Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 11:35 AM

768 posts, read 1,088,406 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Hell: an excessive punishment

Old 05-22-2010, 12:25 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,478 times
although i am a theist-this clip is pretty much on the same line of thought that i have about the issue and ive put all those points to the christian fundamentalist's but its very hard for them to see these simple truth's,their conditioning is strong.

i disagree with the last sentence yer man spoke though,when we sleep we are still consiouss and aware in our dreams.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:25 PM

433 posts, read 587,342 times
Hell works only on faithful followers -- it has no effect on atheists other than enhancing the their feelings towards religions in general as a game of "smart asses fooling dumb asses".

Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
A George Carlin express the nonsense of this nonsense very well;
Quote:
And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you
And people honor, worship such a sick sadistic deity.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:33 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
although i am a theist-this clip is pretty much on the same line of thought that i have about the issue and ive put all those points to the christian fundamentalist's but its very hard for them to see these simple truth's,their conditioning is strong.

i disagree with the last sentence yer man spoke though,when we sleep we are still consiouss and aware in our dreams.
Well you know, I am a Christian who believes in the fundamentals of the Bible. And yet when I was in my 20s I never really thought much about Hell or demons. And yet at the age of 23 I had a six month encounter with two demons named Abjar, and Altra. This encounter was beyond anything I had ever experienced, and for the first time in my life I realized how true the Bible is. Even the pastor of my church could not help me, nor did he want to. He himself was not conditioned to accept what was occuring to me. Most churches do not focus that much on such things. I would say it is hard for Christians to accept the simple truths of the Scriptures, and even harder for non Christians to believe in such things. Yet for me, it was a real eye opener. After six months the demons were forced to leave me. And that occured when other understanding Christians came to my aid.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:40 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
A George Carlin express the nonsense of this nonsense very well;

And people honor, worship such a sick sadistic deity.
20 years in prison, mandatory, for selling cocaine...5 times as much as the average sentence of an armed robber...doesn't seem equitable either. But the drug dealer knows that going in. So how can he complain when he gets caught, and that punishment befalls him?

Old 05-25-2010, 04:12 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,958,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And yet at the age of 23 I had a six month encounter with two demons named Abjar, and Altra.
Say what

Ever notice how people who say God spoke to them or told them to do it or killed people because they believed they were posessed by demons are the crazies

Old 05-25-2010, 04:15 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well you know, I am a Christian who believes in the fundamentals of the Bible. And yet when I was in my 20s I never really thought much about Hell or demons. And yet at the age of 23 I had a six month encounter with two demons named Abjar, and Altra. This encounter was beyond anything I had ever experienced, and for the first time in my life I realized how true the Bible is. Even the pastor of my church could not help me, nor did he want to. He himself was not conditioned to accept what was occuring to me. Most churches do not focus that much on such things. I would say it is hard for Christians to accept the simple truths of the Scriptures, and even harder for non Christians to believe in such things. Yet for me, it was a real eye opener. After six months the demons were forced to leave me. And that occured when other understanding Christians came to my aid.
the existence of demons dosent prove the eternal hell concept,a concept that dosent make any sense at all,karma and reincarnation seems to be the only one that makes sense if their is a God,if their isnt a God then everything is just happening randomly.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:26 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
20 years in prison, mandatory, for selling cocaine...5 times as much as the average sentence of an armed robber...doesn't seem equitable either. But the drug dealer knows that going in. So how can he complain when he gets caught, and that punishment befalls him?
Though my reply will be off topic, your analogy must be pointed out as outrageously wrong. The drug dealer is making addicts of hundreds, perhaps thousands of people, including children, and creating an environment where the addicts must turn to armed robbery to support their addiction.

To the illogical mind, your analogy may seem logical, but that is because on this topic you also fail to look at the reality and the facts. Indicates to me that your irrational support of your beliefs expressed here effect other aspects of your life and reasoning also.

The commandments themselves.

#1 - No other gods before me - well what would one expect from a sadistic megalomaniac egotistical deity? This gets you eternity in hell? And you try to compare that to a drug dealer or an armed robber? Dude, your priorities are really skewed.

You have to go half way through the list to get to the first suggestion of how you should treat other people, as the first half is all about the mandatory kowtowing to the megalomaniacal deity. Sick nonsense like taking his name in vain, keep the sabbath holy........ and all worthy of a trip to hell.

Actually believing that must already be hell

Old 05-25-2010, 09:48 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
Hell works only on faithful followers --
When atheists and idolaters encounter Hell, then they cannot deny it, but will suffer its burning forever.

And it will be said to them: This is Hell which you denied in your Worldly life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality