it's a lie to you, silly. You've never made the contact.

He teaches us things like Love, compassion, humility, forgiveness and all that is Truth, Beauty and Goodness. Of course He also sends teachers to do the same. You will know if it's God or not. Try it, you may like it.

You are the one being lied to. Maybe you need to do some real soul searching. The soul that is the real you and not your ego talking.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:46 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
The fact that no-one had even heard of your god until about 3000 years ago is a pretty good indicator.
Well, yes and no. There's circumstantial proof (writing--but that doesn't mean the tradition didn't exist orally before that time) that people didn't know of "the" God "Jehovah" or YAWEH (is that the correct spelling? I don't think I ever get that one right) by that particular name and in that particular understanding until the then.

But there has surely been a belief in external forces--in a huge way--for tens of thousands of years at least--again, provable via circumstantial evidence; god and goddess figures, figurines and drawings, and apparent sacrifice in various forms. Again, this is only provable to a time period when man was creating such things; there's nothing to say that before he got artistic, he just plain didn't believe in any spirit realm at all.

I think understanding of spirituality is as evolutionary as anything else and dividing a god up into parts, or putting gods together into just one part, or calling it different names is all human invention--ways to try to understand what we think of as God. But our not really understanding the whole deal doesn't mean God isn't real. Just sayin'.

Bottom line: saying the specific God of the Bible wasn't understood and written about in a certain way, among a then very small segment of the earth's population, until 3000 years ago (or rather 3000 BC, is that what you meant? That would be 5000 years ago) isn't "proof" that man created god.

The concept of a god or gods has obviously, materially been around for at least as long as what is considered the "enlightenment" period of man (50,000BPE? I think? Trying to remember), which separates "Cro magnon" from "Homo sapiens sapiens" (since nothing physical separates the two), has been able to physically express such beliefs in drawings and paintings and the like. None of this points to "proof" that man created god. Man became aware of (or had a belief in) god or gods for at least as long as he was/has been able to leave physical evidence of such.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:53 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
What is it with the lie, lie, lie stuff? For the third or fourth or fiftieth or whatever time I have to ask you, Vic: even if someone were incorrect about such things how would that be "lying"? Being wrong and lying are the same thing? When I was a very little girl I thought Washington apples came from where the President lived. Does that mean I was lying?

What's with the anger and aggression? Maybe that's what you should be looking at rather than pretending to want to actually figure out the truth.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:20 PM

Well just say: it's not a lie because ______. (fill the blank with evidence)

Otherwise admit such falsehood. (no wrath involved here)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality