Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:22 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts

Advertisements

I think believing in God is one thing, but basing your life on an ancient book that we really have no proof of where it came from is just insanity. Maybe The Bible was the Harry Potter of the early centuries. If you want to believe, do it. But don't cite a book as fact that is FAR from proven (A.K.A. not a fact). That's why they call it believing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 08:24 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
I think believing in God is one thing, but basing your life on an ancient book that we really have no proof of where it came from is just insanity. Maybe The Bible was the Harry Potter of the early centuries. If you want to believe, do it. But don't cite a book as fact that is FAR from proven (A.K.A. not a fact). That's why they call it believing.
Well, this is your opinion and your certainly entitled to it, even though you're wrong about the Bible.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 PM

341 posts, read 1,487,309 times
Boy you stepped in it now! The hoards will now decend! Hah!

Old 04-10-2007, 09:52 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
even though you're wrong about the Bible.
Prove it.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:53 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,538 times
Quote:
Not proven fact HUH!! Who told you this!!

Old 04-10-2007, 09:57 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Not proven fact HUH!! Who told you this!!
Proven fact huh?! Who told you this?!

Old 04-10-2007, 10:03 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Proven fact huh?! Who told you this?!
Touche...

This is probably what bothers me most... how non-religious folks need to PROVE their side, but religious ones can just use faith as their "proof". Same thing in the whole evolution debate (not to start that, lol), where they'll pick apart Darwin's theories, despite overwhelming scientific evidence. But if there's any tiny missing piece or unknown, they call it a farce. I'm sorry, but that's just a very hypocritical and egotistical point-of-view, in my opinion. As a spiritual yet scientifically-minded person, I just can't take "faith" as evidence for something this important.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:05 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
And yes, in case you can't tell, I don't really sit 100% on either side... I'm not "religious" in the known sense of the word, but spiritually and culturally Jewish. Hard to explain, but aren't all human minds complex?

Old 04-10-2007, 10:16 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,244 times
Quote:
Prove it.
Sure...but you would not believe it right? LOL

Old 04-10-2007, 10:19 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,614,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Sure...but you would not believe it right? LOL
Proof doesn't require belief. That's why they call it proof

~T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality