Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 07:03 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
i know, born and raised in los angeles.

this lady here is the typical ride the system person.

has the handicapped parking card, smokes weed, lives on disability......but she sure does do alot of walking, driving and getting drunk and trying to have coherent conversation.
If this is the one w/ the smell coming from her apartment, I'd leave it alone. She sounds harmless and probably has a prescription. Unless your on probation and/or subject to drug testing for a new job or something, in which case fumes could be a concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 07:13 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,653,017 times
The tenants on the first floor of our building must be pot heads, because we always smell it, and by the time we get to the fourth floor, it reeks, so we just open the hallway windows on the 2nd and 3rd floors, even in the winter.

I don't complain, I don't care what they do in their own apartment. Once I get into my apartment I do not smell it.

I would say MYOB.

Living in apartment buildings and complexes sometime you just have to look the other way, because then everything will make you crazy.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:45 PM

911 posts, read 2,600,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
The tenants on the first floor of our building must be pot heads, because we always smell it, and by the time we get to the fourth floor, it reeks, so we just open the hallway windows on the 2nd and 3rd floors, even in the winter.

I don't complain, I don't care what they do in their own apartment. Once I get into my apartment I do not smell it.

I would say MYOB.

Living in apartment buildings and complexes sometime you just have to look the other way, because then everything will make you crazy.

so what if u smelled it? then would you "MYOB"?

Old 02-17-2012, 02:04 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,653,017 times
Quote:

yes, I do MYOB.

because it isn't my business.

It is in their apartment not mine, I don't care.
and I have better things to do with my life than complain about my neighbors.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,411,614 times
Exclamation Well...

Quote:
what should a person do if they smell any kind of drug coming from a neighbor's apartment and nothing is done when the landlord is told?
First...you better be darn sure where the smell is coming from before making any accusations that could harm your neighbors in any way, shape or form or you may find yourself on the wrong end of a bad lawsuit.
Koale

Old 02-18-2012, 01:20 AM

3,378 posts, read 9,212,192 times
If you are 100% sure it is coming from the correct apartment let them know the smoke is infiltrating your apartment. Don't say weed smoke...just say smoke.

I agree mind your own business...but once the smoke is in your apartment...its your problem too.

If I had a noisy neighbor I would talk with them....if that didn't fix it then I would start working on other ways to solve the problem.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
First...you better be darn sure where the smell is coming from before making any accusations that could harm your neighbors in any way, shape or form or you may find yourself on the wrong end of a bad lawsuit.
Koale

doubt it. landlord put draft strips under their door yesterday.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:25 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,083,166 times
Have you called the cops yet?

Old 02-19-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
If you are 100% sure it is coming from the correct apartment let them know the smoke is infiltrating your apartment. Don't say weed smoke...just say smoke.

I agree mind your own business...but once the smoke is in your apartment...its your problem too.

If I had a noisy neighbor I would talk with them....if that didn't fix it then I would start working on other ways to solve the problem.

heres the funny part. my landlord has said they complained awhile back about a weed smell before and said it was coming from my apartment. but he gave me this look like he knew they were trying to cover up their own stuff.

since all the furnaces are in the basement, all u would have to do would be open the vent there and ud know who was the guilty party.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:59 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,033,682 times
Quote:

Yes, I'd MYOB. I'd rather live next to a pothead than a mether or a crackhead. Or a paranoid schizo who thinks the world is out to get him and has appointed himself Chief PITA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting