Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,160 times

Advertisements

Section 8 has income limits, take some health concerns basically low income any creed or race. HAPP - does the best of their aility im sure. I'm a sec.8 reciepent and proud of it. I didn't live a good life to end up at this spot in my life but im ok with it. My son's are christians and God is more worried about our character than our comfort so I don't feel we have have felled them. HAPP(Housing Assistance payment programs) are not allowed to tell the renter's what knd of neighbor hood they are moving into they go with a HAPP manager and view house, apartment etc., inside and out. But I feel you should approach your neighbor and suggest to them next time farther action's will have to take place such as you calling the police.
But know this: everytime police is called on them they take the chance of loosing their SECTION 8 Voucher.
It would hurt you more to know you have caused someone to be out in the cold for a lil reggae, lilcountry or even rock.

A, B, C, acton- behind every Action is a Behavior behind every behavior is a Consequence.

But I will pray they will be more silent and less traffic in your neighborhood.

GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR NEIGHBORS

Last edited by mssingking; 02-13-2011 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: MISSPELLED WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 05:40 AM

584 posts, read 1,936,145 times
i also take care of rentals and our sec 8 tenets are better than the non sec 8 they a cleaner and take care of and have pride in the apartment or house... and our hud office does a good job on the back ground check to weed out people that should not be on it...plus when i was younger i dealt with nosy neighbors had one who would call the cops on me every time i had 3 friends on motorcycle come over with false complaints the cops eventually stopped coming,when ever she called. she would tell the cops a bike gang was there lol one was a cop. most of sec 8 is people on ssd ssi or old people. they get top priority. yes we will listen to neighbor complaints. but will not put some one out just because the neighbor does not like them.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:51 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Oh boy....

You live on section-8 or you are a section-8 tenant?

Why would you hate people who work and provided the taxes to fund your section -8 status?

You can always move.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,831 times
hello yes i live and a house that i have these young guy and the basement that dont suppose yo be there at all andthere living off my light and saling drugs they are tresspassing i need thecity to remove them because that not fair how can i get help

Old 01-04-2012, 02:38 PM

831 posts, read 2,826,502 times
Section 8 = NIGHTMARE!!!

Old 03-30-2012, 10:25 AM

3 posts, read 5,126 times
Default Section 8 Housing

I am having the exact same issues, section 8. It started with 15 people in one house, then piles of garbage, cars coming and going and threats made directly to my family. Sheriff has been to house multiple times. The landlord will not evict according to the sheriff. The Sergeant confirmed that there is narcotic activity and criminals in the house and to report all license plates, believe me there are a lot. The house had the electrical meter removed because they illegally hooked up the meter because of a $4000 delinquent bill. We had a council meeting and addressed our concerns to the KCH commissioner. He said the tenant lost the section 8, but the landlord kept her there for over a year. Now for the update: nothing has changed. I again notified the KCH directors and they indicated they may have to get the sheriff involved, there is a layer of fraud going on. My family's safety and health are at stake. If I don't receive a response from the KCH directors (I have antiharassment for 2 years on these people and KCH ignore the problem), then I am going to an attorney and sue. I will also bring this to the Media's attention.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:29 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTION89ABUSE View Post
I am having the exact same issues, section 8. It started with 15 people in one house, then piles of garbage, cars coming and going and threats made directly to my family. Sheriff has been to house multiple times. The landlord will not evict according to the sheriff. The Sergeant confirmed that there is narcotic activity and criminals in the house and to report all license plates, believe me there are a lot. The house had the electrical meter removed because they illegally hooked up the meter because of a $4000 delinquent bill. We had a council meeting and addressed our concerns to the KCH commissioner. He said the tenant lost the section 8, but the landlord kept her there for over a year. Now for the update: nothing has changed. I again notified the KCH directors and they indicated they may have to get the sheriff involved, there is a layer of fraud going on. My family's safety and health are at stake. If I don't receive a response from the KCH directors (I have antiharassment for 2 years on these people and KCH ignore the problem), then I am going to an attorney and sue. I will also bring this to the Media's attention.
What a horrible situation for you and your family. I think you are doing what you have to. I hope for the best outcome for you and yours. Please be safe and perhaps start a thread discussing the issues you've dealt wth.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:15 PM

584 posts, read 1,936,145 times
i will say it again not all sec 8 are bad sec 8 is not wealfare and i think most of what is said here is a lie

Old 05-03-2012, 10:20 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
Has anyone had any previous experience in dealing with issues with occupants of Section 8 homes?

I've lived near a home owned by the Housing Authority of Raleigh (Section 8) for about 6 years now, and we've had no problems with previous occupants, except for the last two. Enough people in my neighborhood complained about the last occupants for their loud music and alleged drug activity, and they were removed from the home. We've now got a new couple who moved in a couple weeks ago, and there are even more concerns now about the new occupants. In short, the police have already been called to the house for music. They've also been caught routinely staring at my neighbors and me thru the blinds as we leave our homes. There has also been a car that has made brief stops every now and then. Ok...so what, right? I mean, it's not much. Well, we do have a neighborhood watch setup and we did report the license plate number to our officer who offers guidance and assistance to our community. The officer could not tell us what he did or what came up, however, he did say that the information was forwarded to a "drug division" and that it would be greatly advised to inform everyone in the area to ensure that your property is secure and everything is locked up. Terrific.

I get that Section 8 has done alot of good for less fortunate folks. But all it seems to have done in my area lately (this isn't the only section 8 home in my immediate area), is bring the drugs and reports of domestic violence/theft into my neighborhood.

The officer has just advised us that all we can do is just report anything suspicious that we see. Has anyone been in a similar situation and tried contacting anyone else or doing something that would really give my neighborhood's concern more visibility? I'm afraid to even let my kids play in the backyard without me back there watching their every move, and my neighbor is very afraid to be home alone since these occupants have watched her come and go on a number of occasions (obviously, that's not illegal though). It's a case where the city brings them in, now it's our job to play hall monitors. Great.
Sadly, many landlords now prefer that you be a 'section 8'...I kid you not...read this C/L add...

****SECTION 8 HOMES, VOUCHERS WELCOME, LOW DEPOSIT, FULLY REMODELED*** (http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/apa/2993639540.html - broken link)

Nice decent remodeled homes, and landlord prefers 'Section 8' tenants...but if you're hard working and have a job...he doesn't want you...

Unbeleivable...

Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 AM

487 posts, read 1,358,319 times
In my experience, sooner or later the Section 8 home becomes a blight on the Neighborhood. Even if your neighborhood Section 8 house has the good entitle-e living there now. The Neighborhood is just one bad-tenant away from disaster. Crime, break-ins, Drug use, property damage. These behaviors are commonly associated with persons that have no financial stake in maintaining the quality, peace, and character of a neighborhood. They have no skin in the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting