Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,118,375 times

Advertisements

Why would God create parasites and pathogens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 01:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
An angel double-dog dared him.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:43 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,561,212 times
Quote:
I don't know.

Why do you think God created germs and parasites?

Old 01-10-2013, 01:47 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,595,675 times
Quote:

I have thought about that myself; I think some of the answer is " Oppisites." God created Good and Evil, which are oppisites; he wanted that kind of competition and push and pull on the earth. I think its the same with healing and disease , parasites and pathogens; he wanted both pain and pleasure to exist in humanity, both healing and sickness; he wanted humanity to experience all the ways of the flesh; everything that being physical can create. In a sense, that is " Being like God", Gen. 3:22, becoming like one of the Spirit beings, or " Knowing good and evil", or experiencing parasites and pathogens, and going through a miracle healing every now and then. Knowing both sides of the track, traveling both up and down; to experience weakness and strength;

So God had to create weakness and place it into humanity, to achieve what he knows hes after; his results in humanity.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I don't know.

Why do you think God created germs and parasites?
At least Mickiel was honest enough to give his opinion the best he could.
I repped him for it.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
At least Mickiel was honest enough to give his opinion the best he could.
I repped him for it.
Well now I am jealous.

I think that germs and parasites came about thru the natural laws created by God.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Well now I am jealous.

I think that germs and parasites came about thru the natural laws created by God.
Are you saying they evolved ?
You believe in evolution?

Old 01-10-2013, 02:24 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,595,675 times
Quote:
Well now I am jealous.

I think thats part of the answer; its natural for humans to get weak and affected by their environment, or strengthened by it. One thing Heaven willnot have is germs and parasites, the earth is the oppisite of Heaven. God offers heaven as our destiny, he offered earth as our " Womb to be in for 9 months" so to speak; in the womb we will be fed, and we will suffer the growing pains of humanity. I think God views the whole human experience sort of in that vein; he has us all here on earth, which is like a giant incubator; we all must go through the same kinds of things; like growing pains; birthpangs; the germs and parasites are part of the pool of the human preordained experience- which no one can avoid or live without.

Another interesting question would be " Why the Suffering"; just what is God getting out of human suffering, moreover, what are we getting out of it?

Because I do not view God as a waster of time where humanitys experiences are concerned; if he has us going through something, were going to benefit from it in the future in some manner. Which is kind of deep; what are we benefitting from the suffering? Or what will we; and I think one has to think really deep to even begin to understand the answer to that.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Are you saying they evolved ?
You believe in evolution?
Well; yea. Don't you?

Old 01-10-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Well; yea. Don't you?
Yes I do.

And I have no problem accepting that your answer is that God allowed his creations to become harmful.

I hope a few others give their opinion.

Have to log off for awhile, back in a two or so hours.
Cheers,
Aeroman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality